Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,715 members, 7,882,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:20 AM

Help! 5 Year Old Speech Problem - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! 5 Year Old Speech Problem (1176 Views)

Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos) / 5-Year-Old Girl Celebrates Her Father's Birthday With A Written Letter/Song / Man Catches Wife Giving 5-year-old Son ‘Mouth Action’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! 5 Year Old Speech Problem by nickishire: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2015
Dear Nlers,
My 5 year old daughter does not speak clearly and i dont know what to do. I checked her tongue and its ok. I always try to correct her but it seems there has been no changes.
I need advise from speech or behavioral therapists and parents who has experienced same.
Re: Help! 5 Year Old Speech Problem by yomibabe(f): 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
my first son was like that. he would say pish instead of fish. didn't even realities when it stopped. if really bad then take him/HER to a general hospital maybe they can refer you somewhere elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Help! 5 Year Old Speech Problem by amandame: 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
Am having the same issue with my 5years daughter too and I have advised to give her time.

1 Like

Re: Help! 5 Year Old Speech Problem by nickishire: 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
yomibabe:
my first son was like that. he would say pish instead of fish. didn't even realities when it stopped. if really bad then take him/HER to a general hospital maybe they can refer you somewhere elsewhere

Mine cannot pronounce s, she'd pronounce school as kool and stop as top.
Re: Help! 5 Year Old Speech Problem by yomibabe(f): 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
nickishire:

Mine cannot pronounce s, she'd pronounce school as kool and stop as top.
send will definitely get better as she grows. as mothers we can be worried which is normal. it made my son so withdrawn to himself but he's so good now he is now 11. just to be sure and not bother yourself take the child to a paediatricIan
Re: Help! 5 Year Old Speech Problem by nickishire: 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
yomibabe:

send will definitely get better as she grows. as mothers we can be worried which is normal. it made my son so withdrawn to himself but he's so good now he is now 11. just to be sure and not bother yourself take the child to a paediatricIan

She is going to be six years and she speaks like a 2 year old... I am sooo worried cos there is a lady i know who talks like that till now...I was told she needs a speech therapist which i cant afford.

1 Like

Re: Help! 5 Year Old Speech Problem by Control7: 9:30pm On Oct 28, 2023
nickishire:

She is going to be six years and she speaks like a 2 year old... I am sooo worried cos there is a lady i know who talks like that till now...I was told she needs a speech therapist which i cant afford.

How is she now?

Hope she can speak clearly now?

I am experiencing same with my 4 years old son.

What did you do?

(1) (Reply)

101 Top Amazing Hipster Baby Names With Meaning And Origin / (PHOTO) When Your Hustling Brother Sent You $100 And You Got #285/dollar / What Could Cause A Married Woman To Steal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.