Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,581 members, 7,885,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 09:29 AM

Could This Be Why Celebrities Dont Go To Church/ Public Places - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Could This Be Why Celebrities Dont Go To Church/ Public Places (717 Views)

Family Going To Church Involved In Accident In Enugu, All Dead! (Graphic Pics) / See Hilarious Way Man Dressed To Church Yesterday / 10 Disgraceful Habits Displayed By Nigerian Policemen In Public Places (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be Why Celebrities Dont Go To Church/ Public Places by emmanuel596(m): 6:13am On Sep 20, 2015
1 they are always mobed by fans who may either steal from them or embarrass them
2 if they attend church services their presence will distract worshipers as 80% of the congregation will have their eyes on the celebs and notice every move they make
3 the preacher/ preaching of the day will be diverted towards them, the gospel might even be twisted just to please the celeb
4 when shows are organised and celebrities are invited to come and perform gate fees always applies to gain entrance into the venues so imagine same seen in church
5 most of their shows falls on weekends and they may be too tired to attend church services
6 nigerians have this mentality of worshipping and always trying to copy celebs so their coming to church may corrupt the minds of young youths who will want to dress and bleach like most celebs
7 celebs are always time contious because their time is money and would not like to waste time in church
8 most celebs have pride and don't wanna associate with common peeps but on the last day GOD will be the ultimate judge
9 add urs

Re: Could This Be Why Celebrities Dont Go To Church/ Public Places by whirlwind7(m): 6:19am On Sep 20, 2015
Your points are explicit.
I'm certain their absence from church are due to combinations of these and more reasons.

As for me wey no be celeb or star, I have my own reasons. Your #3 reason partly applies to me. Only that the preaching is to make me feel uncomfortable!
I swear, that pastor two streets away from me instantly changes his sermon once he sees me set foot into his congregation. I only go there on rare occasions. Haven't been a regular member anywhere for a long time.

In my own case, he had tried to match-make me with a very pretty member of his church. I had resisted this move always, and he is not happy. Whenever i'm in his church, he always talks about how people miss out on their god ordained wife.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be Why Celebrities Dont Go To Church/ Public Places by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 20, 2015
Its dia biz
Re: Could This Be Why Celebrities Dont Go To Church/ Public Places by MrZachs(m): 6:38am On Sep 20, 2015
Na dem sabiii
Re: Could This Be Why Celebrities Dont Go To Church/ Public Places by ModiKen(m): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2015
Weda dem go church or dem no go.....

Re: Could This Be Why Celebrities Dont Go To Church/ Public Places by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 20, 2015

(1) (Reply)

11 Cool Things You Can Do On The Internet For Free / If God Gives You An Opportunity To Ask ONE Thing, What Will It Be? / The Girl I Love Broke Up With Me Because I Dated Her Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.