Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:24 PM

Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season (23872 Views)

Sunday Oliseh Leads Fortuna Sittard To First Title In 23 Years / See Photos As Obafemi Martins Wins Award For Sporting Excellence In Asia / Obafemi Martins Luxury Home In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by robosky02(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
Out-of-favour Super Eagles forward Obafemi Martins won his first trophy of the season after gracing the scoresheet once as his American club Seattle Sounder beat Vancouver Whitecaps 3-0 to win the Cascadia Cup 2015 on Saturday.

The tournament is a regional trophy contested by MLS teams – Seattle Sounders, Vancouver Whitecaps and Portland Timbers – in the North-West.

Sounders topped the table on 12 points to win their fourth Cascadia Cup. The team with highest number of points in the tournament win the trophy.

According to The Olympian, Seattle broke through in the 45th minute when Martins chipped a pass to Andreas Ivanschitz, who broke past his defender down the left flank where he fired past goalkeeper David Ousted.

“It was a great pass from Oba, fantastic timing,” Ivanschitz said. “The angle wasn’t good for me then to finish. The only chance was to keep it on the ground, to hit it hard.”

The Whitecaps came out more aggressively in the second half, but that left them vulnerable to Seattle counters. Clint Dempsey assisted the Pineda goal in the 71st minute and the Martins goal in the 87th.

http://www.punchng.com/sports/martins-wins-first-title/

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by robosky02(m): 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
if this guy still delivers at the top level dont you think he can add to the super eagle in the short run?

give your view....

26 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by wisefizz(m): 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
OK..... I DON HEAR
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by jamesbanjo(m): 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
OBAFEMI.. Mehn dz guy is really talented o...
Stil at d top of his game even after several years cool
#Vote Mikel-obi as chelsea captain 2015 grin

6 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by HopeAlive14(m): 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
Congratulations to him.

I think it is better to have players who can add to the Super Eagles in the long run.

8 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by SammieLowkey(m): 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
Congratz 2 him.
Since I have nothing else to say, lemme sing a song.. cheesycheesy
Afta d raggae play d blues
(d blues..d blues)
make u do as I do
(i do..i do)
En....joy ur self baby boo
(le boo..le boo)
coz even ur boo get a boo
(a boo..a boo)
share d gala..Share d booze
(d booze..d booze)
evrybody wanna groove
(2 groove..2groove)
as far as E-money dey pay
(dey pay..dey pay)
ski..bii ohh pop champagne
(ahan ahan)
Thanks 4 ur time! smileycheesysmiley

33 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by PublicAssurance: 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
[size=18pt]AND??[/size]
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by mowah: 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
See what is making nairaland front page.... Walai nairaland have spoil cry
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by LieDetector(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2015

sad sad sad sad

17 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by Ilekeh(f): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
PublicAssurance:
[size=18pt]AND??[/size]

Go cook indomine.

5 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by RobinHez(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
please i'm tired now...you people should patronize me na cry cry

see my signature please!!! i need to get out of probation
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by bqlekan(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
So, this man still dey play? Hian undecided make them give way for us jhur
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by Vock(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
He's good but too old, let him continue where he is
Let the young ones play national level too
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by januzaj(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
ITSAWRAPWORLD:
congrats OBAGOAL
if he is obagoal...wetin ronaldo and messi go be.... Olohungoal

8 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by kay29000(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Good for him. But dude is starting to look really old.
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by Anthony0094(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
Obagoal

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by mayorjosh(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
So how will these make real madrid sign him ?
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by omaniblog(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
ok
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by captainflash(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
nice one OBa..atleAst femi IS proud of u..!!! grin
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by seedorfg(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
obafemi martins of which club
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by conquerorsegun(m): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
Oliseh will still not invite Him
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by januzaj(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
seedorfg:
obafemi martins of which club
of kano pillars

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by seedorfg(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
where is yakubu na grin
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
He's still very good. Congrats to him

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by robosky02(m): 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
in other countries as long as you can deliver the goals you can still be part of the national team eg Italy, Germany

but Nigeria the will leave obagoal that is scoring for some other guys that have not scored for the past 18 months in the national colours
or even call up new guys

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by Kaybee14(m): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
Congrats bro.
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by ITSAWRAPWORLD: 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
januzaj:
if he is obagoal...wetin ronaldo and messi go be.... Olohungoal

grin grin grin grin OloyeGOAL
Re: Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season by captainflash(m): 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
jamesbanjo:
OBAFEMI.. Mehn dz guy is really talented o...
Stil at d top of d game even after several years cool
#Vote Mikel-obi as chelsea captain 2015 grin
ehen who dash the guy captain of chelsea? smh! that will be IN 2030 if he still need the position of a captain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Come In Lets Share Our Best Betting Strategy And Best Bet Staking Plans Here / Super Eagles Team Arrives Kaduna (photos) / Barcelona 4-0 PSV: Lionel Messi Sets Two New Champions League Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.