Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,937 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! (3426 Views)

Zambian Stanbic Bank Staff Sentenced To Prison For Stealing Bank’s Money / Evans: I Gave My Father N3m, SUV And A Hilux Van; Why I Didn't Enjoy My Money / Stanbic Bank Worker In Ghana Who Absconded With N67M Arrested (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by dee5(m): 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2015
This Is My ordeal with a bank (Stanbic IBTC Nig plc) which is posturing itself all over the social media network as
a bank that aids you in moving forward. meanwhile behind the scenes, there are sinister and nasty things happening to
account holders in the bank.

Here's My ordeal:

On 9/18/2015 11:09:45 AM I made a purchase worth N6,315.00 at a grocery bazaar near my residential address at igando and paid with my atm via POS
thereafter i proceed to withdraw NGN6,000 from an atm machine in the same premises. i received an alert for the cash withdrawal of NGN6,000.00 but never recieved an alert for the NGN6,315 purchase. however my new balance on the alert I received reflected NGN 8,312.53 from NGN 20,627.53.

Now simple arithmetic will suggest that i have been debited for the POS puchase even as i didn't receive an alert to that effect. then to my surprise on the 9/19/2015 7:41:53 AM, i recieved a debit alert for NGN6,315 and to my surprise the amount was deducted from my balance of NGN 8,312.53 now leaving me with a balance of NGN 1,697.53.

I was shocked because this has never happened to me with any other bank. however i called their customer care line repeatedly till i was able to squeeze a promise from the representative that she will resolve the issue and get back to me via a phone call.

However, i got no phone call and my money is still not reversed to my account as at the time of this writing. Now how does Stanbic IBTC expect me to trust them with this criminal act they are perpetrating on my account?

This annoys me beyond words and i will keep publishing this for all to see and to prevent other potential customers from falling into the same money trap i have fallen into. Am i wrong for giving IBTC a chance to prove their banking abilities?
Immediately i get my money back I am fleeing this thieving bunch of shady bankers and stick to the former banks where i operate my
other accounts.

Stanbic Refund My money else this post of mine will be all over the internet in minutes and even if this post is taken down, i'll open a blog immediately and resurface this post! refund my money now! i tweeted at you IBTC bunch but no response! my twitter handle is @manofsolidsteel in case you are wondering which of your customers you have wrongly victimized.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by broxymall(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2015
saying this here wnt solve a thing,
go to the bank and ask for your statement
Re: Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by jamex93(m): 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2015
Go bank go cut dem warning na
Re: Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by dee5(m): 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
@jamex93 @broxymall maybe your bank works 24 hours through weekends, but IBTC doesn't. and maybe you haven't had a financial issue
with your bank and visited their branch while the customer care is giving you a load of banking protocol jargon while your money is in the limbo. kindly allow me to voice my disappointment through any method that pleases me.
It might interest you to know that these Nigerian banks responds more swiftly to such protest on the internet than they respond to those who visit their branches. Also did i mention that this is weekend? and most banks don't open over the weekend. Hence my choice of this medium.
So please allow me to do what i have in mind. I am the one who's having the issue not you.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by broxymall(m): 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2015
dee5:
@jamex93 @broxymall maybe your bank works 24 hours through weekends, but IBTC doesn't. and maybe you haven't had a financial issue
with your bank and visited their branch while the customer care is giving you a load of banking protocol jargon while your money is in the limbo. kindly allow me to voice my disappointment through any method that pleases me.
It might interest you to know that these Nigerian banks responds more swiftly to such protest on the internet than they respond to those who visit their branches. Also did i mention that this is weekend? and most banks don't open over the weekend. Hence my choice of this medium.
So please allow me to do what i have in mind. I am the one who's having the issue not you.
dude jux to let you know,
i guess this is your first time experiencing such.
so dont conclude what you dont know..

this aint my first, second, third, fourth,
so stop ranting
Re: Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by jamex93(m): 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
broxymall:
dude jux to let you know, i guess this is your first time experiencing such. so dont conclude what you dont know..
this aint my first, second, third, fourth, so stop ranting

Educate him please
Re: Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by dee5(m): 7:57am On Sep 20, 2015
instead of condemning the shady banking ethics inherent in banks in nigeria you are here trying to sap my energy... what do you stand to benefit from what you are doing? or are you employees of IBTC in disguise on the forum?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by crossfire(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
Ur a very troublesome guy.y hv u refused goinng too d bank too lay ur complain.instead ur here making noise.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by dammytosh: 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
An issue happened on Friday 18th and you online on the 19th ranting.

You are a very troublesome broke ass.

What happened to u giving them 2-3 working days to sort you out ?

The POS most likely belong to another bank, do u think it will be easy to resolve interbank POS transaction o. D same day ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by dominique(f): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2015
Some of those cashiers are thiefs and they have a way of making away with your money through the POS (I don't know how they do it o). My friend on Facebook lamented how over 80k was swiped from her account shortly after paying through POS on a weekend just like you did. She got to the bank and they revealed to her that it was the same channel where she paid for the items earlier that also transferred money later that day. And before you start hurling insults at Nigeria and Nigerians, my dad fell victim to the same crime in the United States. He would never have known if he didn't request for his statement of account before leaving for Nigeria.

@ dee5, I believe you are already in the bank by now, they will give you a detailed statement on all the transactions on your account and if the fault is from them, they will revert it. Let's not be so quick to crucify these banks.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by atilla(m): 10:48am On Nov 29, 2016
dee5:
instead of condemning the shady banking ethics inherent in banks in nigeria you are here trying to sap my energy... what do you stand to benefit from what you are doing? or are you employees of IBTC in disguise on the forum?

Howfar. Any update on your issue?.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Bank Return My Money Immediately!!! by PresidentAtiku(m): 12:40am On Nov 30, 2016
This guy na wa to you o! Are you sure you are not a paid agent sent to de-market my lovely Stanbic IBTC Bank? Simply go to the bank, ask for your statement and review what happened. Alert issues could also be from the network provider. I also made a web purchase, was debited without value. I simply walked into Stanbic, filled a dispute form and was credited in days.. Do the right thing always!

(1) (Reply)

Pablo Escobar's Top Hitman Tells How He Blew Up An Airliner Killing 110 People / Several Misdemeanors Of The Nigerian Police Force! / BREAKING: Popular Comedian, Mike Ogbolosingha Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.