Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,611 members, 7,888,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:09 PM

How Do I Know If That Car Is Stolen? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Know If That Car Is Stolen? (1838 Views)

12 Reasons To Do A Car VIN Check Before You Buy That Car / Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car / Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know If That Car Is Stolen? by luvluvluv: 6:15am On Sep 20, 2015
Hello gurus in d house, am abt gettin my first car preferably a used but neat car. But my worries hav been theft. Pls how do I knw if it's a stollen car. I will really appreciate ur advice. Tnx
Re: How Do I Know If That Car Is Stolen? by durubrian(m): 6:24am On Sep 20, 2015
get a policeman and a lawyer to accompany you... if it's stolen, nothing concerns you...

OR

Visit a renowned Auto shop..
Re: How Do I Know If That Car Is Stolen? by luvluvluv: 6:44am On Sep 20, 2015
Wow! Luvly idea... but how do I personall inspect? thinkin there must be a way
Re: How Do I Know If That Car Is Stolen? by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 20, 2015
Following...
Re: How Do I Know If That Car Is Stolen? by paul234(m): 7:36am On Sep 20, 2015
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WHEN BUYING A REGISTERED VEHICLE?
1. Vehicle licence
2. Roadworthiness certificate
3. Insurance certificate
4. Proof of ownership
5. Allocation paper
6. c.m.r and the numberplate sticker(Optional).
7. custom papers

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FROM THE SELLER WHEN BUYING A REGISTERED CAR IN OTHER TO CHANGE TO YOUR NAME?

1. The purchase reciept/the agreement between the buyer and the seller. Moreso, at least two(2) witnesses to the transaction must be quoted.

2. A sworn court affidavit and police report about your intention(buyer) to change the ownership of the vehicle to your name.This affidavit is required to effect change of ownership and for record purposes

3. Authorization letter from the seller(whose name appear in the vehicle particulars) authorizing the licensing station/office to go ahead with the change of ownership of the vehicle to the buyer name.(Note, the letters are to be typed and affixed a postage stamp)

In addition to this, in a situation whereby the purchase is through a middleman/dealer, the person will stand as a 'WITHNESS' to the process.

4.Two(2) passport photograph of the buyer (one on the court affidavit and the other goes to the licensing office).Moreso, the passport would be of the buyer since the seller(previous owner)details is at the licensing office.

Above all, confirm if the seller of the car is the same person whose name appears on the vehicle particulars... If not contact the person whose name appears on the vehicle particulars to confirm if he's actually selling the car or not.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Know If That Car Is Stolen? by luvluvluv: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2015
Wow! So educating o....i neva knew any of these. how long will it take to effect all these changes?
Can someone do all diz for me or ofcourse my sig will be required in some of those changes

And hope it's not much financially
Re: How Do I Know If That Car Is Stolen? by sstt(m): 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
what excuses do dey giv 4 selling it.
is d price quite low compare to similar vehicle make and usage
is d name on particular different from d name of d seller
can dey produce about 2, 3 or more previous years particular renewals, that is original particular used for previous years- if yes to dis den u can buy.
if it has been resold after been used in Nigeria, den the change of ownership documents.
is d car displayed on a major road or place for everyone to see or at a secluded place.
tell dem a cousin of urs would like to inspect it and indirectly tell dem he is a soldier who had been into transportation before. if dey don't become nervous.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shift Solenoid Problem With Ford Edge / Pls How Much Is A New Bajaj Boxer (okada)? / Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.