Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,536 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:02 PM

Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech (25696 Views)

Kerry Washington Wishes Uzo Aduba 'happy Birthday' In Igbo / Lawal Dolapo Accuses Yemi Solade Of Demanding Sex From Her For Role. He Reacts / Yomi Fabiyi In Sex For Role Scandal As Eniola Omoshalewa Eunice Accuses Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by bro4u: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Igbo Kwenu....

5 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Blackavast(m): 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
grin
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by tolexy007(m): 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
she is an hausa girl...... grin grin grin grin
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
May GOD punish the PDP and those who have truncated effective democracy and Harmony in NIGERIA.

Sai BUHARI

Sai IGBO
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by eaglechild: 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
Congratulations to her, very well deserved.

A talented actress.
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by menix(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nna menn.. nwata nah gym mu badly..

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Ilekeh(f): 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
Many of the local champions shouting Biafra don't even watch the show.

The girl is a good actor. She deserves it. grin
She's one of the 3 black Emmy winners this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Hilaskee(m): 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
Congratulations
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Btruth: 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
..........and thank you for making us proud too.

cheesy
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by lloydpras: 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
cao:

Actually, she beat these women:
Christine Baranski - The Good Wife
Emilia Clarke - Game of Thrones
Joanne Froggatt - Downton Abbey
Lena Headey - Game of Thrones
Christina Hendricks - Mad Men

She was nominated for best supporting actress in drama, not the lead actress. The one that won that particular award was Viola Davis. In fact Kerry wasn't nominated at all.

Viola Davis won Best Actress category??Wow!!
#WorthIt
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Look at her ugly face, they'll go out there and be discraging nigerians by creating d impression dat all nigerians are dis ugly, a law shud be made dat only gudlookin nigeria shud go out to represent, da ugly ones shud stay bak at their mother's house angry

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
SeunSpy:
She beat Kerry Washington and Taraji...mehn she good

Wetin those ones dey act? Scandal and Empire are some of the most overrated shows on air today. No intellectual substance whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by adellam16(f): 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
warrior01:
Igbos are indeed a special race. Anywhere they are found, they tend to excel. Kudos guys
Wrong! All races r special in their own different ways dear'

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Balkan(m): 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2015
Mean While trending on FP
THE putrid smell that emanated from the chunks of fatty decomposing pieces of flesh said to be part of a human body recovered from suspected ritualists filled the entire space in front of the Oyo State Police Command headquarters, Eleiyele, Ibadan on September 15, 2015.
Journalists, policemen and visitors who were around the place covered their noses with kerchiefs.

Four suspects—Oluwatoyin Odetunde, Adewole Elijah, Adeyanju Adeniyi, and Odetunde Jacob – arrested in connection with the human flesh were all calm looking, as if waiting for the fate that would befall them after their arrest.

And a member of the syndicate, Odetunde, confessed that he got the human flesh from Elijah and one ‘doctor’, one Olusegun Babarinde, who was discovered to be a retired mortuary attendant.

Briefing journalists on the arrest of the suspects, the Commissioner of Police in Oyo State, Leye Oyebade, said that they were arrested after the raiding of a black spot at Owode area of Oyo town, following information received that criminals used to gather at the spot.

The police commissioner said that the suspects were found in an uncompleted building and when searched, pieces of human flesh were found in their possession.

According to Oyebade, “the suspects, some of who wore garments and pretended as if they were coming from a church, claimed to be members of a white garment church. But upon interrogation and search, pieces of human flesh were found in their possession. They are ritualists and are not supposed to be within the society. They will face the music and the court of law will prevail on their activity which is barbaric in nature.”
Crime Reports also learnt that Babarinde retired from one of the teaching hospitals in Oyo State.when interrogated, he was said to have confessed to the police that the human parts he supplied to Odetunde were taken from corpses deposited at the hospital mortuary. He further claimed that they either belonged to unclaimed corpses of armed robbers brought in by the police or mad people who died on the streets.
He referred to such corpses as wastes, saying he usually took some parts of the corpses before mass burial. Knowing the workings of the mortuary, despite having retired, Babarinde said he used to go to the mortuary on Saturdays when he knew other attendants would not be available.

Speaking with Crime Reports, Elijah said: “I was at Odo Oba when Odetunde called me on phone that he needed the flesh of a dead armed robber which he could use. I told him I had some which I got from a deceased armed robber when I was still working as a night guard. My partner, one Tunji, and I killed him beside a river at Odo Oba along a private hospital road because he ran away when we tried to stop him one night.

“My partner cut a part of the armed robber’s buttocks and kept it. That was about four months ago. I covered it up somewhere and regularly preserved it with schnapps. My partner died the following day in an accident when he was going to Osogbo.

“I told Odetunde that I would check the remaining human flesh I kept and he asked me to bring it to him in Oyo. He asked Mr Adeniyi to use his motorcycle to bring me to Oyo. I tied the human flesh in a polythene bag and took it to him. As we were talking, police came and arrested us.”
In his own confession, Odetunde (65) stated: “I am a prophet of a C&S church. It is true I asked Elijah to get some human flesh for me. I wanted to use it to perform rituals for someone. I use any part of human flesh. I took the buttock part from Elijah while I got the fleshy rib part from one ‘doctor’ in Ogbomoso.”

Adeyanju told Crime Reports that “Odetunde had a church at Odo Oba before he moved to Lagos State. So he said he needed to rent the place out since no member was attending the church again. We wanted to discuss on how I would be in charge of the church. He called me recently and asked me to join him in Oyo. He wrote some things in a paper for Elijah about ritual processes but I was not involved. We were together when police came to arrest us.”

But Odetunde said that Adeyanju knew about what he was doing and had come to him so that he could understudy him and learn how to do such rituals too.

Jacob, who is Odetunde’s son, said: “I didn’t know anything about the issue. My father called me and told me he was coming from Lagos State to Oyo. I went to him so that I could greet him and get some money from him. I met Adeyanju and Elijah with him.”
Crime Reports gathered that the suspects had been charged to court.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/how-i-killed-man-kept-his-flesh-sale-%E2%80%94suspected-ritualist
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Leyemoshood: 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2015
congrats,nice one lady

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by j4sure(m): 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2015
CONGRATS OOOOOO WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT
vorigan:

Uzo Aduba's winning streak is not over.

The Orange Is the New Black star had a strong year last year, bringing home a number of awards for her role as "Crazy Eyes" on the hit Netflix series, and it looks like this year may be her year, too.

Aduba won Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama (this is the first year the show switched to drama from comedy), her second consecutive Emmy win, and she didn't even try to hold back the tears.

So, yeah, we were getting a little teary-eyed, too.

"I really just want to say thank you a thousand times. If I could say thank you a thousand times, it would not be enough to cover the amount of thanks I feel for you, Jenji Kohan. I love you so much," Aduba began.

"I thank you for putting belief back in my heart. Thanks for making the show, creating the platform. Thank you to our family at Netflix and Lionsgate. You are incredible. I love you so much for your kindness."

After a list of more thank-yous, the actress concluded with, "I love you guys and I'm so thankful to stand beside a set of artists who are so brilliant. I want to say thank you to our team, my team that I work with...you guys are incredible and I love you mostly because you let me be me.

"And finally, I really just want to say thank you to my family who have stood beside me my entire life. My sister, Chi Chi, you are my very best friend. I am humbled to call myself your sister. I love you so much. Thank you to the academy. Thank you to our fellow actors. Just thank you very much. God bless you."

http://fr.eonline.com/news/697903/orange-is-the-new-black-s-uzo-aduba-couldn-t-hold-back-the-tears-when-accepting-her-second-emmy-win
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by JUHABACH: 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
warrior01:
Igbos are indeed a special race. Anywhere they are found, they tend to excel. Kudos guys

be proud of Nigeria. its not always about tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by MrImole: 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
cao:

She was nominated for best supporting actress in drama, not the lead actress. The one that won that particular award was Viola Davis. In fact Kerry wasn't nominated at all.
You mean Viola Davis of "how to get away with murder"?
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by ogaprime(m): 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
Even nicki minaj or lil wayne will say "thanks to God" first before saying anything else....mtshwww
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by nightmile: 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
Was she pounding akpu for them? th hand and face, well.. nice one dear!

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by GodwinTobi(m): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
At least this is a good news for igbos not the usual drug trafficking news

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by williamsean(m): 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
hemartins:
2nd picture makes me wonder?

is she a Man ?

make use of this your big head for once or better still go and ask your mama

2 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hahahahahaha. Cant stop laughing. When Good she or hé is à Nigerian, when bad hé or she is an igbo.! Confused Nation. Good job my igbo sister. Dalu nne oma. Best of all in Nigeria. #Igbonation anyi wu nde oma. Proud of u nne oma

8 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by williamsean(m): 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
cao:

but she won abi? So shut up

2 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by MoneyGreen(m): 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
why she resemble monkey?

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by RexTramadol1: 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
cao:

Haba! U For do secret washing
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by sonnie10: 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
Anybody know why she never mentioned Nigeria anywhere in her acceptance speech? People should be proud of their country.

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by raphy(m): 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
ehen!#igbokwenu #kwenu #kwe....,d bush meat hv been caugt by our daugta.so we wl gv her a chieftaincy title fo makin us proud.#whayasay my peeps.
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
I am no longer Na Our Oyel. I am now officially a Biafrian.

3 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by cao(f): 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
williamsean:
but she won abi? So shut up
Err...you seem to have a lot of tension, relieve it elsewhere.

RexTramadol1:

Haba! U For do secret washing
Huh? I simply corrected a mistake, so that others would not be misinformed, since I know there are NLers that are allergic to clicking or looking for more information.
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Markachi666(m): 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
hemartins:
2nd picture makes me wonder?

is she a Man ?

She is a woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson And Prince Odi Okojie Celebrate Valentine’s Day / Bella Shmurda Pushed Into The Crowd by a Fan While Performing at Concert / Rosaline Meurer: "I Got More Jobs & Money After Tonto Dikeh's Marital Crisis"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.