Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,880 members, 7,889,929 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:08 AM

‘I Never Wanted To Leave Liverpool,’ Says Lucas - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Never Wanted To Leave Liverpool,’ Says Lucas (345 Views)

OMG!! Loris Karius Offered Proposal To Leave Liverpool / PHILIPPE COUTINHO Still “loves” Liverpool Says Jurgen Klopp. / Philippe Coutinho Is Set To Leave Liverpool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘I Never Wanted To Leave Liverpool,’ Says Lucas by Moh4newsafrica(f): 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
Lucas insists he “never wanted to leave” Liverpool, with the midfielder admitting his game against Arsenal potentially saved his Anfield career.

Brazilian midfielder Lucas was omitted from the Reds’ squad for their opening two games against Stoke and Bournemouth, and was linked with a move to Turkish side Besiktas in the summer transfer window.

However, he was recalled to the starting line-up by Brendan Rodgers against Arsenal last month, impressing in that game and proving his worth to the side since in the absence of captain Jordan Henderson.

Lucas admits that while he was frustrated due to his lack of game time at the start of the season, he “never wanted to leave” the club.

“I was very frustrated that I couldn’t make the squad for the first two games, but I had to keep training and working hard because we have a lot of examples where football can change in a moment,” Lucas told the Daily Mirror.

“Of course, I never wanted to leave Liverpool. I have a home here and my family are very happy. But sometimes you do find yourself thinking about another solution if you think that will keep your career going.

“A couple of things happened during the first couple of games that gave me the chance to play against Arsenal, and I believe it was because I was training so hard and was well prepared that I was able to come in and have a good game.

“Maybe if there hadn’t been the Arsenal game, I wouldn’t be here now. But I always believe that things happen for a reason.

“I’m very happy that I stayed and I will keep fighting for the club as I have been doing for the past eight years.”

A disappointing 1-1 home draw with Norwich on Sunday leaves Liverpool lying in 13th in the Premier League table, but Lucas feels Brendan Rodgers and his side are capable of bouncing back.

“We have to keep perspective. It’s very early and experience has taught me not to get too carried away by victories and not to get too down after defeats.

“If we keep working hard, improving and picking up points, then we can still get to where we want to be.”

read more<<<<<<<<<<<http://newsafricanow.com/2015/09/i-never-wanted-to-leave-liverpool-says-lucas/

(1) (Reply)

Fifa's Major Sponsors Ask Fifa's Boos To Resign / Df Hdtgh Fgj Sdzf Asfd / 1960bet- Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.