Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,411 members, 7,914,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 04:28 PM

Is Ford Escape A Good Car - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Ford Escape A Good Car (16528 Views)

Angry Driver On Revenge Mission Flips Ford Escape SUV As He Tries To Hit A BMW / Is Ford Escape 08, 09 Series Good? / Is Ford Edge A Good Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by kingreign(m): 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
chucky234:
Broke and low income earners you mean?
buying an $80,000 Toyota means broke eh?
I see your point now.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
Fulaman198:

I know, Toyota uses premium materials and their interiors stay intact for many years. An example is compare the leather interior of a Camry XLE/Lexus ES300 from 1993 to the leather interior of a 1993 Volvo 850. You will find that the Toyota interiors never wear and tear.

Only the people who drink Toyota Haterade would tell you that Toyotas utilise cheaper parts. If that is the case, why do their cars rank #1 in longevity and reliability. It's as if people don't use their brains, or the Toyota Haterade has gone to their already ossifying brains.
Toyota uses premium materials?
lol don't tell me you mean this......

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
kingreign:

buying an $80,000 Toyota means broke eh?
I see your point now.
Which of the Camry are you referring to and how many units of the model were sold?
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
chucky234:
Toyota uses premium materials?
lol don't tell me you mean this......

Let's not deceive ourselves, if they don't, why are their interiors still intact 20something+ odd years later. While if you look at most cars, Volvos in particular their leather seats are all torn.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by kingreign(m): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
chucky234:
Which of the Camry are you referring to and how many units of the model were sold?

Toyota land cruiser is an $80,000 vehicle, how then is that truck for poor people?
Now I am referring to Toyota in general not just camry specifically.

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 11:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
kingreign:

Toyota land cruiser is an $80,000 vehicle, how then is that truck for poor people?

There are Toyota's even more pricier than that. Most people are only familiar with Toyotas made in North America....What about the Toyotas made in Asia:

Toyota Crown:

[img]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Crown#/media/File:Toyota_Crown_Royal_Saloon.jpg[/img]

Toyota Crown Majesta:

[img]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Crown_Majesta#/media/File:Toyota_CROWN_MAJESTA_(S210)_front.JPG[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUi-GvK3_E0

There are many more Toyotas that a lot of them have not seen smiley
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by sultaan(m): 1:44am On Sep 25, 2015
kingreign:

Hmmm, this is NOT true. Americans that buy Toyota and Honda aren't fools.

The trend in the auto industry is affected by the price of gas. The Japanese started selling more car because American makers were focused on trucks and big cars.Until Ford and GM started their eco boost the smallest engine for their compact was the 2.0 when Toyota was using a 2.2 in the Camry note the American cars were compared to the 1.7 Corolla, civic.
Models buyers than that had v6 .Now they have more midsize and compact in the market things are getting interesting.If you know what Isaac in the market now then you'll understand.Most Nigerians are working from the view of 8 years ago start comparing cars from 2009 CAFE standard I'd forcing smaller engines.
Impalas and Taurus now have a 2.0T option fusions, kia don't have v6 anymore
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by stephenduru: 7:00am On Sep 25, 2015
Yes it is one of the best cars around
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 10:05am On Sep 25, 2015
kingreign:

And what's the position of Land Cruiser in the sales chat?
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 28, 2015
kingreign:

Buy Toyota or Honda, if you're sooooo aversive to Japanese, pls get a simple Volkswagen. Don't mind those clamouring for Ford. If you buy that crap, it won't be funny when the reality dawn on you.

I missed this post, but I believe I can still contribute, Ford products arent all that bad, I have used a 1991 ford taurus nd 2005 ford focus, these have proven to be very relaible, the taurus was automatic and very fuel effficent, I acquired it in 2003, as I could not afford a vboot then it was far more affordable and fuctional than the v boot, then.

This issue of vehicle reliability lies in availability of spare parts, good maintennce habits and qualified mechanics, if any of these factors are lacking owners will say the vehicle is unreliable.

Theres also the problem of factory defects but these are usually resolved, do your research well before buying, evry car brand has its pros and cons even our revered toyota and honda brands have issues, there has been issues of recalls on toyota brands in the last 2-3 years so no brand is superior.

Its just media hype vehicle owners use to promote their brand, the so calledd good brands are only so because the makers spend millions of dollars promoting them.

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chccho(m): 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
OP there is nothing wrong with FORD.
Ford is a very strong and reliable car,and i can tell u that ford is is stronger than any toyota or Honda.
i presently use a ford explorer i have had it for about five years now and mine has never ever broken down for once even when i had overheating issues. The only issue i have with it is that its a fuel guzzler and thats cos it uses a 4.0L v6 engine so its understandable..
the car has its specific requirements s
and so u cant afford to compromise standards when it comes to mtce..
As for the parts they are readily available and very cheap, just go to lawanson or ladipo ford parts yapa for there and cheap too..
so OP the choice of car u want to buy depends on your mtce culture and how sensitive u are to ur car...just make sure u buy a one in a very good condition without any issues and u are good to go..
Toyota cars are equally very reliable and economical too but ford is a car than last forever

Ford ....Built tough cool
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by aluko1010: 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
Most of the time what u get here can be misleading. I am not for or against. Pls go to carcomplaints.com

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by sultaan(m): 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2015
aluko1010:
Most of the time what u get here can be misleading. I am not for or against. Pls go to carcomplaints.com

Go and check the annual sales figures on the vehicles in this segment and explain how Honda and Toyota could be so good but still get beaten by the Escape.

If the buyers of CRV were not looking at trade in value and the Escape has a used market like the maps in Africa then it will be a wipe out by the Escape.

Here is the like to recent sales figures where Nigerians only see #2 & #3 as worthy CUV if you add the number of Terrain to Equinox the GM is doing good.
http://m.motortrend.com/wot/september-cuv-sales-ford-escape-toyota-rav4-surpass-rivals-412021.html

Search for YTD numbers and tell us how the Escape is a bad vehicle with an open mind.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by komekn(m): 10:38am On Sep 29, 2015
chccho:
Ford is a very strong and reliable car,and i can tell u that ford is is stronger than any toyota or Honda.
i presently use a ford explorer i have had it for about five years now and mine has never ever broken down for once even when i had overheating issues. The only issue i have with it is that its a fuel guzzler and thats cos it uses a 4.0L v6 engine so its understandable..
As for the parts they are readily available and very cheap, just go to lawanson or ladipo ford parts yapa for there and cheap too..
so OP the choice of car u want to buy depends on your mtce culture and how sensitive u are to ur car...just make sure u buy a one in a very good condition without any issues and u are good to go..
Toyota cars are equally very reliable and economical too but ford is a car than last forever

To buttress your point I have bought two Ford explorers for friends in Lagos who have used both cars in excess of five years without any major issue before selling the vehicles on.

I am at loss how educated Nigerians adopt beer parlour mentality when it comes to cars i.e. only Toyota & Honda, removal of thermostat, etc. Its the same mentality that makes some draw unsubstantiated conclusions that Ford vehicles are defective.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by sultaan(m): 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2015
This is how trucks are rated in the real market. Take a look at where the Land Cruiser sits and some very desirable rides in Nigeria and compare to those that are labeled unreliable

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/08/usa-suv-crossover-sales-by-model-july-2015-ytd.html

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1510-september-2015-suv-sales-compact-crossovers-crushing-it/
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by ife01(m): 11:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
I enjoyed this thread.
Though I thought I could be liberated from the same dilemma the OP is facing/faced, I ended up more confused.
Good arguments all the same.

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by fmarshal3: 10:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
Thanks man I intend buying a ford edge... I love the build and the strength of it. What do you think
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by fmarshal3: 11:01pm On Feb 27, 2021
chccho:

What do you think about the ford edge...
I love the ride, I will love to own one.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chccho(m): 8:43am On Mar 01, 2021
fmarshal3:

What do you think about the ford edge...
I love the ride, I will love to own one.
Ford edge is a cute and reliable SUV as well.
Just ensure u have good maintenance culture and drive responsibly always. Ford has its own type of oil, plugs and maintenance products so thats what u should look oht for

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1.3 Million Ford F-150 Recalled Due To Doors That May Open On Motion / What's Inside Channel Cuts Open Mercedes S-class Seat To Reveal How It Looks / Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.