Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets (34739 Views)

The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by deebrain(m): 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2015
Im not really into these religious stuff but i must say this.

Some of you in nairaland are just simply stupid and unfortunate hypocrites!

Yes one may raise eyebrows about luxury from clerics, BUT CAN YOU ALLOW GOD TO BE THEIR JUDGE?

Besides you only see their suits, cars and planes, but you don't see the nights of demonic attacks. You don't see the fasting, the prayers and commitment to study and patience to wait for God to give direction for a Sunday sermon.

Some of you cats should pray that God should allow you go through some of their attacks-BETTER STILL, OPEN A FELLOWSHIP AND SEE WHAT IS INVOLVED. Its so easy to come online and vomit nonsense!

You people are just unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by femolie: 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
4 a general overseer who has 2 oversee overseas esp in remote countries wia dia no direct flight ..such ovetseer needs a jet 2 save time else he wld be delayd unnecessarily. ..com 2 tink of it , if folks who dont serve God cld lavish money on private jrt n yatcht 4 pleasure y cant a man of God use it 4 ease of expanding Gods kingdom

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by achorladey: 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
Do not love either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him; 16 because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life —does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world. 17 Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but the one who does the will of God remains forever. Even when one has abundance his life will never originate with things possessed.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by azezola(m): 10:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
This is reasons why 95% of Nigerian Christian steals corrupt, carry drugs, otokoto you name it, because their leaders are bad examples, look at the people from South East mehn they will come anything for money and they are predominantly Christians.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
If we believe Jesus is the new gospel. Then we should understand this whole thing. I wonder how many pastors were there when the Bible was complied. The Catholics who did it are still saying what Christ said in relation to wealth and salvation. Except if the flock of these pastors has infiltrated them. Many Christians are muslims in disguise who only believe in the hold testament and ignore the new because its difficult to follow the rules. If its Pastors Adeboye, orit, oyedepo or TB. That the rich man who met Christ asked him what he should do. U know the answer to that and what they will tell him.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ceecee0703(m): 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
madridguy:
@ OP, if you like list 100 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets all I have to tell you is that " GO AND MAKE YOUR MONEY " and leave this men alone. If I have the money I will buy one for my Chief Imam too. We all need comfort. Both Prophet Isa/Jesus Christ ( PBUH ) and Prophet Mohammad ( PBUH ) laboured for us to enjoy. Jumat Mubaraq.

thank u
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
jaymejate:

hmm
1... Adam, God put him in the garden of Eden to enjoy the riches in it.
2... Abraham, the man of faith, he enjoyed the riches of this earth.
3... Joseph, after suffering like most of these pastors suffered, he became the governor(second in command) in Egypt. He have access to everything including private jets, if there is any at that time.
4... Solomon, that man came to this world to enjoy the riches of this world. He had what is even worth much more than a private jet.
5... E.T.C

God said, i know my thought towards you, it's the thought of good and not of evil, to give you an expected end. God cannot create you to come and suffer here on earth.
If you are calling God ur father and u serve him truely and poverty is dwelling with you, you need serious prayer.

Now the answer to your question, the primary thing (assignment) we have on this earth is to serve God and make heaven. Then you can't serve God and be stranded in life.

Leave this pastors alone, their refreshing time that God has promised has come be dat. Go and pray own way through to breakthrough

#think deep bro, dont be a partial atheist wink

These men had encounters with God but we are called to be like Christ Jesus and not Adam. Solomon, Joseph, etc.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ceecee0703(m): 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

First, there is a difference between rich and wasteful. Private jets are a matter of waste.

Secondly, open your bible-

Matthew 6:24 New International Version (NIV)

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

They way you and your pastors chase money and luxury! Only Jesus can help you.

Bro let me educate u alittle the increase in private jets is in no means degrading for our economy.... a pastor has no concern with what happens with the churchs plane.....pple hav been EMPLYOED to service and schedule the times of service of these planes and meanwhile we hav alot of aeronautic engineers in nigeria.
A pastor or preacher who has a private jet wont be concerned with the frequent cancelation of flights which will lead to their cancelation of preaching engagements which will lead to hampering of integrity....

look at the jet issue and u will find out that many Nigerians has been employed in both big and small ways. from your write up a preacher should never have anything easy he should cue up at airpots,wear old suits, wear sole bent shoes or what. have u forgotten some of them walked the length n breath of the country preaching the gospel, some rode on bikes n bicycle, lorries n buses and flew public airlines now when God increased them to where they are now u start shouting bros na u go tire oo cos God cant stop blessing them jus go and get ur own money oo. if u want to go to any part of the world on foot dats ur headache
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ceecee0703(m): 11:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
johnydon22:

If the man of God is richer than the people he allegedly is serving, people should ask themselves.

"Is he here to help us or are we the one here to help him"

I have always noticed that pastors are constantly preaching to their followers about neglecting the wealth of this world and stacking up their riches in heaven.

But these pastors always has tons of money here on earth, isn't this enough to make someone wonder

"Does he really believe what he preach?"

Jesus came and died for a reason read Rev 5:12
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jamiuazeez(m): 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
God is washing.A country with a lots of poor people having no place to sleep or having three square meal.one Pastor is buying private jet with money that can restore the Nation from dilapidated state.let see, may be they will bury them with their Jet.Am not surprising most of them are Devil Advocator.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ceecee0703(m): 11:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Did God put you on earth for riches? undecided

yes he did...Rev5:12,3jn2, he that leaves his father and mother and children and follows me(jesus speaking) he shall reap a hundred fold in this world(earth) and in the world to come(heaven)....paraphrased mak 10:29,luk 18:29-30
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Blade21: 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

It is funny how you never mentioned Jesus or the new testament. Do you only read half of the bible.

Jesus, our Lord and Saviour, lived a very humble life. He rode on a donkey and not a chariot with white horses. Jesus spent time with the poor and the sick.

John the baptist lived in the wilderness and ate natural food
jesUs had to be poor that we may be rich not just rich but abundantly rich nd no matter how de church help itsmembers pOor pple will always be dere so lts give God de glory 4 everything nd wait for de last day
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Revolva(m): 11:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
grin grin cos they all know they r businesss men
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Blade21: 12:01am On Sep 21, 2015
KingEli:
if ur father own 5 cars n yet, u n ur siblings struggle to eat everyday is he a good father?....why buy 3 or 4 jets when 99percent of d people who attain ur church and give d little money they have as offering are poor n hungry? Evangelism is not about shouting 'Jesus' and speaking in tongues. It is about making people's lives better by sharing the little you have. You claim to be a man of God n u establish a school that 99percent of ur members cannot afford....nawa o
this is nott true all de pst in nija that own a private jet most of dere members are very rich winners for Eg have a very large no of wealthy peps even de present speaker is a member so plss dis ur 99percent na lie big lie if uenter convenant university most of dem dere parnts are winners members nd who said pst with private jets don't give to de poor pls say what u knw I
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ceecee0703(m): 12:03am On Sep 21, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

These men had encounters with God but we are called to be like Christ Jesus and not Adam. Solomon, Joseph, etc.

Did u skip this aspect of the scriptures...Jesus was made poor that we thru his poverty might become RICH. we are to be like christ in CHARACTER. at antioch where the name christians was first used it was becos they acted like christ, talked like christ healed the sick like christ etc. The life of a christian is a life of spiritual warfare and gains.

seek ye first the kingdom of God and all its righteousness and ALL other things ( which men are dying to get including wealth and private jet.) shall be added unto you. matt 6:33
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jt2damoney(m): 12:05am On Sep 21, 2015
vanity

Get 20$ immediately and more.by clicking on the link on my signature.its free
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Neckfort(m): 12:13am On Sep 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

First, there is a difference between rich and wasteful. Private jets are a matter of waste.

Secondly, open your bible-

Matthew 6:24 New International Version (NIV)

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

They way you and your pastors chase money and luxury! Only Jesus can help you.
..they don't chase money,money chase them bro...the Bible says "seek first the kingdom of God and all all all other things shall be added unto u"so what is a jet to God...u are talking like this because u and ur generation are very very poor.my prayer for u is that may God bless u with riches,so that u dont type nonsense because u are struck in poverty..ijn.AMEN
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Lezzlie(m): 12:22am On Sep 21, 2015
madridguy:
@ OP, if you like list 100 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets all I have to tell you is that " GO AND MAKE YOUR MONEY " and leave this men alone. If I have the money I will buy one for my Chief Imam too. We all need comfort. Both Prophet Isa/Jesus Christ ( PBUH ) and Prophet Mohammad ( PBUH ) laboured for us to enjoy. Jumat Mubaraq.
Stop deceiving yourself. The bible says workout your salvation with fear and trembling. ....also, in another book, carry your cross and follow me.

The Prime minister of the UK. .. a country that is richer than all of subsahara Africa doesn't have an official jet.

Majority of Nigerian pastors live off the sweat and ignorance of their members while running the churches as a family business.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by ngozianu(m): 12:24am On Sep 21, 2015
deebrain:
Im not really into these religious stuff but i must say this.

Some of you in nairaland are just simply stupid and unfortunate hypocrites!

Yes one may raise eyebrows about luxury from clerics, BUT CAN YOU ALLOW GOD TO BE THEIR JUDGE?

Besides you only see their suits, cars and planes, but you don't see the nights of demonic attacks. You don't see the fasting, the prayers and commitment to study and patience to wait for God to give direction for a Sunday sermon.

Some of you cats should pray that God should allow you go through some of their attacks-BETTER STILL, OPEN A FELLOWSHIP AND SEE WHAT IS INVOLVED. Its so easy to come online and vomit nonsense!

You people are just unfortunate.
Thanks for this statement
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Vaxt(m): 12:25am On Sep 21, 2015
topic owner leave them, some people here they worship their pastor 4get God, end time signs
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Chidegu: 12:26am On Sep 21, 2015
naive response. since when did private jet became a thing symbolic of the love of the world. bruised by the poverty mindset some of us think private jet is something too big for God to bless his servants with. what is private jet for goodness sake? didnt jesus ride on an ass into jerusalem, something very unsual among the peasant jews. why do we see private jet as something too big a blessing from God in whose name we invoke all other blessings? would to God all christians have a jet, how easily will it be for us to prove to this world our blessings begins from here on earth .
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by predatorX: 12:27am On Sep 21, 2015
madridguy:

people who's IQ and level of understanding as shallow as yours are what makes the NORTH KOREANs more advanced than AFRICA.

Baboonic reasoning
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Vaxt(m): 12:27am On Sep 21, 2015
Neckfort:
..they don't chase money,money chase them bro...the Bible says "seek first the kingdom of God and all all all other things shall be added unto u"so what is a jet to God...u are talking like this because u and ur generation are very very poor.my prayer for u is that may God bless u with riches,so that u dont type nonsense because u are struck in poverty..ijn.AMEN
worldly christian we here you

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by predatorX: 12:33am On Sep 21, 2015
jaymejate:

you need more understanding of the Bible. because they have private jet doesn't mean they are serving money cos if u see who is really serving money, he would do anything to get it. Having a jet is not wasting resources, go to churches, u will know that they do help the poor and the needy but u cant continue giving them fish, u must teach them to fish and thats moving close to God that supplies all our needs according to his riches in Glory.

God will give u what you need with ease only if you serve him.
Bro think deep

Please mention one assistance that the CHURCH has contributed to the efforts of government on the same far-reaching scale as they do when they want to market their healing services. What they do is one small scholarship scheme or the other, one borehole, one transformer etc. all not even up to 1million naira. But $65million jet haba.

Bro think deeper like a deeperlifer grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by predatorX: 12:39am On Sep 21, 2015
Chidegu:
naive response. since when did private jet became a thing symbolic of the love of the world. bruised by the poverty mindset some of us think private jet is something too big for God to bless his servants with. what is private jet for goodness sake? didnt jesus ride on an ass into jerusalem, something very unsual among the peasant jews. why do we see private jet as something too big a blessing from God in whose name we invoke all other blessings? would to God all christians have a jet, how easily will it be for us to prove to this world our blessings begins from here on earth .

Yes Jesus rode an Ass into jerusalem. WHat is an Ass. An Ass is the king-stupid of all ruminating animals, so clap for yourself undecided undecided undecided undecided.
The ordinary Roman Soldier rode on a Stallion. That is horsepower dundie. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by friends4ever(m): 12:41am On Sep 21, 2015
Thou shall not judge for ye not be judged. The bible says, touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by friends4ever(m): 12:47am On Sep 21, 2015
Most of you guys nagging about men of God owning an aircraft are atheist (anti Christ) Leave our men of God alone and mind your business cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Mamuskybill: 1:28am On Sep 21, 2015
TB Joshua should be out of this pls..that man has done a lot for the nation Nigeria both spiritually,physically, and through charity and scholarships..etc

This is what everyone knows
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by akinsmyk(m): 1:39am On Sep 21, 2015
jaymejate:
Guy continue to be giving reason... Na you people go first talk if pastor de wear 1 shirt and treking.
When these pastors de hustle for life, where you de?

And mind you, Jesus became poor so we can be rich.
I just pity you, your father God for heaven no poor, he is glorious so you his son should be poor on earth abi, then what will you be preaching, who will listen to you?

#God remember me o.

You got it all wrong. If Jesus was poor for us to be rich what has this pastors done to emulate him? By mere words of the mouth right? Remember what Jesus told the man who asked him what he could do to inherit the kingdom of God after he had been loving nd keeping the laws. He was asked to sell his property and give to the poor and follow him which turned out too much for him. Jesus would never buy a jet when his members(followers) are unemployed, hungry and poor. It is an highest order of hypocrisy and "see-me" evangelism when going round the world to preach while their are lives unsaved in your corridor. People like you would justify why xtian missionary universities are expensive; saying its expensive to run and maintian a university to meet standard. Are you not aware that same goes to government owned institutions? The government subsidize them. If the cost of buying jets nd maintaining them runs into millions of dollars a year, I see y that can't be used to subsidize fees so d children of the poor can also attend such schools. Jobs and industries could also be created and established whch would employ lots. This way, the tighters nd those that give offering will benefit than not even chanced to touch this planes their pastors buy nd maintain with their money. Many will say I talk this way coz I'm poor, but I'll tell you that I don't beg for anything, I get things I need and I am satisfied. This pastors actions @ times make me cry inside, so shameful. They're derailing from Christ teachings coz of material tinz and gains of the world. From the pulpit shall the judgement begins. Many pastors now prohpesy falsely to get favors of politicians while many harbors or twist words not to loose their huge nd fat givings even when they needs to be firm and uncompromising. No one says our pastors should walk naked, we're saying their extravagant and flamboyant lifestyle is bad to the detriment of those paying their bills. Trumpet hasn't sound maybe coz God does not even knows where to begin his judgement....Hmmm, I am not perfect or a saint too. We're all asking for grace. God help us all
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by joshrare(m): 1:42am On Sep 21, 2015
Jesus was not poor while on his mission on therefore I don't see anything wrong with pastors being rich and flying jets 3john2..

Truth be told given the opportunity a lot of all the critics will even buy more private jets
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by tee4naija(m): 1:49am On Sep 21, 2015
The truth is that Nigerians look the other way when it involves their pastors. I have a friend who will travel from agege to otta the headquarters of winners chaple every sunday with his family even though he never owned a car. Even as a corps member back then, he would pay his tithe from his monthly allowee. this guy has been out of job for months now and no church member has paid him a Visit not to talk of assisting him. He literally begs to survive now. That I think is what today's christianity is all about.
Nb:expecting verbal attacks and vituperations as usual.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Amack(m): 3:58am On Sep 21, 2015
This is why Indian's don't regard pastor's they prepare a Reverend Father. Even there Reverend Fathers doesn't live rich life like Nigeria Reverend Father's because they know that they are called to be an Example to many. Sometimes you will see them using bicycle not that they did not have car.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church / Daddy Freeze To Stephanie Otobo: "Tell Us The Politicians That Paid You" / Prophet Julius Ekweozor ~ Election Postponement Prophesied & Confirmed (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.