Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,025 members, 7,949,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

What Is Happening To NIPOST? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Happening To NIPOST? (1262 Views)

Nipost Wahala: See The Letter I Wrote To Nipost Abuja. What A Big SHAME!!! / NIPOST To Issue Passport And Driver’s Licence / See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening To NIPOST? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
I really don't know why I would send a 2.75kg package that is not worth $200 only to get a #22,167 fee to claim the package. I was charged $72 to post the package to Nigeria. Is this the change currently in Nigeria? grin

Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by henribj(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
you have to raise your voice at them and also visit customs office to enquire as to why you are being charged excess fees.
if them matter too long, sue them.
grin
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by doublewisdom: 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
Who be NIPOST that time sef? That malam wey dey sell suya?
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2015
henribj:
you have to raise your voice at them and also visit customs office to enquire as to why you are being charged excess fees.
if them matter too long, sue them.
grin
am not presently in Nigeria. Why are we making things difficult for ourselves? It's just funny to me. How I will be charges $100 to claim a package? This is complete insanity.
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by henribj(m): 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
slimmy05:
am not presently in Nigeria. Why are we making things difficult for ourselves? It's just funny to me. How I will be charges $100 to claim a package? This is complete insanity.

complete insanity, that's 9ja for you, if you never halla no one go take you serious.
write a letter to their head of operations or manager or supervisor or something, them go sit up.
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
henribj:

complete insanity, that's 9ja for you, if you never halla no one go take you serious.
write a letter to their head of operations or manager or supervisor or something, them go sit up.
I told the person to write an appeal to the customs to see if they will review the cost. Anytime I get packages here no matter how heavy it is from Nigeria and Europe I don't get charged a dime. Why is Nigeria charging such a high rate?
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by boman2014: 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
oh well What can i say?
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by henribj(m): 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
slimmy05:
I told the person to write an appeal to the customs to see if they will review the cost. Anytime I get packages here no matter how heavy it is from Nigeria and Europe I don't get charged a dime. Why is Nigeria charging such a high rate?

bruv, no matter how long you and me drag this matter or try to fathom why they charge exorbitant rates, the only answer we will arrive at is GREED/CORRUPTION.
And until we do something about it by exposing them, they won't sit up. in your case it is for the receiver to write a letter to customs and nipost head. NIPOST is not meant to even charge you, na customs suppose charge of which they would pass the receiving of the money to NIPOST. any amount you are supposed to pay customs is included in your shipping fees.
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by LeStylo: 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
The officials are the ones swindling you. Raise your voice. Tell them to let you have the official details and you'll have your law address it with the appropriate authorities. You'd be surprised ur fee might actually be just $10!
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
henribj:

bruv, no matter how long you and me drag this matter or try to fathom why they charge exorbitant rates, the only answer we will arrive at is GREED/CORRUPTION.
And until we do something about it by exposing them, they won't sit up. in your case it is for the receiver to write a letter to customs and nipost head. NIPOST is not meant to even charge you, na customs suppose charge of which they would pass the receiving of the money to NIPOST. any amount you are supposed to pay customs is included in your shipping fees.
Exactly, I paid $72 for the shipment and I don't know why I should be charged $100 to receive it. The item in question is not even up to $200.
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
LeStylo:
The officials are the ones swindling you. Raise your voice. Tell them to let you have the official details and you'll have your law address it with the appropriate authorities. You'd be surprised ur fee might actually be just $10!
He has written an appeal already and it takes like a week to get response. Thanks
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by henribj(m): 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
slimmy05:
Exactly, I paid $72 for the shipment and I don't know why I should be charged $100 to receive it. The item in question is not even up to $200.

that's 9ja for you..
the question is, what are you gon' do about it?
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
henribj:

that's 9ja for you..
the question is, what are you gon' do about it?
I'm not presently in Nigeria, so there is nothing I can do about it. I only told him to write an appeal which he has done.
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by henribj(m): 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
slimmy05:
I'm not presently in Nigeria, so there is nothing I can do about it. I only told him to write an appeal which he has done.

you could also write an appeal and copy the customs office in lagos and nipost etc, they should have facebook pages and twitter handles etc.. put all these in the public domain.
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
henribj:

you could also write an appeal and copy the customs office in lagos and nipost etc, they should have facebook pages and twitter handles etc.. put all these in the public domain.
done
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by henribj(m): 8:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
slimmy05:
done

nice one.. now your talking. smiley
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by dialfa: 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
henribj:

waste of time
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by henribj(m): 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
dialfa:

waste of time

not really, anything about creating awareness is never a waste of time.
if he should get this write up out on the net such as fb or twitter a lot of people will relate to it and spread it round. you would be surprised at the amount of people who have these bad experiences with nipost and customs, myself included. do you also think nipost and customs do not have people paid to look on the net regarding negative feedbacks about them? you will be surprised.
especially in this time where govt employees and civil servants are trying to sit up cos of buhari.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
henribj:

not really, anything about creating awareness is never a waste of time.
if he should get this write up out on the net such as fb or twitter a lot of people will relate to it and spread it round. you would be surprised at the amount of people who have these bad experiences with nipost and customs, myself included. do you also think nipost and customs do not have people paid to look on the net regarding negative feedbacks about them? you will be surprised.
especially in this time where govt employees and civil servants are trying to sit up cos of buhari.
Exactly, they just want to total ruin the country
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2015
Who got other ideas how to tackle this
Re: What Is Happening To NIPOST? by Neyoalao(m): 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
how was the issue later tackled please and i have advice about new way of sending with ease

(1) (Reply)

Can Our Looters Do This For Their Communities? / Islam And Terrorism Who Is To Blame? / Breaking News! Watch Bro. Joshua Iginla Live Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.