Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,948 members, 7,949,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money (2078 Views)

Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. / How To Start An Home Based Import Business. / Garments Import Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by itech2020: 10:45am On Apr 11, 2009
Anybody to show me How to start import business with little money. i need ur urgent advice plssss
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by nthnymarce(m): 7:12pm On May 19, 2009
hi
it all depends on wht u will import and the available cash. i will advice u to start with the items that can be cargoed by air. well,it all depends on your pocket. lets know your worth so that we can move from their.
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by ebonyking: 8:49am On May 22, 2009
He has said it all.

If your budget is small,then start small and grow over time.

Try your possible best to verify that the company your dealing actually exists.

If you have someone in the merchants country,let him/her confirm the existence of the company for you.

Its better and cheaper to buy from manufacturers factory than from agents and marketing companies

For more on import tips download a free import from China ebook at http://www.webfireng.com
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by ifyalways(f): 11:32am On May 26, 2009
@ebonyking,how can one deal with manufactures directly in china and have them ship ur goods to u.can they be trusted?
i have been wanting to get somethings from China but dont have the time to go to China,i have a 9ja friend that i met "online" that wants to help me but i honestly dont trust him. . .i dont want any stories. wink
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by ebonyking: 2:30am On May 30, 2009
Re:ifyalways

My answer to that is yes!

But I am not going to give guarantees

Why?

Because every business has an element of risk,you must be willing to take chances.

The standard procedure is to follow the steps listed above and even after that start by buying in smaller quantities and gradually increase the quantity over time as you build trust and relationship.

As for the 9ja guy in China you met online who offered to help.He will be doing that at a commission which you may or may not be aware of,its cheaper to buy straight from the manufacturers,but there's no harm in him sourcing the goods,getting it shipped to 9ja.His running around is worth some fee because he acts as your purchasing manager grin,there.

Feel free to email me with admin@webfireng.com if you need more help
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by nthnymarce(m): 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2009
now bros,can u give an idea of what u would like to import. i may have an idea of good manufacturing company in china.
Best of lucks
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by Abeskey: 8:56am On Jul 06, 2009
@nthnymarce
I will like to import african wax (clothes).Do you have an idea of a manufacturer.I will like to visit their factory so that i can control quality.

thanks
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by 9ijaprince(m): 10:49am On Jul 06, 2009
African waxs are not legally imported in nigeria.beware! Pls anybody got an idea of what dis guy can import wt like 50k?
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by nthnymarce(m): 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2009
if u must import cloths consider leather or synthetic materials.
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by ebonyking: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2009
nthnymarce:

if u must import cloths consider leather or synthetic materials.

Why those kinds of cloths be considered?

Have the express prohibition on the importation of all manners of textile changed?
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by nthnymarce(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2009
ebony,the law is still there but if he must take the risk,he must go for movable texiles.Meanwhile,its an open- secret in nigeria that texile material are imported legally through Birnin Republic.
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by ebonyking: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2009
And one of the things we're taught in secondary economics(hoping you read it) is about the external and internal factors of production.

I can still hear the voice of my economics master saying while businesses/companies can control the internal factors, their only option in the external factors is to streamline their activities to it or run into trouble.

And one of the external factors is Government policy.

When a product is banned/prohibited for importation into a country.It enters that country only thru smuggling.

Are you encouraging smuggling?

The quick gains may be good but can very deadly when ,

I have seen guys whose goods worth over 3 million were confiscated by the customs without appeal.

Even the ones that later got back their goods got it after much bribing and the question is: who will pay for the bribe money?

The consumers of course and yet a lot of Nigerians point point at Abuja.

Sometimes ago I was speaking at a business forum in Onitsha on this very topic and as expected I was asked how to deal with goverment regulations better.

Guess what I answered!

Let two,three or four importers come together, invite a consultant like me we seat put a plan of action together pull resources and logistics together.Go to China and import the machinery and personnel and believe you me within 2 years the initial investment will be recouped.
Re: Anybody To Show Me How To Start Import Business With Little Money by importman(m): 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2011
I am still advocating pure online import business as a good source of income.You will practically save a lot of money you would have spent on expensive air tickets and hotel accommodation abroad by importing goods directly from reliable manufacturers and suppliers online using your PC with internet connection.But first you must learn the ropes and get proper information and knowledge.Before then you can make use of reliable import brokers who are masters of the import game.You will not pay a dime until your goods have been safely delivered at your doorstep.Shikena!They charge a pittance of between 4-5%.
importman,08032363922.
benupaka@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Help! Am A Student And I Want To Start Business. Pls I Need Your Advice. / Ideas People Wanted: Do You Have An Idea, A Project: ? / Any Ideas On What Biz Can I Do With Van + N200,000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.