Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,219 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:07 AM

Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) (7648 Views)

Unboxing The Infinix Note 4 Pro X571 With X-pen In The Box For N70,500 (pics) / Unboxing Gionee A1 Lite - N70,000 Phone With 20mp Camera And 4000mah? (pics) / Doogee F5 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by drizzypat: 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
Darkseid:
I don't understand what you mean by typical Nigerian youth. You could as well still be using a Nokia 3310 till now. I change my phones at least once a year and you don't expect me to keep gathering them.
yeh im a man of record

I love having something to reminisce once in a while

Well it all balls down to preference
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Jtmanager(m): 2:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
Osyxcel:

No, I don't think so. Tecno operates in Nigeria, it pays tax to the Nigerian government, it has a large number of staff, it pays their salary, it also does adverts e.t.c These are things that add to the running cost of the coy. If Samsung were to produce this device as it is, they would probably slap a price tag of between #90k-#100k because they have larger commitments.

Check out the recently released HTC Desire 728 with this same chipset, same screen size, HD screen (not full HD o), no fingerprint scanner, 2800mah battery, 13mp back cam and 5mp, and is sold for about #60k in China.

By the way, when you add shipping fee and retailer cost to the Doogee, it'll be close to 40k here in Nigeria.

Tecno phantom 5 doesn't have the best price when compared to other phones in the same category, but they certainly have a lot of commitments.

Duck the technocrats

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Ismo06: 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
Is it true that this device don't support SD card or you have swap one sim for SD card
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Nsonaso(m): 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
Osyxcel:

No, I don't think so. Tecno operates in Nigeria, it pays tax to the Nigerian government, it has a large number of staff, it pays their salary, it also does adverts e.t.c These are things that add to the running cost of the coy. If Samsung were to produce this device as it is, they would probably slap a price tag of between #90k-#100k because they have larger commitments.

Check out the recently released HTC Desire 728 with this same chipset, same screen size, HD screen (not full HD o), no fingerprint scanner, 2800mah battery, 13mp back cam and 5mp, and is sold for about #60k in China.

By the way, when you add shipping fee and retailer cost to the Doogee, it'll be close to 40k here in Nigeria.

Tecno phantom 5 doesn't have the best price when compared to other phones in the same category, but they certainly have a lot of commitments.
[b]
1. TECNO Pay tax to Nigerian Government for operating in Nigeria.... While Xiaomi doesn't pay Tax to Chinese government and every other Countries they operate.

2. TECNO has a very large number of staffs even more than Xiaomi right? Also TECNO pays thier numerous staffs while Xiaomi slaps and knock their staffs on the head at the end of every month that makes Hugo Barra to leave Google for Xiaomi... Thats very fine

3. TECNO advertise their products .... While Xiaomi doesn't advertise and that's why they were able to make it to the top... I love that!

..........So TECNO want to settle all this paying staff, advertisement cost, Tax, with just single one product..... Haba it's not fair. Let's call a spade a spade

4. Talking about importation cost Compare the price of each Xiaomi products sold in China with the the price it is officially sold in other countries that Xiaomi operates

Compare TECNO Phantom 5 with UMI IRON sold for 43K here in Nigeria including Tax, importation cost, (Note: it's a third-party that imported it not the real manufacturer)

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY THING TO JUSTIFY 70k for TECNO Phantom 5
................Also
Comparing TECNO with HTC, Samsung, Sony and the likes is blasphemy....

1. Samsung, HTC, Sony etc pays developer's to develop for thier products, give out their devices to developer for free or sell to developers at a very cheaper rate and that's why we have turns of developers developing for them... E.g HTC Desire HD as old as it is runs Android 5.1.1.....

But TECNO on the other hand is just to give change to some hungry Nigerian bloggers to promote their crappy expensive piece of junk. Instead of supporting developers, and that's why we lack mobile developers here in Nigeria because non of our proposed manufacturers is encouraging them by offering them good incentive

2. Samsung, HTC, Sony etc offers their customers support such as updates E.g I bought my HTC One M7 Dual SIM with Android 4.1.2, letter updated to 4.2
.2, 4.3, 4.4.2, 4.4.3 and now 5.0.2 and I also receive update patches for bug fixing.... What about TECNO?

3. If your Samsung, HTC, Sony etc got problem, you can easily download the flash file from the Internet and flash it without trouble what about TECNO? You go to hovatech and create a thread and submit your email address to third-party before you can get access to download just a flash file (where is privacy in that? Letter some useless people will start sending you useless message)

4. TECNO has Carlcare in Nigeria oh yes! But is the Carlcare also available in the ruler areas like Benue State, Kogi State, Ebonyi State etc Or people those ruler areas doesn't use TECNO?
.... Other OEMs may not have their customers service center here in Nigeria but when their device broke down, you can easily find their parts and got it repaired by our local Engineers... I remembered when I looked for a TECNO Phantom Pad N9 battery in Abuja even in their proposed Carlcare in Abuja did I get it? No

Bro there are so many things you paid for when purchasing Samsung, HTC, Sony etc[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Nsonaso(m): 10:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
Osyxcel:

[s]Do you know what goodwill is? That's what Samsung and the likes enjoy.[/s]

Nokia enjoyed that in those days and still enjoying it till now though not as strong as before.

When the goodwill of Tecno reaches a stage, then the resale value will be high.

Like I said earlier, the price is not the cheapest among the phone in its category.
Don't even go there, Samsung earned where they are today. Samsung spend fire in R&grin and if you know about production very well, R&grin is the most expensive in production and that's why most companies don't dare instead they wait for others to research and design for them to copy..... Samsung still the king of innovation
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Nsonaso(m): 10:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
mutvy:
I don't blame Tecno. We Nigerians sharpened Tecno's teeth and now Tecno want to bite us with those teeth. Let us wait and see.
That's my point.... For christ sake, we made this people whom they're today and now they turned against us and want to suck us dry
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Favparis(f): 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
that's absolute Madness. How much is Lg G3 & Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3/S5?

What does this phone have that any of the Infinix series do not?
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Osyxcel(m): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2015
Nsonaso:
Don't even go there, Samsung earned where they are today. Samsung spend fire in R&grin and if you know about production very well, R&grin is the most expensive in production and that's why most companies don't dare instead they wait for others to research and design for them to copy..... Samsung still the king of innovation

Is it not still part of goodwill?? mtcheew, swerve jare
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by godunia(m): 8:16am On Sep 21, 2015
If I had 70k,what will I be doing with tecno? Abeg they u put the phone in the shelve make people de see the pinshure.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Osyxcel(m): 8:55am On Sep 21, 2015
Nsonaso:
[b]
1. TECNO Pay tax to Nigerian Government for operating in Nigeria.... While Xiaomi doesn't pay Tax to Chinese government and every other Countries they operate.

2. TECNO has a very large number of staffs even more than Xiaomi right? Also TECNO pays thier numerous staffs while Xiaomi slaps and knock their staffs on the head at the end of every month that makes Hugo Barra to leave Google for Xiaomi... Thats very fine

3. TECNO advertise their products .... While Xiaomi doesn't advertise and that's why they were able to make it to the top... I love that!

..........So TECNO want to settle all this paying staff, advertisement cost, Tax, with just single one product..... Haba it's not fair. Let's call a spade a spade

4. Talking about importation cost Compare the price of each Xiaomi products sold in China with the the price it is officially sold in other countries that Xiaomi operates

Compare TECNO Phantom 5 with UMI IRON sold for 43K here in Nigeria including Tax, importation cost, (Note: it's a third-party that imported it not the real manufacturer)

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY THING TO JUSTIFY 70k for TECNO Phantom 5
................Also
Comparing TECNO with HTC, Samsung, Sony and the likes is blasphemy....

1. Samsung, HTC, Sony etc pays developer's to develop for thier products, give out their devices to developer for free or sell to developers at a very cheaper rate and that's why we have turns of developers developing for them... E.g HTC Desire HD as old as it is runs Android 5.1.1.....

But TECNO on the other hand is just to give change to some hungry Nigerian bloggers to promote their crappy expensive piece of junk. Instead of supporting developers, and that's why we lack mobile developers here in Nigeria because non of our proposed manufacturers is encouraging them by offering them good incentive

2. Samsung, HTC, Sony etc offers their customers support such as updates E.g I bought my HTC One M7 Dual SIM with Android 4.1.2, letter updated to 4.2
.2, 4.3, 4.4.2, 4.4.3 and now 5.0.2 and I also receive update patches for bug fixing.... What about TECNO?

3. If your Samsung, HTC, Sony etc got problem, you can easily download the flash file from the Internet and flash it without trouble what about TECNO? You go to hovatech and create a thread and submit your email address to third-party before you can get access to download just a flash file (where is privacy in that? Letter some useless people will start sending you useless message)

4. TECNO has Carlcare in Nigeria oh yes! But is the Carlcare also available in the ruler areas like Benue State, Kogi State, Ebonyi State etc Or people those ruler areas doesn't use TECNO?
.... Other OEMs may not have their customers service center here in Nigeria but when their device broke down, you can easily find their parts and got it repaired by our local Engineers... I remembered when I looked for a TECNO Phantom Pad N9 battery in Abuja even in their proposed Carlcare in Abuja did I get it? No

Bro there are so many things you paid for when purchasing Samsung, HTC, Sony etc[/b]

Bros, nawa o, see the epistle that you wrote.. Chai! Now calm down, like I've said on this thread countless times on this thread, this phone doesn't have the best price amongst it's contemporaries, and if I want to spend 70k on a phone, I most likely won't buy this phone, but what I'm tired of is when people keep whining that Tecno's price is too high, e.t.c Few years ago, when Tecno entered the smartphone market, their strategy was "Cost Leadership", a lot of peeps were saying Tecno is a cheap phone, this that e.t.c. Now Tecno is moving from "Cost Leadership" to product differentiation, people are still whining again...

1. How many phone shops does Xiaomi have outside China? Tecno still produces in China, so they still pay tax to the Chinese Govt

2. Yes, I can almost say Tecno has a more staff than Xiaomi

3. Yes, they all invest in advert and publicity, and Tecno also has some CSR obligation in Nigeria.

4. Talking about difference in prices of devices, the Xiaomi Note 2 was released for $130 in China, but when you want to buy from online shops, the least you can it is $170.

Now, coming to Samsung and the likes, I already said it that they have a lot of commitments, which probably justifies their prices (probably). We lack a lot of developers in Nigeria because we are not technologically advanced here, though I salute the effort of the few that are trying to provide custom ROMs.

2. Samsung and the likes have a better customer support, especially updates I agree to that, that's a major area where Tecno is really messing up.

3. The Samsung, HTC ROMs you see on the net are not placed there by the company, they are put there by developers, that what does too. We still need a lot of developers.

4. The fact still remains that Carlcare is still easily accessible compared to other Phone service centers.

The truth is the 70k price tag is probably too much, but then, don't complain, you can choose not to buy it. Go for the cheaper alternative, just like I do, but y'all should stop whining. Tecno is a business entity and they'll always try to maximize profit just like you would. Thank God the phone market is an open market, so make your choice.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by NCP: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2015
Osyxcel:

1. How many phone shops does Xiaomi have outside China? Tecno still produces in China, so they still pay tax to the Chinese Govt

Xiaomi Inc. is a privately owned Chinese electronics company headquartered in Beijing, China, that is the world's 4th largest smartphone maker.

Xiaomi designs, develops, and sells
a. Smartphones,
b. Mobile apps, and related consumer electronics.
c. The company sold over 60 million smartphones in 2014.

The company's founder and CEO is Lei Jun, China's 23rd richest person according to Forbes.

Xiaomi has over 8,000 employees in
a. China,
b. Malaysia,
c. Singapore,
d. And is expanding to other countries such as India, Indonesia, the Philippines and Brazil.

According to IDC, Xiaomi is now the third largest smartphone maker in the world. Xiaomi also became the largest smartphone vendor in China in 2014, having overtaken Samsung, according to IDC.

Xiaomi GSM Arena page
gsmarena.com/xiaomi-phones-80.php

Now tell me about little tecno.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Osyxcel(m): 11:46am On Sep 21, 2015
NCP:

Xiaomi Inc. is a privately owned Chinese electronics company headquartered in Beijing, China, that is the world's 4th largest smartphone maker.

a. Smartphones,

The company's founder and CEO is Lei Jun, China's 23rd richest person according to Forbes.

a. China,
b. Malaysia,
c. Singapore,
d. And is expanding to other countries such as India, Indonesia, the Philippines and Brazil.

According to IDC, Xiaomi is now the third largest smartphone maker in the world. Xiaomi also became the largest smartphone vendor in China in 2014, having overtaken Samsung, according to IDC.

Xiaomi GSM Arena page

Xiaomi is obviously bigger than Tecno, no doubt about that.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Youngzedd(m): 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
NCP:

a. Smartphones,

a. China,
b. Malaysia,
c. Singapore,

Xiaomi GSM Arena page

Comparing Tecno with Xiaomi is like comparing Latest SUV with keke Napep grin

This guys have push Apple and Samsung out of market in China.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Rotiix(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
Pls where can i get Doogee f5 in naija
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by gwumex(m): 6:42am On Sep 22, 2015
How many people are using tecno in China,it only in Africa we buy inferior goods
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by gwumex(m): 6:43am On Sep 22, 2015
Now its happening,tecno added just 3 features(4g,fingerprint,compass) to dis phone nd started selling it 4 70k+, by the time dey start using SNAPDRAGON PROCESSOR nd not dat useless mtk,super amoled display,retina display,good camera nd flash,good gpu,therm,barometer,wireless charging,heart beat rate monitor,water and dust resistance/proof,nfc,with other great specs not mentioned.I wonder how much they are going to be selling it and by den people will know Samsung,HTC,iphone are not that greedy but they know the value of what they are producing.I like tecno phones cuz they are trying but I cant compare they to dos manufacturers.cuz I will rather pick a s4 Dan 2 pick dis phone
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 22, 2015
Osyxcel:

Bros, nawa o, see the epistle that you wrote.. Chai! Now calm down, like I've said on this thread countless times on this thread, this phone doesn't have the best price amongst it's contemporaries, and if I want to spend 70k on a phone, I most likely won't buy this phone, but what I'm tired of is when people keep whining that Tecno's price is too high, e.t.c Few years ago, when Tecno entered the smartphone market, their strategy was "Cost Leadership", a lot of peeps were saying Tecno is a cheap phone, this that e.t.c. Now Tecno is moving from "Cost Leadership" to product differentiation, people are still whining again...

3. Yes, they all invest in advert and publicity, and Tecno also has some CSR obligation in Nigeria.

4. Talking about difference in prices of devices, the Xiaomi Note 2 was released for $130 in China, but when you want to buy from online shops, the least you can it is $170.

Now, coming to Samsung and the likes, I already said it that they have a lot of commitments, which probably justifies their prices (probably). We lack a lot of developers in Nigeria because we are not technologically advanced here, though I salute the effort of the few that are trying to provide custom ROMs.

2. Samsung and the likes have a better customer support, especially updates I agree to that, that's a major area where Tecno is really messing up.

3. The Samsung, HTC ROMs you see on the net are not placed there by the company, they are put there by developers, that what does too. We still need a lot of developers.

4. The fact still remains that Carlcare is still easily accessible compared to other Phone service centers.

The truth is the 70k price tag is probably too much, but then, don't complain, you can choose not to buy it. Go for the cheaper alternative, just like I do, but y'all should stop whining. Tecno is a business entity and they'll always try to maximize profit just like you would. Thank God the phone market is an open market, so make your choice.
Like seriously
I Laugh Out Loud @ ur post. It stinks of ignorance and mediocrity.
Go hide ur face and stop disgracing ur intergrity online
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by JonesPW(m): 9:09am On Apr 20, 2016
You like this mid-range smartphone? Here is the comparison video for 7 popular mid-range smartphone with MTK6753 chipset, more info please view: https://www.nairaland.com/3047830/7-popular-mid-range-smartphones-comparison
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by harmbhrosz(m): 10:32am On Apr 20, 2016
Osyxcel:

my friend cut the crap about paying tax n staffs, don't other company pay staffs n tax?

Just admit that tecno Is a fraud n stop defending them...

Go check "Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro prime" its spec n quslity is way bettrr with even this current dollar rate+shipping its price is still lower than phantom 5
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by harmbhrosz(m): 10:37am On Apr 20, 2016
gwumex:
Now its happening,tecno added just 3 features(4g,fingerprint,compass) to dis phone nd started selling it 4 70k+, by the time dey start using SNAPDRAGON PROCESSOR nd not dat useless mtk,super amoled display,retina display,good camera nd flash,good gpu,therm,barometer,wireless charging,heart beat rate monitor,water and dust resistance/proof,nfc,with other great specs not mentioned.I wonder how much they are going to be selling it and by den people will know Samsung,HTC,iphone are not that greedy but they know the value of what they are producing.I like tecno phones cuz they are trying but I cant compare they to dos manufacturers.cuz I will rather pick a s4 Dan 2 pick dis phone
u dey mind them,

Am just pained that Xiaomi is not officially in Naija
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by kolexepana: 11:45am On Apr 20, 2016
harmbhrosz:
u dey mind them,

Am just pained that Xiaomi is not officially in Naija
But their Phones are available in Nigeria.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 (N70,000) Vs Doogee F5 (N34,000) by JonesPW(m): 8:30am On Sep 16, 2016
When compare to this two device, I prefer the new vkworld T1 Plus, view the details here: https://www.nairaland.com/3316125/vkworld-t1-plus-6.0-inch-display

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN 4G LTE Now Available, See How To Activate It Now! / Innjoo Halo Discussion Thread / Tutorial: What Happens When You Unroot Your Android Phone

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.