Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,906 members, 7,883,158 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

My Window 7 Laptop Refuses To Format - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Window 7 Laptop Refuses To Format (881 Views)

Help, My Hp Laptop Refuses To Boot / Can Some Body Pls Help Me With Bluetooth On My Window 7 Laptop / My Acer Laptop Refuses To Power ON. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Window 7 Laptop Refuses To Format by silvoice(m): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2015
My system had a registry issue and it kept writing " window 7 built 7601 this copy of window is not genuine" I tried formating it with window 7 bootable cd but it could not boot from the cd to enable me commence the formating.
I also tried formating it when the system in on but it refuses to proccess, showing smkind of error. Pls I need help on what to do cos I want to be able to downlaod youtube videos which has stoped downloading since the issue started.
Which window7 softwere. Should I use? Or which method should I use cos I want to clean everything on the system.
Re: My Window 7 Laptop Refuses To Format by Shawl001(m): 8:46am On Sep 23, 2015
bro, jes buy a new window7 disc... i had that same issh sometime ago, so i decided to get anoda Win7 disc and it worked perfectly. it might be having problem loading the system files before formatting...try it out.
Re: My Window 7 Laptop Refuses To Format by tommyking: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2015
Try Getting anew copy of windows7 cd, when u boot ur lappy at the first screen go to setup and config it to booth from CD, if u dont know how to do it, just try and watch the first screen properly to know which key to press thhat will take u to the setup, from there u are good to go, experience have taught me that different PC with Different way to enter setup and config, if u cannot get that done, the pull out ur hard disk and take it to anyone with a laptop that u can understand remove the HD of that lappy and insert ur then u are good to go.

NB: At the first rebooting when the formatting is almost done, dont continue with that laptop, just remove it and put it back in ur lappy and contnue from there, dont worry bout the OS CD, it doesn't need it anymore.

Let me knnow if u scale through 07063637352 whatsapp only
Re: My Window 7 Laptop Refuses To Format by silvoice(m): 9:15am On Sep 23, 2015
@posters above, thanks for ur understanding. You mean a new window 7 cd that has not been used by anybody or any genuine window 7 with key?
Re: My Window 7 Laptop Refuses To Format by lawrence7: 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
Its possible the CD That holds your copy of the windows 7 has been damaged.
Alternatively its possible you aren't going about the steps properly
what i advise you do is this
1. Insert your CD and boot from said CD.
2. Re-install windows
3. If your copy of windows is original insert your key and activate it.
4. If your copy of windows is not original download an activator anywhere online and use that to activate it so you don't see that "windows is not genuine" message again.
Re: My Window 7 Laptop Refuses To Format by silvoice(m): 8:24am On Sep 24, 2015
Wao! Guys is done, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Hp Pro Book 6360 B Intel Core I 3 / Can An Android Be Used In Posting And Updating A Blog(blogger)? / New Week's Sweet Deal From Micostar Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.