Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

What Career Track Are You On? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Career Track Are You On? (14775 Views)

Poll: What Track Would You Say You Have Been On?

General Track: 100% (1 vote)
Fast Track: 0% (0 votes)
Personal Track: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

What Career Path Should He Follow?? / What Career Jobs Can One Get As A Science Laboratory Tech Graduate (SSLT & ISLT) / What Career Would You Choose Next Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Career Track Are You On? by sexychocho(f): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm

Which one am I sef?

Pensive Pensive Pensive
Re: What Career Track Are You On? by lonelydora: 7:28am On Jul 27, 2016
I don't even know.......anywhere money dey na there I dey.
Re: What Career Track Are You On? by Donnyboy(m): 7:36am On Jul 27, 2016
This is my first short-film TRIBUTE.
I dedicate it to all those that lost their Dads... To Our Soldiers And to all the Wonderful Dads...
God bless us all...
please view using this link for mobile devices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akE5EIYfeSo

Re: What Career Track Are You On? by permanentgrace(m): 8:08am On Jul 27, 2016
Seun:
I'm on the personal track. A successful Nigerian website admin who is going international soon.

You see? After we've helped you generate traffic on your site and today, no credit to us. To announce your marriage notice publicly so we can come 'chop rice' (at least) as part of our effort, you no gree.
Re: What Career Track Are You On? by Kazrem(m): 8:29am On Jul 27, 2016
Personal track. May God help me.
Re: What Career Track Are You On? by Amplitron: 8:31am On Jul 27, 2016
This is one of the best threads ever and I'm not talking of just Nairaland. That it took several years to finally crawl to the home page says a lot.

Ajanlekoko, well done. Please permit me to add another type of track. It is called the "No Track". People on that track just want money or food just to to go by on a daily basis. They are not ready to join any of the three tracks being discussed. You surely know someone who feels ok calling you up for financial assistance every now and then. If you ever manage to get him/her any job he will quit in the shortest possible time and of course without any tangible reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Career Track Are You On? by femmy1992: 8:34am On Jul 27, 2016
debosky:

I still disagree with you. It is all in the mind. What you think is what determines the way you behave. I am in no sense saying people don't have very difficult challenges in their day to day lives, but a decision to steal to 'get satisfaction' is a clear indication of distorted thought processes.

You can go to church/mosque, beer parlours and what not without resorting to stealing to gain satisfaction, regardless of your income.

The diff btw this country and d developed country is that only the rich has access to d basic amenities in naija....
Re: What Career Track Are You On? by Rick9(m): 9:21am On Jul 27, 2016
Personal Track - aiming to become a Multi-Plantinum Record Producer
Re: What Career Track Are You On? by Safari29: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2016
am 100% on PT smiley
Re: What Career Track Are You On? by wilcox(m): 9:54am On Jul 27, 2016
Am getting more insight to life.nice one
Re: What Career Track Are You On? by tetengi4life(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
AjanleKoko:
I have this theory about career.
There are basically three identifiable career tracks, and everyone loosely falls into one of the three.

1. General Track
This where most people generally fall into: Get a job, any available one in a reasonably okay organization, work hard, try to climb up the ladder to the best of your abilty, and hope for the best.
This one is usually limited by the organization(s). In some places depending on your job and allied factors, there might be a limit to how high you can climb, or if you can at all. In fact, this track doesn't really pay again these days, and most people look down on it, even though that is where most guys end up anyhow.
The long and short of this one is that it leads a lot of people into corruption eventually.

2. Fast Track
The fast track is the assisted track, where the golden boy/girl is appointed by some big boys/girls, and he/she flies to the top position in record time, irrespective of what he or she is able to actually do. In fact, if you're on this track, whatever you say is the way is the way. Nothing else matters. You just can't go wrong.
The issue with this one is that people get burned by politics of the environment. Once your mentor is taken out, it must surely cascade to you. But they usually bounce back, because the Fast Trackers usually have a lot of solid backing.

3. Personal Track
This is the proverbial 'track of the brave'. These are the people who take their career literally into their own hands. They set their own career goals, and what they want to achieve in any organization. They are not scared to move on when they feel that the environment has given them what it has to offer.
The downside is, they usually suffer a lot in their personal life, due to some tough choices they have to make in order to pursue their personal ambition. It is also not a path for the faint-hearted.

Where would you say your career track is right now?

Number 3 of course. it makes me happy and I don't joke with my happiness. There is always a prize to pay for such
Re: What Career Track Are You On? by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
I am on PS.
Re: What Career Track Are You On? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
I don't really know, but I know my God will lead me thru! He's the only one(God) I have!........nkem'ji ka smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am About Making A Decision That Would Cost Me My I.T Placement: Advice / Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? / Industrial Training Attachment/siwes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.