Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,337 members, 7,934,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 10:55 PM

Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case (19321 Views)

Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 / Appeal Court Delivers Judgment In Saraki’s Case Today / Judge Withdraws From Saraki’s Case Over Negative Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by WebSurfer(m): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abuja – The Federal High Court has fixed Sept. 30 to hear the case filed by the Senate President, Sen. Bukola Saraki, asking the court to stop the Code of Conduct Tribunal from trying him.

Saraki is charged with false declaration of assets by the Code of Conduct Bureau at the tribunal.

The judge, Justice Ahmed Mohammed, after listening to arguments from counsel to parties in the matter, ruled that the suit was ripe for hearing.

“ Since all the parties have filed relevant documents, this case is ripe for hearing and in order not to waste the court’s time, the case is adjourned to Sept.30 for hearing.’’

Counsel to Saraki, Adebayo Adelodun, had said that in spite of the notice served on the tribunal by the Federal High Court, it had gone ahead to entertain the matter.

He drew the attention of the court to a statement made by the Chairman of the Tribunal, Justice Danladi Umar, that the court could not summon it because it had coordinate jurisdiction with the court.

Counsel to the Federal Government Taiwo Abidogun, however, argued that Ministry of Justice, Code of Conduct Bureau and Code of Conduct Tribunal had not received any notice from the court.

Abidogun said that was why the tribunal sat on Friday and issued a bench warrant against the Senate President.

He said that even if service was made, it must have come after the tribunal had risen.

Mohammed, however, corrected Abidogun and provided evidence to show that the notice was actually served the respondents.

Mohammed in his ruling said that the matter was ripe for hearing since both parties had filed the relevant documents.

He fixed Sept. 30 for hearing.

The Federal Government had filed 13 charges against Saraki on alleged false assets declaration.

Saraki, who was scheduled to appear before the tribunal on Sept. 18 to answer charges against him, filed an exparte motion at the Federal High Court, asking the court to stop his trial.

The court had ordered that the Federal Ministry of Justice, the tribunal and the bureau to appear before it and show cause why Saraki’s prayer should not be granted.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/federal-high-court-fixes-sept-30-to-hear-sarakis-case/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by lokobyforch(m): 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
story... story...

2 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by Burger01(m): 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
WebSurfer:
cc lalasticlala
Why you dey shout lalasticlala, na him be Saraki? smiley

4 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by mascot87(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
Can someone please tell me why Fayose has not been in the news lately most especially since the Genesis of Saraki nightmare? He has not been condemning this act either.
For Fayose not to have released a press statement to that effect, it shows that he has a skeleton in is cupboard which he believes could be revisited like that of Saraki if he doesn't keep his mouth shut grin grin

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by efilefun(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
The kind of wailers we have calling themselves oppositions are nothing but morons, imagine when the anti corruption war kicked off they were all screaming saraki's name now saraki is dancing to the tunes of Psqure and Aiyefele together, they back here shouting witch hunt... Seems fayose now know the war is real the dude been on hibernation mode since this case started.

26 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by efilefun(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
lol calling him to move the post to permanent site...
Burger01:

The dude don enter hibernation mode since CCT starts showing them all they aint a mere roadside court

Obiagelli:
Pa Chukwudi44 be like
Children, if anyone asks for me, tell them I am on the saraki matter

That dude still ruling kwara state cuz Ahmed Fatai is just a figure head there.

Bevista:
In the meantime, the IGP must Hunt the Witch down and bring him to the CCT tomorrow for him to defend himself for Sucking the Blood of Kwara people.

4 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by ChappyChase: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hmm, this stuff dey FP oo...
Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by Bevista: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Noted.

In the meantime, the IGP must Hunt the Witch down and drag him to the CCT tomorrow for him to defend himself against the allegation of Sucking the Blood of Kwara people and leaving them dry.

7 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Saraki are your hands clean?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by WebSurfer(m): 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Burger01:
i dey let am know say, food is ready
Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Pa Chukwudi44 be like
Children, if anyone asks for me, tell them I am on the saraki matter

20 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by Demmzy15(m): 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
grin
Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by LMAyedun(m): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
Sept 30th is too far considering the way & manner CCT and FG is handling the case.

3 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by Slimbideb: 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
lokobyforch:
story... story...
lol
Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by ndaman25: 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
hahahaha.....ur days are numbered as SP
Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by boboLIL(m): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
Na saraki de trend now... Ok...
Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by mickells(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
issokay
Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by Damsman10(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
saraki u r going
Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by alexitohan2020(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
U
Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by alaoeri: 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
One thing is certain, Saraki won't escape vacating the SP seat & if care is not taken he will lose his senatorial seat a final nail on his political carrier.
Never be too ambitious & always know the time to draw the line.

7 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by scofieldsimba(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
We are fully following.
Let the law take its course.
He who must come for equity must come with a clean hand.

2 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by ChappyChase: 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
chi4ik4:
nobody can remove Saraki as senate President! shameless APC is just fighting a lost battle.. l rep 5%
If I say you are a disgrace to the 5% family, e go be like say I too Hash. But bad as e bad, I gat tell you something...
*looks for a good cane and begins flogging*
What has Saraki don for the 5%...
*continue flogging*
You no fit talk again abi?!
*keeps flogging*

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by knightsTempler: 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by chi4ik4(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
nobody can remove Saraki as senate President! shameless APC is just fighting a lost battle.. l rep 5%

6 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by exlinkleads(f): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Whatever them like make dem do

saraki remains the senate president

In fact no matter how this case turns out, now I know dat PMB is really a Military ruler not a democratic ruler he calls himself.

So much for change.

Meanwhile if you want to own a phone of your choice and pay on installment, see my signature.

2 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by dammytosh: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
asking the court to stop the Code of Conduct Tribunal from trying him.

Only a thief does that.

Almighty Bode George was jailed, Saraki won't be a big deal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by januzaj(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
nice one

2 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
This is why I don't like court cases..
They keep on adjourning till you get tired of it...
Why not give the damn judgement and let's know who or what's next...
No time to even check time...

2 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by DANILSA(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Chukwudi44 I see you.

1 Like

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
SO THAT HE CAN BE BRIBE, RIGHT?. Saraki is half gone. his reputation is gone, self esteem gone, self confidence gone, wisdom in the mud. Court should let Code of Conduct Bureau do their work without interference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case by ChappyChase: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Obiagelli:
Pa Chukwudi44 be like Children, if anyone asks for me, tell them I am the saraki matter
Abeg this chukwudi44 na Sariki papa?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Condemns The Killing Of Unarmed Youths In Enugu / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate / Faces of the SSS fallen Heroes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.