Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,089 members, 7,906,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 08:28 PM

Azu's Ghost - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Azu's Ghost (558 Views)

The Birth Of The Ghost / A Ghost In School / The Ghost-worker Aristol, A Short Prose By- Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Azu's Ghost by AreteWrites: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
This is a fiction story set in Covenant University. Apart from that, all names used in this story are purely from the writer's imagination. All coincidence is regretted.

For more stories from the writer's nib, visit www.aretewrites..com

He sat quietly, scribbling on the floor with one hand and cleaning with another. Slowly, tears from his eyes fell to the dry soil, forming a wet patch. He stood up and ran to the wall, he kicked it so hard his feet began to bleed. Yes! That was what he wanted. The scarlet red and sticky liquid oozing from his body gave him a weird sensation, a bizarre satisfaction. His hands trembling, he touched the oozing liquid and inscribed crookedly on the wall

“IF ONLY”……
***********TWO WEEKS EARLIER***********
Aka sat quietly in the lecture theatre as the lecturer rang on in an endless loop of monotony, dulling his senses and causing him to dose. He tried so hard to avoid dozing off but his efforts were met with a fierce resistance from his rebellious eyes, which shut of their own accord. He had begun dozing off again when someone tapped him slightly. He shook his head a bit to clear the sleep. He was passed a note. He gently unfolded the piece of paper slowly, not really knowing what to expect. When the little crumpled piece of paper was open, he was confused. He read it quietly again and slid it into his front pocket, looking around furtively to catch a glance of the person that sent it to him. He saw to eyes fixed firmly only him, staring fiercely into his eyes.
“Michelle who was that boy I saw you with at CDS?”
Tolu asked, feigning ignorance.
“What were they doing?”
Chee asked, suddenly dropping the book she was reading and picking up interest in the conversation. It was a topic she liked discussing about, about boys, about their tricks and about their stupidity. She was the anthology for all the relationships going on in school, she knew who was dating who, who was cheating on who and who broke up with who.
“Nothing oh!”
Tolu replied in mock innocence.
“It’s just that the boy’s hands were around her shoulders and he was whispering into her ears. The boy’s face was getting closer and closer to her mouth but I didn’t see anything oh!”
“Ah!”
“Michelle so that was the assignment you said you were going to do in CDS. Hah! I knew you were a sly. So tell me, what is the guy’s name?”
The room was quiet and every eye in the room focused on Michelle.
“Like seriously you girls were expecting me to answer that question?”
Michelle asked, now getting tired of the endless jests and jabs. She needed the air, she needed a reprieve from their endless taunts. Slowly she heard less and less of what they said as their voices faded into the background of her thoughts. She opened the door and headed out, ignoring the laughter that filled the room. She found herself on the corridor of Esther hall, staring into the damp and empty darkness that made up the night, staring at the floodlights that shined fiercely, struggling to cut through the vegetation and casting scary shadows. She inhaled deeply, her legs were now getting cold but she savored the silence and solace outside offered her. Just then she felt a cold finger tap her slightly. She turned swiftly, but there was no one there, just a piece of paper on the floor. She took it up and read it, the she immediately folded the paper and looked around, dazed with fear. She could feel it. Her heart now beat heavier and louder, her hands now trembled. Michelle knew it, those eyes were watching her.

The students christened him Begovic (pronounced begovich) because unlike most beggars, he was a beggar with a choice and taste. No, he wasn’t the beggar that went around with bowls begging for his daily bread, he was bigger than that. In fact, he had a full time job. He was the porter at John Hall a position he had seamlessly adapted to his avaricious tendencies.
“My son, how are you?”
He asked a timid looking young man. He fit the bill, he was a sure catch. The young man looked back innocently, unsure of who the porter was talking to.
“Yes Yes, you. I am talking to you. Come and buy me dinner now.”
The young man fumbled around his pocket as if searching for money.
“But sir I don’t have money on me now!”
Begovic was used to such responses, years as a scrounger didn’t leave him in lack of answers.
“Ah! Don’t worry!”
He said with a grin on his face.
“We would use the pos.”
The boy was obviously in no mood to continue the arguments. He grudgingly followed the old man to the cafeteria. A few clicks of the button later Begovic emerged from the cafeteria triumphantly, drooling at the thought of the mixed rice, sausage and gizzard and egg he was about to devour.
He sat down and loosened his belt. He opened the pack and saw a piece of paper staring blankly at him. He shivered. He looked around, he could see no one but those eyes were burning into him.
**********************************************************************************
Would be continued once this post reaches 20 likes. Tag all the people you can.

Make sure you comment too, very important.

2 Likes

Re: Azu's Ghost by Sardongarigan(m): 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
Starting two stories at once? Make sure you finish them o, if not.....

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Way The World Becomes The World-a Short Play On Nonsense / Karma / Fragrances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.