Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,164 members, 7,890,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:12 AM

Anambra State Has Had Enough. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Has Had Enough. (3485 Views)

Does Anambra State Has The Highest Town In South East; Check This List / Cross River State Has Not Banned Devotion In Schools –SSG / LAGOS Or OGUN Which Of The State Has More Industries..? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 17, 2015
This War Doesn’t Make Sense

Anyone in Anambra who claims ignorance of the cold war between Governor Willie Obiano and his predecessor, Sir Peter Obi, cannot be taken seriously. Indeed what initially was construed as a mere rumour has now blossomed into one of the hardest lessons in how a political father and son should not relate.
Prior to the last gubernatorial poll in Anambra State, the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, had the duo of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, and the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidates to contend with. While PDP had Tony Nwoye, a son-of-the-soil politician, the APC had the never say die and streetwise Chris Ngige who had been through that rough road before.
These two were candidates who knew the politics of the state like the back of their hand. On the contrary, APGA’s candidate, Willie Obiano, was an unknown quantity at that time even though he boasted of the better credentials.
The fears then were that APGA had an uphill task in convincing the electorate to vote for their candidate. It was so because Obiano, APGA’s candidate, was a dark horse. What did APGA do? APGA wisely decided to use their party platform perceived as an Igbo party to campaign for Obiano. What was more, they also decided to leverage on outgoing governor, Peter Obi’s mammoth achievements to drum up support for Obiano on the basis that Obiano would continue from where Obi stopped.
Obiano also keyed into that in his campaigns and came up with his four Cs of ‘’Continuation, Completion, Commissioning and Commencement’’ of his own agenda. It worked like magic for APGA as Obiano won convincingly.
After his victory everybody looked forward to a fruitful relationship between Obiano and Obi based on mutual respect and trust. But alas, that was never to be.
The first sign that things would not be rosy between them occurred at the celebration of Obiano’s first 100 days in office. Almost everyone that mattered in the state was there except Peter Obi whose camp claimed had no invitation extended to them.
As expected the rumour mills went to work with news of a falling out between the two. Many people found it difficult to believe the stories simply because they felt nothing could make two men who ordinarily should still be celebrating their victory to fall out that early.
Events in the coming months would however prove the stories right. Not even the way both men hugged and greeted each other whenever they met in public could hide the simmering under current of distrust they held for one another. Such public shows included the attendance of Obiano and the entirety of his cabinet at the papal knight investiture on Obi at St Patrick’s Catholic Cathedral, Awka.
Ever since then, Obiano’s activities have been more pronounced by Obi’s absence than by anything. To worsen matters, their henchmen took the fight to the pages of newspapers, including the social media.
The worst was the recent one posted by a perceived Obiano loyalist, Ikenna Ezenekwe, on the internet which alleged that the auxiliary bishop of Awka Diocese, Most Rev Jonas Benson Okoye, was the conduit pipe through which Obi siphoned money during the last days of his regime.
It was such a shocking allegation that a member of Obiano’s party quickly dissociated the Obiano camp from the publisher of that trash. But Obi’s camp insisted that the Obiano camp had hired Ezenekwe to put up the story.
But that hasn’t stopped people from worrying about the unfolding trend in the two men’s face-off. The Catholic bishop of Awka Diocese, Most Rev Paulinus Ezeokafor, is one of them. Always the father figure, he expressed disgust at the way supporters of the two gladiators had been waging war against each other and called for a cease fire.
I am certain that many more well-meaning people are equally concerned. They should be. Roping in a bishop into the fray ought to shock everyone, especially when that bishop is a man as forthright as our own Bishop Jonas Benson Okoye.
Going this far is really unbelievable. It is even a good thing that the writer is this time known as against many other internet postings by hatchet writers using various pseudonyms. But Ezenekwe, thankfully, has a known back ground that stinks.
It will be recalled that this same Ikenna Ezenekwe was the man arrested by Senator Uche Ekwunife after he tried to extort money from her to supposedly suppress a story. The same man has also been known to approach many politicians begging them to engage him for internet services.
Those who know him will tell you that he never works for anyone who doesn’t engage him. So did the state government engage him? While I can very well say that our governor has no hand in Ezenekwe’s engagement, I can’t say the same for his aides, some of who delight in further extending the chasm dividing the governor and his predecessor as though they have something to gain from the rift.
When such a grave allegation is made against a bishop, the wounded party is bound to feel bad. And when that happens they hit back with all the arsenal in their possession. Thus one can expect the Obi camp to come out blazing and by so doing, extending the frontiers of the war.
This is why Bishop Ezeokafor’s admonition is necessary here. There should be restraint by both sides who are fighting a war that shouldn’t have been started in the first place.
The other day I read how the new governor of Akwa Ibom State went to Abuja to commiserate with his predecessor over his accident. It shows they relate well. Just as many other state governors are operating on the same page with their predecessors from the same party.
Whatever may have caused the unfolding cold war in Anambra should not have been allowed to happen. The experience of the build up to the last election that threw up Obiano ought to have been a binding force that will nullify any obstacle to peace between the two men.
However I suspect the trouble is exacerbated by some people ripping off from the feud. But both masters should have known this and stopped their foot soldiers from causing more harm. This feud is becoming embarrassing to us all and should be stopped.
But whoever Ezenekwe is working for should throw Ezenekwe out of his employ for his blasphemy, even if he wasn’t directly employed. That way, others will know that it doesn’t pay to cross the bounds. The Obi camp should equally rein in the trouble makers in their fold before they also exceed their bounds.
The state has had enough. The two men involved still have a lot to offer the state and no aide or employee should stand between them.
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by mekaboy(m): 10:51am On Sep 17, 2015
How does his personal issue with obi affect the governors performance in the state?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
If you have been following Anambra State Governance and Politics you would know how it has affected his governance.

1)He focuses more in fighting Obi while leaving his work undone.

2) His media aides are no more helping matters at all. As they have been turned into agents of fighting weapon.

3) Contractors are now leaving Anambra State.

4) Abandoned and uncompleted projects everywhere.

5)Erecting of Bill Boards everywhere making it 2nd Government of BillBoard after Rochas.

6) Where is the current position of Anambra State in both WAEC and NECO 2015?

7) Waste refuge are taking over Anambra State.

For doubt, follow APGA Alaigbo on Facebook page.
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by tunwumi: 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
I'm here to read comment and opinion
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
alfred5:
If you have been following Anambra State Governance and Politics you would know how it has affected his governance.

2) His media aides are no more helping matters at all. As they have been turned into agents of fighting weapon.

5)Erecting of Bill Boards everywhere making it 2nd Government of BillBoard after Rochas.

The man lost focus trying to fight Obi's shadow.

Obi is in Switzerland for Executive program while Obiano and co spend our resources fighting his shadow.

Anambra State now is not what she used to be

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
Like my junior brother say, Willie is working is only in BillBoard. He should come down from Bill board and face governance.
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by FreeGlobe(f): 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
alfred5:
Like my junior brother say, Willie is working is only in BillBoard. He should come down from Bill board and face governance.
please shut up. Obi started the media war through his social media team headed by one valentine obienyem. Now that obiano and his team are fighting back, you fools are now crying wolf... lol

Fyi, we anambrarians are very happy with obiano. Obiano has out performed peter obi in just one year so I don't know why you are crying wolf. It's better you advise peter obi to actively retire from politics with his team and allow obiano to focus on his job.. Peter forgot that those who live in glass house do not throw stones.. keep crying

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by mekaboy(m): 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
alfred5:

If his having problems with peter obi is the reason he is paying workers salary on time while other states cant, mechanising agric in anambra, increasing salara of workers etc. May obiano quarrel with obi for another 8 years.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2015
FreeGlobe:

please shut up. Obi started the media war through his social media team headed by one valentine obienyem. Now that obiano and his team are fighting back, you fools are now crying wolf... lol

Fyi, we anambrarians are very happy with obiano. Obiano has out performed peter obi in just one year so I don't know why you are crying wolf. It's better you advise peter obi to actively retire from politics with his team and allow obiano to focus on his job.. Peter forgot that those who live in glass house do not throw stones.. keep crying

Anambrarians? Who are the Anambrarians? You? Laughs*

Last time I checked, this is the first time Contractors are leaving Anambra State.

Secondly, Jonathan's men were busy fighting Buhari without showing the work GEJ was doing. This is the case of Willie, let him show us one job he has completed.

Thirdly, please tell us 3 arears Willie has out performed in W year plus....

Or haven't you gone to Awka road to Zik avenue where street light project stared since last year November, till today its not yet completed?

I'm waiting for your evidences on Willie Is Working! Just 3...work done and completed. Be it on Education, Road, Environmental, Tourism...anywhere please.
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2015
mekaboy:

If his having problems with peter obi is the reason he is paying workers salary on time while other states cant, mechanising agric in anambra, increasing salara of workers etc. May obiano quarrel with obi for another 8 years.

Lmao, who saved the money he is using in paying the workers? Whose prudence? If Peter Obi had eaten up monies will he see the money to pay? And for your information, ANSU staff wants to go on strike!

Now, let him come and pay contractors.

Mechanised farming where? State the location please. Forget propagandamechanised farming. We are still waiting for that as he promised us since January!
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by AustineE1: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2015
This is not good news at all,while some of us would want the two respectable men to reconcile,so that the state may continue to develop further with its very ambitious and wonderful programs. A few commentators above me,would want to fan the embers of disunity between the two camps.....All we want is peace and constant development.
@AnambraAdigomma.com

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by mekaboy(m): 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
AustineE1:
This is not good news at all,while some of us would want the two respectable men to reconcile,so that the state may continue to develop further with its very ambitious and wonderful programs. A few commentators above me,will want to fan the embers of disunity between the two camps.....All we want is peace and constant development.
@AnambraAdigomma.com

I dont understand what u mean by reconcile for the state to develop?

How will peter obi who has no political significance affect state development? Is he a foriegn investor, minister or adviser to president?

He is just a regular businessman man like any other. I dont see why you people choose to glorify him like that.

All those shouting contractors are leaving Anambra, FYI contractors are leaving the whole Nigeria. Even the federal government will depend on bonds to function. Peter obi waited to the last minute before awarding irrelevant contracts.

Every wise govt now, is Engaging in ppp for projects. They will only award contracts for projects that are pressing. Not just awarding contracts to keep contractors in the state.

Those contractors should invest in agriculture in the state.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Yujin(m): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2015
Tufiaaaaa! Ifele ndibeanyi na emem. Okwu na uka oge obuna. Anambra Ndigbo ji eme onu, o etua ka anyi si je?

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
mekaboy:

I dont understand what u mean by reconcile for the state to develop?

How will peter obi who has no political significance affect state development? Is he a foriegn investor, minister or adviser to president?

He is just a regular businessman man like any other. I dont see why you people choose to glorify him like that.

All those shouting contractors are leaving Anambra, FYI contractors are leaving the whole Nigeria. Even the federal government will depend on bonds to function. Peter obi waited to the last minute before awarding irrelevant contracts.

Every wise govt now, is Engaging in ppp for projects. They will only award contracts for projects that are pressing. Not just awarding contracts to keep contractors in the state.

Those contractors should invest in agriculture in the state.

Willie is working on billboard. He should come down from billboard. What has happened to Anambra broadcasting service? ABSradioTv is now the worst public sector in Anambra State. In Anambra, dustbin is taking over. Willie is busy drinking Champagne. I'm still waiting for any eveidence of Willie is working.
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Armaggedon: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
alfred5:

Willie is working on billboard. He should come down from billboard. What has happened to Anambra broadcasting service? ABSradioTv is now the worst public sector in Anambra State. In Anambra, dustbin is taking over. Willie is busy drinking Champagne. I'm still waiting for any eveidence of Willie is working.
you better quit clowning b'cos it will be very difficult to discredit obianos govt... Very very difficult.

The more you try the more you make yourself an idiot.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
Armaggedon:
you better quit clowning b'cos it will be very difficult to discredit obianos govt... Very very difficult.

I'm waiting for your prove of Willie is working. Or is it over 1.5 billion dollars spent on foreign investement in 9 months yet no job was created in Anambra?
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by MrkenOkonkwo(m): 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
lipsrsealed
CC: genbloodykiller aka opiaku aka shakazullu.
ur attention is needed here.
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
alfred5:

Anambrarians? Who are the Anambrarians? You? Laughs*

Last time I checked, this is the first time Contractors are leaving Anambra State.

Secondly, Jonathan's men were busy fighting Buhari without showing the work GEJ was doing. This is the case of Willie, let him show us one job he has completed.

Thirdly, please tell us 3 arears Willie has out performed in W year plus....

Or haven't you gone to Awka road to Zik avenue where street light project stared since last year November, till today its not yet completed?

I'm waiting for your evidences on Willie Is Working! Just 3...work done and completed. Be it on Education, Road, Environmental, Tourism...anywhere please.
ok, I'm here now, I'm willing to engage you. I hope you will not run. The truth is Peter obi is a fraud and obiano has taken the best decision by doing away with him. Now you can talk about contractors leaving Anambra, how many contractors did we have in the state during peter obi's tenure, building such signature projects like the Awka flyovers?

3 areas obiano has performed in one year.

1. Security: During peter obi's tenure, Anambra was the kidnapping capital in Nigeria. All our rich men ran to Lagos and Abuja for exile, today, Anambra is one of the safest states in Nigeria.

2. In under 1 year, obiano doubled the IGR from Peter obi's dismal 500 million/month to over 1.1 billion naira per month,

3. Increased teachers salaries and keeping up with their payment

4. attracting investors to the state.. Cosharis farms is already producing rice in the state

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
alfred5:

Lmao, who saved the money he is using in paying the workers? Whose prudence? If Peter Obi had eaten up monies will he see the money to pay? And for your information, ANSU staff wants to go on strike!

Now, let him come and pay contractors.

Mechanised farming where? State the location please. Forget propagandamechanised farming. We are still waiting for that as he promised us since January!
This is a fallacy, first of all, obiano has never acknowledged receiving any money from peter obi. Secondly, obiano is not paying salaries because of Peter obi's prudence. Obiano is not paying the same salaries peter obi paid. he increased salaries for teachers and is paying salaries up to date. So this your obiano paying salaries because of peter obi's prudence is nonsense. Amaechi ate up all the money in rivers state and yet wike has cleared all the salaries amaechi owed and is still paying up to date.

fyi, coscharis farms is already producing rice, large scale in Anambra..

On the alarm about Ansu staff workers wanting to go on strike, why not wait till they go on strike before publicizing it? Strike is not a new thing afterall doctors and the same ANSU went on strike for over 1 year during peter obi's tenure and you didn't say a word. Like someone rightly advised you...

Armaggedon:

The earlier you follow this advise, the better for you!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by patrick89(m): 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
alfred5:

Pls take this to that Anambra thread let's converge their and trash this problem ASAP
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

This is a fallacy, first of all, obiano has never acknowledged receiving any money from peter obi. Secondly, obiano is not paying salaries because of Peter obi's prudence. Obiano is not paying the same salaries peter obi paid. he increased salaries for teachers and is paying salaries up to date. So this your obiano paying salaries because of peter obi's prudence is nonsense. Amaechi ate up all the money in rivers state and yet wike has cleared all the salaries amaechi owed and is still paying up to date.

fyi, coscharis farms is already producing rice, large scale in Anambra..

On the alarm about Ansu staff workers wanting to go on strike, why not wait till they go on strike before publicizing it? Strike is not a new thing afterall doctors and the same ANSU went on strike for over 1 year during peter obi's tenure and you didn't say a word. Like someone rightly advised you...

The earlier you follow this advise, the better for you!

LMAO, I'm still waiting to see any prove of Willie is working. All the bla bla you ported up are thrasssssssssssh!

Amechi ate up all the money, Wike came in to borrow to pay.

Did Obiano borrowed to pay? The answer is capital no. Why? Because Obi left something bigger which he misued. As I'm talking, go and check the multiple tax been operating now in Anambra cos our money has finished. His time is up!

Coaschris you say, he has been in existence my dear.... Say something better!
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 18, 2015
patrick89:

Pls take this to that Anambra thread let's converge their and trash this problem ASAP

I don't know hw to do it. Moderator can help do it. I'm from Anambra tho!
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:51am On Sep 18, 2015
alfred5:

LMAO, I'm still waiting to see any prove of Willie is working. All the bla bla you ported up are thrasssssssssssh!

Amechi ate up all the money, Wike came in to borrow to pay.

Did Obiano borrowed to pay? The answer is capital no. Why? Because Obi left something bigger which he misued. As I'm talking, go and check the multiple tax been operating now in Anambra cos our money has finished. His time is up!

Coaschris you say, he has been in existence my dear.... Say something better!

Lol, keep fooling yourself. yes, willie is working, far better than peter obi, the crook. we like him like that.. better look for something else to do with your time because this one has failed. Willie obiano is the best thing that has happened to Anambra. You either show me one "thrash" that I posted above which is not true or shut up forever. if peter obi performed and had visions and ambitions like obiano, Anambra would be pursuing Lagos status by now.. Please take your nonsense back to the "apga alaigbo facebook page" or wherever the hell you came from.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Lol, keep fooling yourself. yes, willie is working, far better than peter obi, the crook. we like him like that.. better look for something else to do with your time because this one has failed. Willie obiano is the best thing that has happened to Anambra. You either show me one "thrash" that I posted above which is not true or shut up forever. if peter obi performed and had visions and ambitions like obiano, Anambra would be pursuing Lagos status by now.. Please take your nonsense back to the "apga alaigbo facebook page" or wherever the hell you came from.

Lmao!!! Where Obi placed Anambra, Willie has stopped.

Where are we in Education now? Please what happened to ANIDS and what happened to Anambra bonds?

Do you know how much, BillBoard cost? Then calculate that to over 3000 BillBoards in Anambra. He should come down from BillBoard.

We argue constructive not in rogue manner!
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

ok, I'm here now, I'm willing to engage you. I hope you will not run. The truth is Peter obi is a fraud and obiano has taken the best decision by doing away with him. Now you can talk about contractors leaving Anambra, how many contractors did we have in the state during peter obi's tenure, building such signature projects like the Awka flyovers?

3 areas obiano has performed in one year.

1. Security: During peter obi's tenure, Anambra was the kidnapping capital in Nigeria. All our rich men ran to Lagos and Abuja for exile, today, Anambra is one of the safest states in Nigeria.

2. In under 1 year, obiano doubled the IGR from Peter obi's dismal 500 million/month to over 1.1 billion naira per month,

3. Increased teachers salaries and keeping up with their payment

4. attracting investors to the state.. Cosharis farms is already producing rice in the state

Wooow! Let us start from your gigatic flyover in Awka...

1) Willie is building 3 gigatic flyover in Awka. Well done,
a) Is Enugu-Onitsha Express way (Awka) a congested area?
B) Why building 3 flyovers in express at a time when you can build one and finish up the federal road then go to Abuja and demand for refund?
C) When last did Contractors worked at the inferior structured 3 express?
D)Have you seen New parts fly over constructed by Obi?
E)Have you seen fly overs been built in lagos?

2)Security: He chased Kidnappers out from Onitsha and sent them where? @Ukpor, @Umuleri... Haven't you heard of recent kidnapping of children in Anambra state?

3)What? From 500m to I.I Billion what? What generated the revenue? The multiple tax he introduced to suffer businesses and local industries? And where are re-investment for such?

4)He increased teachers salaries? Clap for yourself. Why not use the money he increase to employ more and lavishing unemployed youths or privide another means to invest the money like providing youths with SME's ? If Obi has wasted the money like most former Governors did in their various state, would he have done such?

5)Attracting investors in the state? You keep mentioning Coaschris forgetting that same Coaschris has been there from Peter Obi's 2nd tennure couple with Arthur Eze farm? Forgetten that Ibeto has been there?

6)Is not about snapping pictures with foreigners just like Rochas snap with 0bama did.

The question is::: How many people have Your Obiano employed since he assumed office?

2) What is the recent position of Anambr State in terms of WAEC and NeCo?
3)Has Waste and refuge taken over Anambra State or not?

4) What is he doing to improve our Tourism sector which Peter Obi inaugrated the committe to see for Agulu lake, Ogbunike cave etc?

Please, today, go to Awka and snap contractors currently working!

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 18, 2015
Willie is working:

Waste and refuge taking over Anambra.

Road inside umunya!

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:45am On Sep 18, 2015
alfred5:

Lmao!!! Where Obi placed Anambra, Willie has stopped.

Where are we in Education now? Please what happened to ANIDS and what happened to Anambra bonds?

Do you know how much, BillBoard cost? Then calculate that to over 3000 BillBoards in Anambra. He should come down from BillBoard.

We argue constructive not in rogue manner!
He who leaves in Glass house do not throw stones. when I start unraveling the real peter obi on this your thread I bet you will run. What is ANIDs? Do you understand a new government is in power? Anids or whatever ended with peter obi's tenure. Anambra has progressed from the stagnant stage peter obi left it for 8 years. Education? what did peter obi do in education? Do you know how long the state university was on strike? What did peter obi do in education?

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 18, 2015
General Hospital @Ukpor.... Under Obiano's care.

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:50am On Sep 18, 2015
alfred5:
Willie is working:

Waste and refuge taking over Anambra.

Road inside umunya!
Anambra is getting better from where this clown left us..

Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

He who leaves in Glass house do not throw stones. when I start unraveling the real peter obi on this your thread I bet you will run. What is ANIDs? Do you understand a new government is in power? Anids or whatever ended with peter obi's tenure. Anambra has progressed from the stagnant stage peter obi left it for 8 years. Education? what did peter obi do in education? Do you know how long the state university was on strike? What did peter obi do in education?

Why not disband ANIDS instead of shaming Anambra with ANIDS?

Let's take it to one integrated side of it... Have you seen how dirty Anids drivers are?

Where are 500 borehole created by Anids as Willie lied to ndi Anambra?
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:55am On Sep 18, 2015
alfred5 you will learn today..

[size=16pt]EXPOSED: How Ex.Gov. Peter Obi Hid N2.3bln In Toilet, Launder $16.5bln Using Awka Bishop [/size]

“If I had six hours to kill a goat, I would use five and a half hours to sharpen my knife” stated the then Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi in response to question from Journalist at the Government House in mid-2008 following concerns that the Obi administration was dragging its feet slowly towards development of the State. The questions arose as reporters in Awka tagged Governor Peter Obi as the first “Baba Go Slow” before the name was borrowed to the late President Yar’Adua.

While the then governor of Anambra State sharpened his proverbial knife – over a period of 2.5 years, Anambra experienced little or no expenditure away from the salaries of workers and mandatory compensations – this was as the federal allocations due to the state was remitted monthly. The monies being accumulated by the governor during the said period were kept and never utilized for the budgeted purposes stipulated in the appropriations bill. And limited questions of the whereabouts of the said monies were not posed largely owing to the political weather of the period – following the failed impeachment and the repeated trials by the Andy Uba led Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] to unseat the only seating All Progressive Grand Alliance [APGA] governor.

However information recently made available to 247ureports.com through competent sources indicate Peter Obi was primarily preoccupied with devising crafty means of laundering monies from Anambra state treasury into his personal account.

Two days to the March 17th day of his official last day in office as the Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi commandeered for some of the brand new Sports Utility Vehicles [SUVs] and Pick Up trucks that were parked at the Government Lounge in Amawbia. The vehicles were then loaded with eleven and a half [11.5] bags onto the vehicles – with each bag containing N200million. They were secretly stored away inside the Governor’s private toilet at the Government Lounge.

Mr. Peter Obi then instructed the drivers to drive the vehicles over to the residence of the Auxiliary Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Awka. Mr. Peter Obi got the clearance of the Bishop, Jonas Benson to store the vehicles carrying the eleven and a half bags containing the N2.3billion. 247ureports.com is not certain if Bishop Jonas Benson knew of the content of the vehicles but Bishop Jonas Benson had served as the chaplain of the Government Lounge throughout the period Peter Obi served as the Governor of Anambra State. Our source indicates that both men enjoyed a close and brotherly relationship. During the campaign 2013 along with previous campaigns, the Bishop has been known to openly campaign for Governor – regardless of his priestly gown of non-partisanship. Jonas Benson hails from Adazi Nnukwu within the same local government area as Peter Obi.

The whereabouts of the vehicles after the March 17th date became unknown. The vehicles were relocated to an unknown destination by the outgoing governor along with the contents of N2.3billion. The whereabouts of the N2.3billion has remained unknown till date. Our source claims Peter Obi walked away with the money.

Another crafty manner with which the then Governor Peter Obi devised to systematically drain away the monies of Anambra State was through the usage of bank accounts with fictitious identity. He used his colleagues at the Diamond Bank and Fidelity Bank to set up many accounts – where he would make monthly payments into – of about N350million monthly. One of the accounts was the one set up supposedly for Anambra indigenes leaving in the diaspora particularly the Anambra State Association in the USA [ASA-USA]. He opened an account under the name of ASA-USA that was supposedly used by Anambra indigenes in the USA to send contributions to the home state. Using the opened account in early 2008, Peter Obi began making automatic monthly payments of N300million into the account – with occasional deposits as low as N150million. At the eve of his stepping down from office in March, the account recorded an available balance in excess of N14.2billion. The account was closed down immediately Peter Obi left office – and the account personal manager transferred to Zenith bank. The whereabouts of the N14.2billion remains unknown. Our source points to Peter Obi as the only one who knows for certain the whereabouts of the money.
http://www.newspunch.org/exposed-how-ex-gov-peter-obi-hid-n2-3bln-in-toilet-launder-16-5bln-using-awka-catholic-bishop/
Re: Anambra State Has Had Enough. by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Anambra is getting better from where this clown left us..

LMO! Why showing us pictures of 2012 Natural disaster? Or have you forgotten that it was broadcasted that there would be Over flow in Anambra State? He was inspecting the damaged area.... Nne, its natural disaster. Don't worry, when next month own happens as predicted, I will show you pictures to remind you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awolowo Secured State Pardon For A Convicted Armed Robber / Ariaria Market, Aba vs Igbudu Market Warri. ( picture's) / Dollar Is Now 790 Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.