Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,780 members, 7,915,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:59 PM

The Mystery Of Death - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Mystery Of Death (542 Views)

I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice / The Mystery Of The First Son / What Is The Mystery Behind RIP To The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of Death by argon500: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2015
Any study of the nature of death begs an important foundational question: Why must things die in the first place?
Indeed, death is a grand mystery. Throughout time, every major religion, philosophy, and spiritual train of thought has sought to explain this mystery. It is a subject that touches the life of every man and woman, uniting the entire human race under a cloud of inevitable mortality. The rich and the poor alike meet the same end; the black and the white both go to the grave; the powerful and the humble all leave this planet eventually.

Interestingly, scientific research into single-celled organisms reveals that the nature of life, on a cellular level, does not automatically include a self-destruct mechanism for death. In other words, it appears that death is an unnatural part of life. Yet despite this, everything on earth eventually dies.

Many lines of religious thought simply accept the inevitability of death and instead try to offer better alternatives that await the faithful in the afterlife. These ideas bring comfort to many people who have lost loved ones or are facing death themselves, but they leave others wondering, “Why must death exist? Wouldn’t an all-powerful God eradicate death? Shouldn’t all life inherently live forever?”

The mystery of death is so profound that, despite the millennia of religious doctrine, mythology, scientific research, and the many theories and explanations that exist on the subject, people today are more confused than ever about it. Even within individual religious groups there is often a stark difference of opinion on the nature of death. To see this, walk around a cemetery and note the different inscriptions on the tombstones.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/forum9ja/posts/954205164641284
Re: The Mystery Of Death by funlord(m): 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
grin

Op! Stop asking questions about things of which you already know the answer! YOU, I and everyone online right now MUST DIE! Now go and keep hustling because your time is awasting!

(1) (Reply)

Surprise The Mothers This Sunday / Discount Easter Sales At Micostar Mall / Travel Under The Visa Waiver Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.