Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,853 members, 7,889,866 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:59 PM

Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? (3443 Views)

First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money / Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? / Extortion By Intercontinental Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by shombes: 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2009
Intercontinental has unravel the mysterious rumour about her 'impending sinking".
They have water-tight evidence that First bank is behind d rumour.

Its unprofessional for a bank like 1st bank to be involved in such a perveted act,
What do you think?
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by ropyjay(m): 10:45pm On Apr 12, 2009
dont believe d hype
first bank is not d cause of any bank issues.
ppl shuld learn 2 deal with der shit, instead of pointng accusing fingers
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by fab1(m): 11:54pm On Apr 12, 2009
'''Intercontinental has unravel the mysterious rumour about her 'impending sinking".
They havewater-tight evidence that First bank is behind d rumour.Its unprofessional 4
a bank like 1st bank 2 be involved in such a perveted act, WHAT DO U THINK, '''

first of all who told u that 1st bank is behind d rumour, wat could 1st bank possibly gain by
talkin about the impendin demise of intercontinental(wether true or not). i tink you should know that first
bank is a bank of strict moral and corporate values.thats why the bank is still here after 100 yrs plus.
true intercontinental has been talked about lately especially wen they increasd their minimum savings
balance to 10 k, are u sayin evry nairalander is a firstbanker? the bank shld get its acts together, nor be
cnn advert we go chop!! grin
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by factsman: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2009
Hello nairalanders,
I hope we are all enjoyn our Easter c'brations any where we are all over the globe. The fact that it has been long i post anything on this column does not mean i have forgotten the house, and it was not unconnected with day to day struggle for the realization of the dream of self-actualization. Hope many of us will understand.
Central to my concern is the way the house has been handling issues related with the possibility of IBPLC heading for liquidation. I feel if any one among us is not been sponsored either by IBPLC or any of her enemies, then the house must handle the issue about the bank or any other sincerely and with all seriousness. Shouting Ole! Ole!! Ole!!! on any bank makes us the accusser and the judge at the same time. We should not pass a judgement on any one until after we have come to the end of this melodrama in the annals of Nigeria banking history
As to IBPLC pointing accussing fingers at 1st bank, i think the issue is a more sensitive one than the way we are looking at it. Or what will 1st bank derive if this is true? And what does IBPLC stand to gain if this allegation targetted at over 100 years integrity of 1ST bank came to nought. I stand to be corrected, but i think nairalanders should put forward their claims and argue their points without fear or favour, without being loyal or having a prejudice to any bank whatsoever. If IBPLC is a failed bank hidding under the illusion of being de-marketd, its failure,as many of us have conceived, will come into limelight in the future not very distant from now. If not, we should not bury a living soul, let us wait and watch the bank fail before we can be justified, and stop fanning the ember of discord between this bank and its esteemed customers. The shout of HOSSANAH TODAY, CRUCIFY HIM TOMORROW should be laid to rest in the interest of Nigeria and Nigeria economy.

Greeting to everybody in the house.

Warm regards.
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by doja(m): 11:38am On Apr 13, 2009
IBPLC shot itself in the leg when they decided to raise their minimum balance to 10000 naira at a time the news was all over the place that some banks are not liquid.
First Bank did not send that sms to ibplc customers so they should stop looking for who to blame.
Anyway we all know the truth, rumour or no rumour 'the breeze will soon blow open the anus of the chicken'.
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by tjolawale: 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2009
[b][/b] Wen a man's dream changes his focus also changes.
I Think IBPLC has lust it focus and has been deluded 2 d point of insanity to have believe and join bandwagon of some other banks. Wen a bank fail 2 consider is customer as the king, and went ahead 2 betray their loyalty in a competitive market, the result is what we find our their IBPLC in.Imagine in nigeria(retail driven economy) a bank making it savings minimum balance N10,000 and openin balance N20,000. When some people's salary is even les than 10k. Bros check am too "Witchcraft cry in d midnite, pikin peme in d morning, people say na witch kill am" my people if they accused the Elephant Bank, then all other banks in Nigeria must be accused. Ib plc love profit, than customers loyalty and this has overshadow their thought that they can't see beyond profit.
Loyalty of staff is also very important, they hire and fire anytime, their cruelty in that aspect is worse. people need 2 feel secure a litle 2 give d best on d job.Anyway, we wish them luck
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by Hisname: 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2009
Intercontinental is still the best bank in nigeria. Better than any other bank. All this bad news coming from other banks to bring down the bank is a waste of time ,
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by Igwe9(m): 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2009
I tried not to involve myself in intercontinental bank cases, but people should better understand that rumor can drive economy either upwards or downwards,
so whatever information we circulate, we should know that human lives and hopes could be involved.
Anyway, We all shall be held accountable for all our deeds.

Igwe
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by rasputinn(m): 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2009
doja:

IBPLC shot itself in the leg when they decided to raise their minimum balance to 10000 naira at a time the news was all over the place that some banks are not liquid.
Q.E.D
That really gave the lie to all there denials and propaganda
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by Honda29: 3:03pm On Apr 13, 2009
Intercontinental Bank is doing so well that it decided to reduce the salary of its staff by a whopping 30%. The bank is definitely on life support. Run Run Run with your deposit before they close shop.
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by jfrances1: 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2009
HONDA 29,
DID U FAIL THE BANKS APTITUDE TEST OR SOMETHING?
STRONGLY BELIEVE U HAVE [b]BEEF[/b WITH THEM.
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by carloshome(m): 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2009
SOME OF THESE BANKS EVEN ROB EACH OTHER.

NAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

FOR UUUNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAA
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by ropyjay(m): 12:18am On Apr 14, 2009
i dnt thnk iner is going down
just dat a few of dere functions as a bank will b reduced
dey are not d only new generation bank going thru
major shaking now
a lot of dem hav sackd reduced salaries e.t.c
2 cushion d effects
its just a lack of vision
and one man business mentality
which leads 2 one man callng d shorts dat brought bout dis mess
luk at d old n so calld slow banks
why are dey not complain?
omo not all at glitters is gold o
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by chuxy12(m): 3:04am On Apr 14, 2009
i dont believe FBN will condescend that low to be involved in such a despicable act.Erastus should put his house in order and stop looking for imaginary enemies/rivals to blame
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by bigboyslim(m): 8:30am On Apr 14, 2009
If i'm not mistaken, Citi group, a very strong global bank recently laid off close to 50,000 employees worldwide to cushion the effects of a recession. Does this mean they're going under too? i think Nigerians should learn to see things from a deeper perspective. If Intercon Bank is reducing staff salary or anything of that nature, its simply to cushion the effects of a global recession and ensure that they continue to deliver on their promises to shareholders. I read somewhere that this exercise is going to save the bank N1billion monthly. This is a common management practice everywhere in the world. Anytime the world economy shakes, companies are bound to make strategic moves to absorb the shock waves. Even all mighty Microsoft which has always boasted to be recession proof laid off 5000 employees. I personally do not believe that this is any reason to lose trust in Intercontinental Bank. Nigerians stop hating. It gets us nowhere.
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by solosimple(m): 9:13am On Apr 14, 2009
[color=#000099]If i'm not mistaken, Citi group, a very strong global bank recently laid off close to 50,000 employees worldwide to cushion the effects of a recession. Does this mean they're going under too? i think Nigerians should learn to see things from a deeper perspective. If Intercon Bank is reducing staff salary or anything of that nature, its simply to cushion the effects of a global recession and ensure that they continue to deliver on their promises to shareholders. I read somewhere that this exercise is going to save the bank N1billion monthly. This is a common management practice everywhere in the world. Anytime the world economy shakes, companies are bound to make strategic moves to absorb the shock waves. Even all mighty Microsoft which has always boasted to be recession proof laid off 5000 employees. I personally do not believe that this is any reason to lose trust in Intercontinental Bank. Nigerians stop hating. It gets us nowhere.

Uhnn! well said!
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by TRACK: 4:16pm On Apr 14, 2009
I am not after who is behind the bad news. But it is sham and shameful that a bank like IBPLC could not handle this "baby" PR issue.In fact, this is a lesson to banks that they shud begin to look for capable hands that will handle PR; not because he/she brings the highest nosense target. Or b/c he / she is handsome or beautiful.They forgot that such issue suppose to b handled in different ways than going to newspaper as they did.

Now, they have used their money(paid to media) to tell us(public)about their weakness.Thank you for demarketing your brand.They have done much harm to themselve than what their rival did to them. cry
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 14, 2009
@Bigboislim, word wink
But as for me, i will only continue to bank with the first generation banks,
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by edatika(m): 9:32am On Apr 15, 2009
Intercontinental, along with First Bank and UBA
just made the list of World's biggest banks

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=140896
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by MrCrackles(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2009
Poster

Source please?!
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by oluwdashmi(f): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2009
@poster
You are trying to clear a rumour but unfortunately, you are creating. Where is your source of information that First Bank is behind the rumour?
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by jinpachi(m): 6:58am On Apr 17, 2009
bigboyslim:

If i'm not mistaken, Citi group, a very strong global bank recently laid off close to 50,000 employees worldwide to cushion the effects of a recession. Does this mean they're going under too?

You cannot compare Intercontinental to Citi Group, Intercontinental banks Assets (infact all Nigerian Banks Assets) are not  more than 5 billion dollars.

Citi Group has assets valued at well over 900 billion dollars.

Evidence: Watch CNN. You will see adverts by Zenith Bank boasting of 3 billion dollars in assets and Intercontinental boasting of of their assets value as well.

Then watch the foreign bank adverts, all of them boast of hundreds of billions of dollars in assets!!
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by Simplesoul(f): 7:28am On Apr 17, 2009
I guess by now you guys would have rested your false accusations and demarketing about the strength of IBPLC after seeing the recently released forbes lists of world 2000 companies where IBPLC was listed confirming the bank's accreditation as the fastest growing bank in the world or would you disapprove the genuity of forbes list again? IBPLC would continue to achieve greater heights while the enemies remain stagnant and watch them grow and win accolades. while dont you enemies busy yourselves with something else. Remind yourselves that successfull pple always have enemies, nobody talks about failures.

IBPLC remain grounded and firm
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by Honda29: 11:38am On Apr 17, 2009
Forbes would have compiled that list based on public available information but the publicly available information is false. It is the failure of CBN to release credible information about these banks that is fueling the so called rumours. But we all know that there is no smoke without fire. In an environment of lie lie you need to be creative in order to protect yourself. You will have to use available evidence and even rumours to make your own decisions. If Intercontinental Bank is so strong why reduce the salary of it's staff by a whopping 30%? Thanks to Soludo Nigeria now have banks that are not banks but money launderers (na dem dey help politicians and public servants steal our government money) managed by criminals.
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by jinpachi(m): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2009
Fastest growing bank is different from total assets. Intercontinental Bank can grow from 10naira to 20 naira in a second. That is fast, yes, but 20 naira is useless. (THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE)
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2009
ranking is not always true, they only make use of information, and this depends greatly on the credibility of the information(but will all know how dishonesty thrives in Nigeria),that is the main reasons why corruption is so high, undecided
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by samparian(m): 8:59am On Apr 18, 2009
Honda29:

Forbes would have compiled that list based on public available information but the publicly available information is false. It is the failure of CBN to release credible information about these banks that is fueling the so called rumours. But we all know that there is no smoke without fire. In an environment of lie lie you need to be creative in order to protect yourself. You will have to use available evidence and even rumours to make your own decisions. If Intercontinental Bank is so strong why reduce the salary of it's staff by a whopping 30%? Thanks to Soludo Nigeria now have banks that are not banks but money launderers (na dem dey help politicians and public servants steal our government money) managed by criminals.

My guy, back in 2004 when i had financial troubles, some of my detractors started spreading rumours that i was "Loading buses at Abuja park, some said i was a conductor!"
Most of the people who were involved in the rumours were relatives who were jelous of my initial success.
RUMOURS dont mean a damn thing!!!!
today, i dey kampe pass Zuma rock, richer and happier.
haters will always be haters. i'll always be ahead ahead grin
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by nyenyej: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2009
rumour mongers,
u made me draw down my account only to be humiliated, subjected to unnecessary protocols in 2 of the so called strong banks.
being compared to these 2 banks competing with them, INTERCONTINENTAL STILL REMAINS THE BEST.
am back to my bank now and i have no doubt about their statues. first 3 in nigeria, first 2000 in the world.
UP INTERCONTINENTAL BANK, UP BLUES, UP GUNNERS, UP MEN U, UP SUPEREAGLES, ONE NIGERIA.

HAPPY CUSTOMER,
HAPPY BANK,

I AM ON OF THEM ALL
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:28am On Jul 08, 2009
is the rumour still on?
Re: Fallacious Rumour About Intercontinental Bank: First Bank Involved? by NaijaCuzin: 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Forex Trading On Saturday: / How You Can Make Money Investing In Money Market Instruments / Are You In Need Of Proof Of Funds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.