Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,502 members, 7,911,177 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 06:54 AM

A Good Movie Story - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Good Movie Story (1745 Views)

About The Hateful Eight Movie Story / Movie Acting Tips: 11 Tips On How To Be A Good Movie Actor/actress / A Movie Story Script Writer Capable Of Writer 6movie Per Anum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Good Movie Story by hobat4cash(m): 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2006
i want to sell a story to this movie producers for onward production, does any know who to contact and how. I can assure everybody this is a damn good story. wink
Re: A Good Movie Story by cutieexx(f): 10:15pm On Jan 30, 2007
summarise d story 4 us first! cheesy wink
Re: A Good Movie Story by Seun(m): 11:08pm On Jan 30, 2007
Yes. Please do so! kiss
Re: A Good Movie Story by cutieexx(f): 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2007
Abi no bi so! grin
Re: A Good Movie Story by anijummai(f): 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2007
i have a story, it's about a group of girls in the university. Their different lives, the ups and downs they go through, and how they eventually complete their journey to graduation. It sort of focuses on their different love lives and how they balance it with school work. It gives a good picture of what's happening in this generation since it was inspired by real people. The story contains morals and a lot to learn. Any of you interested?
Re: A Good Movie Story by viperman: 9:19am On Feb 22, 2007
hotbacash,

send me an email at lexfrosty@yahoo.com.

i and a group of producers are thinking or stories we would use for our upcoming project. Yours might kickstart it.
Re: A Good Movie Story by Seun(m): 1:30pm On May 19, 2007
anijummai is a very good writer. That I know.
Re: A Good Movie Story by denex: 1:11am On Jun 01, 2007
Well, hobat4cash, you don't just sell a story like that. You have to write a script or screenplay. There are several elements that make up a good movie script.
A plot,
Structure,
Protagonist and Antagonist,
Character names
Dialogue
Action
Montage/Series of shots
Supers
there's even a format for writing REAL movie scripts. Hollywood scripts are compulsorily about 120 pages (on assumption that a standard film should be 2 hours = 120 minutes. ie one page should approximately make 1 minute of film) but I think Nollywood can manage a 60 pager; they have various time consuming tricks.
Anyhow must importantly there must be logic in the entire screenplay. There should not be a bad guy simply for the sake of being bad. Bad guys must have a goal to achieve which must be something reasonable. However, what makes him a bad guy is that he might be going about it the wrong way.

I'm actually writing a script right now. I'm hoping it'll be my first movie. Everything about it is so top secret right now. All I can tell you is that it's HORROR and it's going to cost at least N7.8million to shoot of which right now I have not a dime.

Yeah! Lest I forget, watch a popular movie over and over again and attempt writing its script (change all names and locations) then give it to a friend to read and see if they can guess what movie it is. That will show how close you've come to putting your own imagined movie into words that can be translated by a director.

NEX.
Re: A Good Movie Story by denex: 1:11am On Jun 01, 2007
Well, hobat4cash, you don't just sell a story like that. You have to write a script or screenplay. There are several elements that make up a good movie script.
A plot,
Structure,
Protagonist and Antagonist,
Character names
Dialogue
Action
Montage/Series of shots
Supers
there's even a format for writing REAL movie scripts. Hollywood scripts are compulsorily about 120 pages (on assumption that a standard film should be 2 hours = 120 minutes. ie one page should approximately make 1 minute of film) but I think Nollywood can manage a 60 pager; they have various time consuming tricks.
Anyhow must importantly there must be logic in the entire screenplay. There should not be a bad guy simply for the sake of being bad. Bad guys must have a goal to achieve which must be something reasonable. However, what makes him a bad guy is that he might be going about it the wrong way.

I'm actually writing a script right now. I'm hoping it'll be my first movie. Everything about it is so top secret right now. All I can tell you is that it's HORROR and it's going to cost at least N7.8million to shoot of which right now I have not a dime.

Yeah! Lest I forget, watch a popular movie over and over again and attempt writing its script (change all names and locations) then give it to a friend to read and see if they can guess what movie it is. That will show how close you've come to putting your own imagined movie into words that can be translated by a director.

NEX.
Re: A Good Movie Story by angelempy(f): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2007
i am also a writer. right now i have several completed scripts lying about to be sold.i havent tried anyone to sell it to and it is in teh write movie format.the problem is i know no producers and i am quite naive cos 2 guys have gon 2 utopia with some of my scripts.
perhaps someone here may need a script to buy.
lol, i live in phcity.
Re: A Good Movie Story by powerofmap(m): 11:25am On Oct 31, 2007
@angel_empy I would advise to be wise cos dem damn Producers can be thief at time and also try to reach ncc before you carry your script to any Producer.Also try make you carry sysnopsis goo not your final draft or else you ass is on fire cos you might go to Silver bird one and see say dem dey Premier Movie wey you Write.

I have all my script with me not ready to sell any cos I am working to raise cash to get a producer and a marketer maybe we can partner to do some job.

If you still wana sell it I can direct you to my friend KD sha cos he sold one of his good story to Armstrong for 35k can you imagine that.

A Writer in Da House.

Shalom!!!
Re: A Good Movie Story by powerofmap(m): 11:34am On Oct 31, 2007
@denex
Men make i come your lecture na, I think you try wella with this lil stuff you outlined here and I would try to watch a movie and do as you said.

You da bomb but can i ask you if you get any book you fit recommend to for Character Development?
Re: A Good Movie Story by janami(f): 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2007
i have great story lines for production too, but the problem is developing a good working script for them. As we all know, a good story can turn into something else if the script and delivery is bad
Re: A Good Movie Story by Seun(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2008
How can all of you be so sure that your scripts and stories are "good"?
I find your self-confidence disturbing! How do you define "good" anyway? smiley
Re: A Good Movie Story by Seun(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2008
Meaning what?
Re: A Good Movie Story by GODISSON: 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2008
WHAT IS ALL THIS "I NEED A PRODUCER STORY"

The question remains, how is your script formatted? Is it in prose form, an apalling or disturbing collage of dialogue or is is it in a good movie format.

If you have any good scripts, just send me a half page synopsis of the script of a good movie format. Let me consult my partners. If your script passes the test, then you will be contacted via email

Send to Ogmproduction_deluxe@yahoo.com
Re: A Good Movie Story by GODISSON: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2008
Here is a good movie format

SCENE ***
INT. MINISTRY OF DEFENCE, HALLWAY- NIGHT
XTERS: JAMES, SANDRA

SUPER: THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION - 8:00 PM

CAM OPENS WITH AN ESTABLISHMENT SHOT AND DISSOLVES TO THE INTERIOR JAMES AND SANDRA ARE WALKING BRISKLY ALONG THE HALLWAY, JAMES LOOKS EXPRESSIONLESS,

And so on

JAMES
(OFF SANDRA'S LOOK) What is the situation of things?
Re: A Good Movie Story by GODISSON: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2008
IF YOUR SCRIPT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THAT, DON'T BOTHER!

I NEED PROFESSIONALS
Re: A Good Movie Story by tsaboin: 9:48am On Aug 16, 2008
"MODUPE TEMI" is a STANDARD a good Nigerian Movie shld comply with. A very very interesting 2 Cast Flick by Saidi Balogun and Doris Simeon. You can Imagine only 2 people in a yoruba film. Talk of the Camera Movements, Soundtracks, Music, Background Color Bledding. I beg. Buy ur own DVD today. But before then, watch the trailer i put on you tube

1. For slow connection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXLG28-Fj6c
2. For HQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP-FCv9uozQ
3. Official Website: http://www.modupetemi.com/trailer.html
4. My Blog: http://www.photoesteem.com/dele/weblog/masterpieces-masterpiece-modupe-temi-movie-by-saidi-balogun
5. Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/Modupe-Temi/42405207512

twas released like 3wks ago. Written/Produced by Saidi Balogun and Directed by Daniel Ademinokan.

(1) (Reply)

Have U Watched The Movie 'the Senator'? / Survey: Thesis Project - Nigerian Movie Industry / Can We Throw Rita Dominic Into A Cave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.