Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,406 members, 7,901,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:15 AM

Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? (3195 Views)

Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President / Ikoyigate: National Assembly Might Intervene If... - Saraki / Tinubu, Dogara And Saraki: What Is Wrong With This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Senate is NOT the same as the Senate President. When letters are sent by the Executives it is treated as a VERY important document. Refusal to attend to it will bring the wrath of Nigerians which will be shown through protests, feature writings, threat to recall and even lawsuits. The law is very clear on "Not allowing personal interests overrides National interests". No politician wants to be on the bitter end of the masses (ask former Justice Minister Michael Aandooka). Even Okadigbo never had the guts to tinker with the bills of Obasanjo despite Obj's resolve to kick-him-out. Tambawal NEVER had the guts to frustrate GEJ's requests even when the House was APC dominated. No politician or Senator love to be on the bitter end of the masses. Should Saraki attempt it, he will only compound his problems.

Beside, there's a warrant for arrest on him already.
I agree that the Senate may face the wrath of Nigerians, but their efforts to frustrate the Executive and/or shutdown the government may blackmail Buhari into threading softly with them.
Besides, the police are yet to receive the bench warrant, so they can't arrest him. On Monday, the FCA will most likely vacate the CCT's arrest warrant, rendering any further police moves moot.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:00am On Sep 20, 2015
CFCfan:

I agree that the Senate may face the wrath of Nigerians, but their efforts to frustrate the Executive and/or shutdown the government may blackmail Buhari into threading softly with them.
Besides, the police are yet to receive the bench warrant, so they can't arrest him. On Monday, the FCA will most likely vacate the CCT's arrest warrant, rendering any further police moves moot.
Bros, you seem not to understand the powers of the Executive. I can bet my last Kobo that NO Executive will tread softly! In fact, it will make them harder. No Senator or Senate President can blackmail the President except he has skeleton. Even IF he does, there is Nothing anyone can do till election day. You can't impeach him either. Ask former Speaker what happened when the House attempted to impeach Obasanjo. The President's office is just so POWERFUL as long as Nigeria is concerned. Also be aware that most of the Senators have pending corruption cases/allegations on their neck. The Executive will only need to expedite on the prosecution of some of them and others will 'maintain'. That's the reality on ground.

As for Saraki, the main thing is that he will appear before CCT to kick-start proceedings. Have you heard the voice of any Senator supporting him?

1 Like

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by naptu2: 6:18am On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Unfortunately for you!!unless the constitution is amended by the NASS headed by this same Saraki,this same recomendations will not have any headway!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

These reforms do not require constitutional amendment!

"In exercise of the powers conferred on me by Section 236 of the Constitution, as amended, Order 10 Rule 2, Supreme Court Rules, 1999, and by virtue of all other powers enabling me in that behalf, I Aloma Maria Mukhtar, GCON, Chief Justice of Nigeria, hereby issue the following Practice Directions for the Supreme Court.”

2 Likes

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Cchuks27(m): 6:37am On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki won't survive this. At best, he can resign.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by seunmsg(m): 6:59am On Sep 20, 2015
CFCfan:

Don't be too sure about the police not yet to receive the arrest warrant thing. They are only trying not to over heat the polity by rushing to arrest him so early. Trust me, Saraki is under serious watch and will be picked up on Monday if he tries to run away.

What gives you the assurance that the FCA will vacate the CCT's arrest warrant on Monday? The appeal will not likely be heard on Monday and even if it is heard, am not too sure the grounds of appeal are strong enough to warrant a quick order of vacation.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by stoneaustin(m): 7:56am On Sep 20, 2015
ibedun:

Survive kini? That guy can no longer be the president of the senate, otherwise the government and the legislative organ will lose their integrity.

How can a common established criminal preside over the law making organ of government? He is long gone.

Did u say integrity? I hope I know that those guys. don't give a damn about "integrity" so long d money keeps rolling in. the. problem with Nigeria are Nigerians!
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Unfortunately for you!!unless the constitution is amended by the NASS headed by this same Saraki,this same recomendations will not have any headway!!

Guy what is your own in all these? you are an ibo man and saraki is Yoruba.....you ibos have show time and again to stand with and defend all that is wrong.What do you really want for Nigeria? Why are you all criminals? what is Nigeria's offence to the ibo nation that ibos dont want good for Nigeria.

Are you sure ibos want to ascend the presidency ever in Nigeria with all these show of I'll will for Nigeria? na wa ooo, I bow for IBO people.

1 Like

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Guy what is your own in all these? you are an ibo man and saraki is Yoruba.....you ibos have shown time and again to stand with and defend all that is wrong.What do you really want for Nigeria? Why are you all criminals? what is Nigeria's offence to the ibo nation that ibos dont want good for Nigeria.

Are you sure ibos want to ascend the presidency ever in Nigeria with all these show of I'll will for Nigeria? na wa ooo, I bow for IBO people.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 20, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Guy what is your own in all these? you are an ibo man and saraki is Yoruba.....you ibos have shown time and again to stand with and defend all that is wrong.What do you really want for Nigeria? Why are you all criminals? what is Nigeria's offence to the ibo nation that ibos dont want good for Nigeria.

so Saraki had dese case since 2003 and yet he was voted governor, senator and SP....why?? and y is he being tried now wen he is not in terms with d powers dat be?? Wen re we going to start OBJ, Fashola, Diezanni, Atiku's and d rest probe??
However if Saraki is indicted.prison straight o... ionno care bout any politician because dey re all d same......
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by tomakint: 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
rhymaster:

This is coming from a Wailer Waling loser Wailer?? Buhari & Tinubu are really knocking sense into the head of the wailers no doubt! grin grin Converting them from a flat geometry to a regular geometry of sane humans! Hahahahha grin grin grin
You sure don't know my antecedents on this forum, do you?
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Brooklynsouth(f): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
slimfit1:
If this man is still there next week we need to start questioning our senators. We need to start questioning their integrity all.
We youths of this country need to seat down and plan our future if we still need to let these thieves we call elders that cant lead by example represent us. It is a shame that we had to vote in a 73 years old man to come and clean up or return some sanity into us.
I know I've just wasted my text but we need to stop and think where are we heading too.

By the way not only him. This man has basically used the life of his people, he has sacrificed is state to better his family and their coming generation. If we know the meaning of what this man did we will be stoning him to death.
Corruption and treasury looting kills a lot more than armed robbers do. You go to hospitals people died like rams no drugs and fake drugs have been let into the country. We shouldn't let things like these happen any more.
Buhari has shown is body language let us start to show ours.
my man chill if saraki is tinubu will u type this nonsense so papa of monkeys and baboons is the right man to clean up this mess? Upgrade the brain
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Victortee1(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol!!! You people are funny!!! You forget the senate president also has his powers and can also bark and bite!!! You will soon find ou how powerful he is in the comming days!!!

If only Saraki had appeared in court dat day , his lawyers dem will get him plenty adjournment till d case die o, all dis ranting of bench warrant arrest won't even come up, he played into d hands of his adversaries! I wish he just faced dat court in person, dat would av confused his hunters more. Smh
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
Victortee1:

If only Saraki had appeared in court dat day , his lawyers dem will get him plenty adjournment till d case die o, all dis ranting of bench warrant arrest won't even come up, he played into d hands of his adversaries! I wish he just faced dat court in person, dat would av confused his hunters more. Smh

Bros it changes nothing!!he will appear in court on monday and the case will be adjourned while he continues to hold forth as the senate president.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Olodo!! Saraki is a fulani man and i am free to support whomever i so wishes!! You are inconsequential and frustrated igbo hater!! I hop you dont commit suicide any of these days as the igbos would continue to progress much to your chagrin
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

These reforms do not require constitutional amendment!

Are you sure ypu understood my post?
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by hinwazaka: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
When he beats this crap of a trail, Saraki, with the help of a few friends will deal ruthlessly with his detractors.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by kasmail(m): 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
Op.. Your opinion doesnt count.. Whether he survives or not, its none of ur business.. Sick fellow.. Stay in ur canada .. Slow brain

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caption Dino Malaye Working As A Bodyguard To Saraki In Court Today / Nigeria Is Now In Trouble, FFK Says As Buhari Extends Vacation / NIMC National ID Card Is Out, Check If Your ID Is Ready, Sept 2011 – May 2017 En

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.