Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,382 members, 7,881,376 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:04 PM

African Games: Nothing Special About Nigeria U-23 – B/faso Captain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Games: Nothing Special About Nigeria U-23 – B/faso Captain (597 Views)

Nigeria Finishes Second Position At All African Games / Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo / Nigeria Vs Ghana : All African Games - (2 - 0) On 9th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Games: Nothing Special About Nigeria U-23 – B/faso Captain by xlash(m): 7:17am On Sep 17, 2015

The man who engineered Nigeria’s elimination from the African Games men’s football event, Burkina Faso’s Sidney Sylla, said after the game that the favourites were made to look ordinary.

“First, the goal I scored did not come to me as
a surprise,”
the forward said.
“I’m used to scoring goals like that so I don’t think there is anything spectacular about it or special about the Nigerians.”

Click Here: To read more Gist

Sylla also disclosed that they had a good dossier on the Nigerian team’s defence as regards their weaknesses and strong points going into the game.
“Before the match, we already knew that the
Nigerian team’s defence had some weaknesses we could exploit and we did that well,” he said.

The famous win which the entire Burkina Faso
celebrated like a World Cup trophy now sets up a final clash between two West African nations, Burkina Faso and Senegal, and Sylla said it was going to be like every other match they play.

He added: “Yes, the final match against Senegal, we will take it like other matches we play.

“There is nothing special about it but we hope to work hard, do our best and with luck we can win.”

Source http://primebaze.com/forum2_theme_112058908.xhtml?tema=48

(1) (Reply)

NHL Maple-leafs-vs-sabres-live-stream / Chelsea FC: John Obi Mikel Defends Mourinho - We Are Solidly Behind Him / (must See) Lol! This Photo Interprete Arsenal’s 5-1 Loss To Bayern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.