Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,390 members, 7,950,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' (3159 Views)

I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari / Diezani Confesses: I Stepped On Big Toes, But I Never Commited Any Crime / Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by FBS: 6:47am On Apr 14, 2009
sometimes you dont even know what to say. All talks and talks. . .its time for some action.
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by bbmohd: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2009
Is this an opinion forum or some kind of factory created for people to insult public office holders?
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by bsanya(f): 9:43am On Apr 14, 2009
May God help us. Blank cheque or what?
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by joshO: 10:12am On Apr 14, 2009
If the Nigerian government really wants to fix this problem, they would allow private companies to run the power grids and distributions without regulation and tax them on their income.

Privatization like this will not work in Nigeria, not with our crab mentality. Does anyone have any idea how much capital and support - infrastructure and leadership - will be required to make this work? Who will commit to such a capital expenditure in a country with very weak legal frameworks where contracts are hardly binding and subject to sudden "reviews" at will? Not to mention the extremely weak leadership and lack of continuity. The only thing Yar has been effective at, is stopping many of obj's policies, without coming up with effective alternatives. With everything else, he's been a disaster!

Even if an investor commits and manages to turn things around, someone will wake up tomorrow and say we've "sold" our "national heritage" for nothing! That's just the way we are, with our habit of shooting down things that work. As a people, we've institutionalized mediocracy. If I were serious investor with that much capital at my disposal, I'll find somewhere saner to invest my $5 billion (I think this is the minimum capital that'll be required). A nation where contracts are respected and leadership is progressive.  The risks / stakes are just oo high!
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by omon31: 10:16am On Apr 14, 2009
plz i need your advice. i studied elect/elect engineering and i am presently serving wit an oil and gas servicing firm. i have opportunity to go to price water house but i am confused. i learnt that its just an audit-consulting firm. does anyone know if they do engineering consulting for oil companies?? can i advance my engineering career in price water house. plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by cvibe: 10:20am On Apr 14, 2009
State of Emergency on Electricity. All bark and no bite!  sad

Blank cheque??  May be some bite this time?  
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by ikeyman00(m): 10:33am On Apr 14, 2009
@ post

the phrase yarafufu cant sleep is just rebr?andin hahahhhh right
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by mecylee(f): 11:36am On Apr 14, 2009
MR. PRESIDENT, I BEG GO AHEAD AND HAVE YOUR SLEEP AFTER ALL NIGERIANS ARE USE TO DARKNESS WE KNOW HOW TO COPE WITH IT NO PROBLEM WE UNDERSTAND IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. BUT THE TRUTH RAMAINS THAT ONE DAY ALL OF U IN THE SIT OF POWER WILL SURELY GIVE ACCOUTN OF YOUY STEWARDSHIP BEFORE COSUE MY BIBLE SAIS LET THE WICKED CONTINUE IN HIS EVEL AND LET THE RIGHTEAUS IN HIS RIGHTEAUSNESS FOR A DAY OF ACCONT IS COMING IF YOU REFUSE TO ACCOUNT FOR NIGERIANS YOU WILL ONE DAY ACCOUNT FOR SOME THAT IS HIGHER THAN EVERY BODY WHICH IS GOD ALMIGHTY
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by blacksta(m): 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2009
omon 31:

plz i need your advice. i studied elect/elect engineering and i am presently serving wit an oil and gas servicing firm. i have opportunity to go to price water house but i am confused. i learnt that its just an audit-consulting firm. does anyone know if they do engineering consulting for oil companies?? can i advance my engineering career in price water house. plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U no well. se.This place na career section? If i was you i would resign from the first job and tell the other job to go to hell. As this is best option for somebody with your level of intelligence.
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 14, 2009
grin grin grin Yara'dull
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by nuggard(m): 7:19pm On Apr 14, 2009
i suggest the national assembly take this issue very seriously. We don't want our prez to fall ill again oh. They should also make legislation enforcing the Obasanjo decree to connect fart conducting pipes to each home in Nigeria.

The methane gas produced will then be used to fire the power plants we are building. The carbon dioxide can be separated and used to compress the steam this in turn saves the government money that can be judiciously spent in buying condoms for the president and his staff.
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by snoop4real: 11:39am On Apr 15, 2009
Although d promises may not fulfill in this lifetime, i'm sure they surely will.
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by Honda29: 12:07am On Apr 17, 2009
Yara'dull not fit sleep abi. Why cant this murla drink valium? grin
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by scktaggif: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2009
Our corrupt leaders can't provide electricity problem after 10 years of democracy. What a shame[b][/b]
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by Makavelis(m): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2009
and he wants me to believe that? gotta be kidding
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by chidichris(m): 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2009
pls mr president sleep bcs u need to sleep.
if u try and u do not succeed then consult abacha on how best to find sleep.
yar adua may be heading towards the same direction with abacha so permanent sleep is highly recomended.
useni might be helpful on how best to solve the sleeping problems of our president.
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by PurestBoy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2009
Does he mean there's blackout in Asshole Rock too?
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by kstrika(m): 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2009
[center]well
nepa is also part of yar aduas 7 point agenda, so he should be looking into that,to well so that his wishes can be accomplished,so he should not be to bothered for that from kenny strikaAA
[/center]
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by 7eleven: 8:59am On Apr 20, 2009
heya, Sorry o, Mr. President. It's a pity. All will be well eh! Take heart. tongue

Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by hoeyeadoe: 8:28pm On Apr 20, 2009
I'm a last minute person and do not go to bed until my assignments are completed, in fact, I dont sleep on such nights.

Lo di fa fun Yardua ni gba to n se awo won lo de Aso rock= Extrapolatable to Yardua's issue when he decided to become the no 1 man in Aso rock.

That's your job man, until the job is done.

If he hasn't bin sleeping, he wont be able to sleep until the job is done, if he has been sleeping howeva, sleeplessness takes effect from tonight until the job is done. Ashe gun.

The same reason one wonders why a supposed server is willing to serve another 4 years in office when he should be happy at his freedom.

GOD, Ehmmmmnnnn.
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by EMMYXDON(f): 8:37pm On Apr 20, 2009
good evening nigerians am in your guy fom the gospel hood
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by Wrex(m): 10:40pm On Feb 13, 2010
who posted this topic?Do dead men talk?unless you are telling me yar'adua has woken up again.Abeg,give us correct gist
Re: Yar'adua Confesses: 'I Can't Sleep Over Power Situation' by Wrex(m): 10:43pm On Feb 13, 2010
who posted this topic?do dead men talk?unless you want to tell me yar'adua has woken up.abeg,give us better gist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Come Tops On Dollar Remittance To Africa / Cramjones Exposes More PDP Secret Documents - The Third Force / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.