Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,013 members, 7,970,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:28 PM

“i’ll Aid More Illiterates Into PDP”, Fayose’s Illiterate LG Chair Says: “ Opo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “i’ll Aid More Illiterates Into PDP”, Fayose’s Illiterate LG Chair Says: “ Opo (415 Views)

Accept Saraki Back Into PDP And Loose Your Support Base In SS/SE / Ben-Bruce: Give Students Biscuit & Don't Pay Workers, Get Biscuit Illiterates / I Will Employ Illiterates Into My Govt, They Voted For Me - Ayo Fayose. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“i’ll Aid More Illiterates Into PDP”, Fayose’s Illiterate LG Chair Says: “ Opo by IROHINOodua: 11:45am On Sep 16, 2015
By Tunde Araoye
An illiterate appointed by Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose to manage the political economy of about 50,000 people in Moba Local Govt area has said his emergence is aiding the influx of many uneducated locals into the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP), Irohinoodua has learnt.
Driving home the strength of his local wisdom even without western education, he said “Opon ti ri na sile, k’oju to fo”, meaning that the lack of western education does not preclude the prowess embedded in traditional knowledge and wisdom to comprehend issues and provide leadership.
Speaking with reporters at the weekend in Yoruba, the 72-year old carpenter, Olatunde Afolayan who can neither read nor write, said: “Part of the reasons why I love Fayose is because when he governed the state the first time, he brought uneducated people to prominence. He appointed many uneducated people in our area into positions in Moba Council and this caused an influx of members into the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) in the local government area. With my appointment, people will see a lot of activities in my council area and more illiterates will join the PDP.”
On his education, he said he has never been to school in his life. Hear him: ‘I never went under any teacher. I’ve never been to school. But even if I don’t know the reckoner, I should be able to reckon with my brain. So, I didn’t go to school and I must tell you that when we were growing up, It wasn’t that fashionable. However, when I learned my trade, I was able to learn measurements.”
In what appears a classical show of how modern politics work under Mr Fayose’s own paradigm, Pa Afolayan said that he used to buy ‘drinks and pay transport of members to meetings’ of PDP when before the return of the party to power in 2014.
He said “The PDP would have been dead in Moba if not for Governor Fayose. I spent money to buy soft drinks for our meetings, but some would say I was wasting my money and even querry if the money was coming from my farming, since I had retired from my carpentry work. Nobody wants to contribute resources to the growth of the party. I even give people some money for their transportation and I did all these because of the love of Fayose.”
On his experience, he claimed to have been actively involved in politics for several years. He said in the early ages, he was one of those who used to contribute to the fueling of the ‘Volkswagen car’ of a political weight in the area, one Atolagbe when the later was attending political meetings at Ibadan on behalf of his community.
Re: “i’ll Aid More Illiterates Into PDP”, Fayose’s Illiterate LG Chair Says: “ Opo by Yeahmee: 11:47am On Sep 16, 2015
Can u imagine
Re: “i’ll Aid More Illiterates Into PDP”, Fayose’s Illiterate LG Chair Says: “ Opo by Bashirfuntua(m): 11:51am On Sep 16, 2015
K
Re: “i’ll Aid More Illiterates Into PDP”, Fayose’s Illiterate LG Chair Says: “ Opo by emmyblackky(m): 11:52am On Sep 16, 2015
OP, the way you put the title ehnnn, it's just like saying the PDP wil now become a party of ILLITERATES. are you trying to say dat the PDP wants to compete wit the APC on the number of ILLITERATES in their party?
I dey watch all of una

(1) (Reply)

Disaster Develops In PDP Over Planned Reforms / CCT Defiance Of Subsisting Court Order : Our Stand / Nigerians March Against Al Makura’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.