Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,299 members, 7,887,888 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:49 PM

Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon (1068 Views)

EFCC Probe: Buhari Won’t Shield Governors – Presidency / House Of Reps To Probe Buhari’s Arms panel / I’m Ready For Probe - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by alcmene: 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
Amnesty International has called on Cameroon for urgent investigation into the death of 25 prisoners and disappearance of 130 people after raids by security forces.

Steve Cockburn, Amnesty Deputy Regional Director, appealed to Cameroonian authorities to launch an independent, impartial and rigorous investigation into the killings, disappearances and detentions.

“We can’t have a situation where the population is scared of the people who are protecting them.

“What that means concretely is a change of tactics to avoid the type of operation that leads to the mass arrests we have seen,” he said.

He said this has caused rising concern about possible abuses arising from a crackdown on the Boko Haram militants.

Cockburn said the Nigerian insurgent group had committed war crimes in neighbouring northern Cameroon by killing more than 380 civilians since the start of 2014.

“While providing protection to civilians in northern Cameroon, security forces had committed serious human rights violations.

“More than 1,000 suspects had been detained in raids by authorities on villages, in which homes were destroyed and civilians killed.”

He said investigation had revealed that overcrowding, lack of sanitation and inadequate health care in a prison in Maroua had led to the death of at least 40 prisoners between March and May.
Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by DONSMITH123(m): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
isokay

source please.
Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
it is well
Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by midolian(m): 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
OP stop deceiving yourself. I read this news few minutes ago, and the title is "Probe abuses in Boko Haram fight, Amnesty tells Cameroon"

http://www.punchng.com/news/probe-abuses-in-boko-haram-fight-amnesty-tells-cameroon/

5 Likes

Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
Bishrub!!!
Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by rusher14: 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
Cameroun = Nigeria = Buhari ??
angry
Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by themilanway(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
I get attacked when I say most GEJ fans are the most useless set of Nigerians any where.

How does the story correspond with the tittle?

Dundees

3 Likes

Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
midolian:
OP stop deceiving yourself. I read this news few minutes ago, and the title is "Probe abuses in Boko Haram fight, Amnesty tells Cameroon"

http://www.punchng.com/news/probe-abuses-in-boko-haram-fight-amnesty-tells-cameroon/

Oshay jare - e go better for you well well cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by merry02(m): 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
midolian:

busted!

4 Likes

Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by OreMI22: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
Buhari is probably doing some serious silent re-arming of boko claiming he is fighting them.
OnlyGod can save this zoo called Nigeria.
Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2015
grin grin
Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by sdindan: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
Halo?
Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by omenka(m): 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
midolian:

You even had the time to respond to idiots. Weldone oo.

Is it any surprise when they lie like this, they hardly include the source?? Just imagine the things hatred push these guys to do. I wonder how they cope with everyday living walking around with so much hatred in their belly.

What a cursed bunch.

2 Likes

Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by shizzy7(f): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
OP,, why are you twisting the Details of the news to your own thoughts..

Thats why you can't post a link to back it up..
Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by midolian(m): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
omenka:
You even had the time to respond to idiots. Weldone oo.

Is it any surprise when they lie like this, they hardly include the source?? Just imagine the things hatred push these guys to do. I wonder how they cope with everyday living walking around with so much hatred in their belly.

What a cursed bunch.
you can imagine! The content doesn't even in anyway correspond with the title. This hatred is just too much! And I hope it doesn't kill them soon grin

1 Like

Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by shizzy7(f): 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
midolian:

Don't be surprised some people are coming to wail without even knowing the details of the News

The OP even had To include BUHARI and there is Nothing like buhari in his post and Content of the link you provided..

1 Like

Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by Rawani: 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
midolian:
you can imagine! The content doesn't even in anyway correspond with the title. This hatred is just too much! And I hope it doesn't kill them soon grin

Buhari's successes against BH are like hot wax slowly dripping into their upper eyelid. The other one said El-rufai slapped Osibanjo this morning.

Desperation 2.0

1 Like

Re: Probe Buhari's Fight Against Bokoharam--amnesty Tells Cameroon by midolian(m): 4:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
shizzy7:
Don't be surprised some people are coming to wail without even knowing the details of the News

The OP even had To include BUHARI and there is Nothing like buhari in his post and Content of the link you provided..
@ the emboldened..My reason for posting the link for the original news.

Funny people!

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Recent Flood Situation In Benin City / Meet The Richest Man In UK! See Current List Of Richest Of The Super-Rich In UK! / Alison-madueke Breaks Silence, Decries “media Hysteria”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.