Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,402 members, 7,978,273 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:14 AM

Marital Life: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Open-up - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Marital Life: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Open-up (618 Views)

"Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed / Belinda Sefakor Dzata: "Any Size Of Manhood Okay For Me, Pre-Marital Sex Is Bad" / More Actos Open-Up On Being Members of the Frat Fraternity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marital Life: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Open-up by adesegun121(m): 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2015
We all want to find that special someone and when we do, all we want is for the love and union to last forever. There are a lot of tips out there for couples who want to maintain a happy and lasting marriage, but sometimes, the best tips come from people who are already living through it.

Below are the advice a few Nigerian celebrities have for those looking to create a fruitful and lasting union.

1. Take Your Marriage Seriously: In a recent interview, Omotola Jalade, who is married to Matthew Ekeinde had this to say on how her marriage is remaining strong; “I take my marriage very seriously. If you treat your marriage with levity and careless abandon, you will reap the reward for such bad behavior.”

2. You Have To Communicate: Veteran actor, Olu Jacobs, expresses his opinion that for a marriage to work, you should always think of your partner and communicate well with them : “You are now thinking for two. No decision you take should be for yourself alone. It’s for two and it must remain for two.

“You have to always remember that. If my wife goes out, and she finds out that she would not be able to make it back at the time she initially thought she would, she picks up the phone and calls me to tell me. Fine! You are thinking for two, she knows where I am, I know where she is. We still do this till tomorrow.

“Communicating like that helps a lot, once we are talking, you have an idea of where I am and I have an idea of where you are. I am not saying that it should be every minute calls. Sometimes just being together in a room not necessarily saying anything is also important,” he says in an interview with Thenetng.

3. Make Up Your Mind: Actress Mercy Aigbe has revealed that her secret to a happy marriage is that you should stand by your decision to be with your partner. She says, “I made up my mind to stay in my husband’s house, irrespective of what happens and we both agreed to stick together as a couple irrespective of whatever challenges we might encounter.”

4. Value Each Other: While proclaiming her love for her husband during an interview with The Punch, Stephanie Linus talks about the importance of loving and respecting your partner: “I think my husband and I are good. We know where the foundation of our marriage is and we value each other. We also respect and truly love each other.

“He’s my friend and a great pal at that. We got it right from the very first time by agreeing to be married. He’s the right person for me and I am the right person for him. We are on a journey and I think we’re trying.”

5. Have Fun: It is not just about the serious stuff. Actress, Mercy Johnson stresses the importance of having fun and laughing with your partner in an interview with The Punch: “I buy funny cards, which I slip into his pockets, and then he would jokingly remind me about the fact that I have two children. I also dress skimpily in bum shorts and parade in the room whenever he is around.”

6. Patience and Perseverance: Nollywood actress, Chioma Chukwuka also maintains that it is important to have patience in a marriage: “One major thing I have learnt is patience and perseverance. One needs to tolerate one another. I and my husband not just see ourselves as been married; we are also friends.”

7. Make Time For Your Partner: In an interview with Thisday, actor Richard Mofe-Damijo talks about the importance of making time for your partner and your partner alone: “I usually try not to take unknown phone calls after 9 p.m., so that I can relax my brain for the next day’s activities and concentrate on my lovely wife.”

8. You Have To Be Responsible: Popular Nigerian singer, 2face Idibia has expressed in an interview with Thenetng that marriage should make you more responsible: “Marriage changed me in the way that now I get to be more responsible, because it is a serious business, it’s not when I was a bachelor that I could just decide after a show to just chill in an hotel and sleep.”

9. Friendship Is Key: In an interview with PremiumTimes, Nigerian singer, Tunde Obe talks about what it is like being married to wife, Wunmi and how their friendship led to stronger union: “Whenever we have any disagreement, we talk like mature adults. We have never had any confrontational period. I’m her best friend, she’s my best friend. When you don’t talk to your best friend you know how it feels.”

10. Find A Balance: Singer, Dare Art-Alade gave the secret of his strong union with Deola as the ability for them to be able to strike a balance: “You always have to strike a balance because there are times where you are better than the other person but it doesn’t mean that you will always be the better,” he says to TheNetng.

See more @ http://www.gistmelove..com/2015/09/marital-life-10-nigerian-celebrities.html

cc.
lalasticlala ishilove

Re: Marital Life: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Open-up by adesegun121(m): 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2015
kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

I Must Deliver "Abroad " Syndrome. / Today Is Lil Wayne's Birthday / Why I Can’t Date A Celebrity – Chidinma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.