Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,137 members, 7,931,898 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:07 PM

The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand (42466 Views)

Don’t Waste Time On 2019 Presidency, PDP Tells Fayose / Who Within The PDP Has The Best Chances Of Wining The APC In 2019?- Opinion Poll / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by orakle007: 5:37am On Sep 24, 2015
@TonyeBarcanista,ride on, your a truly a great political analyst, you are on spot,people will quote your prophecies, word for word cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 24, 2015
mikolo80:

this is how you know a true son of a pdp
no vision
you never hear of efcc
plea bargaining
ghana must go(not baba's style)
no ccb and cct
not to talk of inability to decamp without losing your seat
we control judiciary now
no be jona de dia oo

Sorry dear!! The executive has no control whatsorever over the judiciary!! Mind you not every judge can be bribed and do note that bribe can go both ways
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by lastpage: 6:04am On Sep 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc: Patriotic Wailers

chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

This list has been forwarded to the SaTANoids headquarters for immediate payment of entitlements!.

Jonathan himself has personally signed the Cheque!

Awon Oloshi gbogbo!

Maybe you once again, in your dreams like before th election, think you are more than the majority that voted-in Buhari and for APC

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by francizy(m): 6:13am On Sep 24, 2015
modath:

You are either a chelsea or a madrid fan or in the case of my husby's friend, a fan of BOTH. smiley

Hehehehehe, I don't have any specific club. In England, am a fan of any club that beats Chelsea or Man U. In Spain, am a fan of any club that beats Barcelona. That's because I believe in fairness and equity, although it is hardly attainable in the real sense.

Reasons are:
Sometimes, Barcelona rides on the freewill of referees to win matches. Man U did that in the past.
Chelsea has the most annoying and most loud mouthed hypocritical manager (just like your darlin Bubu) in the world. A man that sees nothing wrong when refs favour him but will castigate the whole English FA refs if officiating goes against him.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by lastpage: 6:16am On Sep 24, 2015
angelsing:
Hahaha hahaha... Pdp will follow your advice?.. Lmao... Who be this nobody wey no get Pdp membership card dey claim somebody.. You that no one knows on the political terrain... Even your boss them chukudabaru them dey use them dey clean yansh not to talk local champion on naira land... Pls stop that jo!... Pdp listen to u... Lol

The funny thing is he expends loads of energy, to post rubbish on Nairaland for some illiterate Yiibo "Gala Sellers" on Nairaland to clap for him! grin grin

He thinks he is somebody or some "political force" to reckon with.... and maybe by spewing these inane rubbish, he would get a "Personal Assistant" job or some sort of patronage from some sorry-butt Politician! grin grin grin

Anyway, let him waste away his "Youthful Years", that is his choice and lot in life!

Carry-on, you make some alternative "comical relief" for people like me, when l get bored and come to Niaraland!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by bettercreature(m): 6:20am On Sep 24, 2015
frankyychiji:
I could see vedaxcool and bettercreature peeping through the window, why not jump in you foools and do what you know best. Vaseline crew! cheesy
There is going to be a deadly drama from next week,we are inticipating Saraki to sacrifice Ekweremadu before 21st of october So you guy should stop dreaming of PDP producing the senate president,it will never happen

2 Likes

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Imoy(m): 6:24am On Sep 24, 2015
babaearly:

I'm not talking about this article per say but all you have been doing since moving from APC to PDP
Well i dont have a problem with that but you have been all about this like you have no life outside here
I have seen your facebook and the message i get is of an able bodied youth wasting away
I see you sitting down with your laptop and thats your dp which is quite sad.
Your mates are quite different when you see them on Linkedin but i doubt you even use that resource

Quit this road you are toeing because it will give you more misery. You might seem destined for great things
but you are channeling your emotions and will power from the wrong people to a crowd that does not even give a damn about you
Many of your "followers" are still struggling with their day to day life
and it beats me some still support you, when you support the politicians who have made a mess of their life

Think about it

Shooo, see were person dey take panadol 4 anoda man headache, Nigerians can be funny sha.

Did Tonyebarcanista ever beg u for money, data or any kind of assistance?

Why do u feel he has no other life apart from Nairaland?

Whatever happen to freedom of choice?

Oga abeg abeg respect urself, since he never asked for ur favor u hve no moral right to say he is "wasting".

Just read the article, ignore if u cnt criticize constructively.

U APC folks are jst dsame. Attacking the messenger instead of the message.
Reminds me a lot about my man Demdem cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by sweatlana: 6:48am On Sep 24, 2015
Tonye Barcanista making us proud as usual.

You're the man Bro...

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Icecomrade: 7:02am On Sep 24, 2015
babaearly:

I've been following your posts but i must say you are a misguided youth
It will be wise if you channel your efforts into nation building rather than fighting along party lines
This same saraki you are rooting for has great skeletons that has been laid bare,
then why are you now turning it into a party battle affair? instead of eschewing corruption and stand by the law that has made thieving politicians being docked and stripped of all they stole when they got the chance to make things better for their people, here you are turning the law to a joke and into a party battle affair? what's wrong with you?
It's young people like you that will still say ibori was witch-hunted till this day.

How long will you caress the ego of pdp hoping to get a job from them? Why will you be this selfish and oblivious to the reality at hand?
These politicians are using you or you wish to use yourself for their corrupt plans but why will a young mind like you go to waste?

what message are you passing across to other youths, rather unemployed like you?

You think the issue of Saraki is a war against corruption.
Charges has been laid against him, has he been convicted.
What a naive mind u got.
It's obvious that you are deranged and ignorantly misguided.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Icecomrade: 7:04am On Sep 24, 2015
babaearly:

I'm not talking about this article per say but all you have been doing since moving from APC to PDP
Well i dont have a problem with that but you have been all about this like you have no life outside here
I have seen your facebook and the message i get is of an able bodied youth wasting away
I see you sitting down with your laptop and thats your dp which is quite sad.
Your mates are quite different when you see them on Linkedin but i doubt you even use that resource

Quit this road you are toeing because it will give you more misery. You might seem destined for great things
but you are channeling your emotions and will power from the wrong people to a crowd that does not even give a damn about you
Many of your "followers" are still struggling with their day to day life
and it beats me some still support you, when you support the politicians who have made a mess of their life

Think about it

Another Goat on Nairaland
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by kheni28(m): 7:04am On Sep 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The travails of Abubakar Bukola Saraki has opened a new chapter in the Senate and possible a vacuum in the office of the Senate President. We have to be honest with ourselves: Bukola Saraki has lost the moral ground to preside over the Senate Chambers. He has to step down voluntarily, and allow for someone without a moral burden to fill the vacuum. We are not unaware that the ruling APC is already scheming for replacement of Saraki. We also cannot feign ignorance to the fact that the APC is still bitter that senator Ike Ekweremadu of PDP emerged Deputy Senate President. They are plotting to oust him also and install their "choice". The PDP must wake up and take the battle to APC over full control of the Senate. PDP must seize full control of the red chambers.

The Reason APC and Buhari Want Saraki Down:
Make no mistake, Nigerians of good conscience want the senate president to answer for the 13 charges against him, and some want him to step down from his exalted office on moral ground. However, APC and the Presidency want Saraki to go down so as to have their stooge as Senate President. They are not interested in fighting corruption. If they were, they wouldn't have brought Saraki into the Senate in the first place. If Buhari was interested in fighting corruption he wouldn't have withdrawn the N2.8 billion corruption charge against ex-Bayelsa state governor Timpre Sylva, and even gifted him with the party guber ticket for the December election. If Buhari is serious with corruption fight, he would be prosecuting Pa Abubabakar Audu on his ongoing corruption case instead of campaigning for him to return to Lokoja Government House in order to continue where he stopped in the alleged looting spree that went under him as governor between 1999 and 2003. Buhari and APC want Saraki to go down simply because they wanted total control of the Senate and also to share Senate standing committees from the comfort of Buhari's presidential lodge and Tinubu's bedroom in bourdillon road.

The Upper-hand Is With PDP:
The Senate composes of 109 Senators. The PDP has 49, while the APC enjoys 60. Of the APC 60, about 12(including Saraki) are seen as rebels and has been ostracised by their party. The PDP must meet these pro-Saraki APC minority group to present a PDP candidate from NC as Saraki's successor(anybody but David Mark). The APC rebels should be rewarded with membership/chairmanship of choice standing committees. With 61 senators(49 PDP Se+ 12 APC) behind PDP candiate, the party stand as "Majority" to defeat whoever the gods of APC present as their candidate because APC will be left with 48 senators. A very wide majority. Considering that PDP need a minimum 55 senators for this battle, 61 will be more than required. This is enough to humble APC.

Saraki Must Make Up With PDP
As for Bukola Saraki, he is unfortunate to be served the same meal he served former president Goodluck Jonathan and PDP. However, he has to repent and respond to his alleged offence. But, he should be told that the only way he can redeem his betrayals towards PDP is by supporting a PDP candidate to succeed him. This will also defeat the evil mechanism of Buhari and other APC gods.

Finally, the PDP must not let go of this rare opportunity to legitimately control the Senate and have the Umbrella standing in the office of the Senate President. Buhari will have no choice but to work with PDP-led Senate.

Let's teach APC how to play politics.

May God Bless Nigeria
Power To The People

Guy look for something better to do.. ur point is just SO LOPsidED... Partisan wailer#
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by nobeku: 7:05am On Sep 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The travails of Abubakar Bukola Saraki has opened a new chapter in the Senate and possible a vacuum in the office of the Senate President. We have to be honest with ourselves: Bukola Saraki has lost the moral ground to preside over the Senate Chambers. He has to step down voluntarily, and allow for someone without a moral burden to fill the vacuum. We are not unaware that the ruling APC is already scheming for replacement of Saraki. We also cannot feign ignorance to the fact that the APC is still bitter that senator Ike Ekweremadu of PDP emerged Deputy Senate President. They are plotting to oust him also and install their "choice". The PDP must wake up and take the battle to APC over full control of the Senate. PDP must seize full control of the red chambers.

The Reason APC and Buhari Want Saraki Down:
Make no mistake, Nigerians of good conscience want the senate president to answer for the 13 charges against him, and some want him to step down from his exalted office on moral ground. However, APC and the Presidency want Saraki to go down so as to have their stooge as Senate President. They are not interested in fighting corruption. If they were, they wouldn't have brought Saraki into the Senate in the first place. If Buhari was interested in fighting corruption he wouldn't have withdrawn the N2.8 billion corruption charge against ex-Bayelsa state governor Timpre Sylva, and even gifted him with the party guber ticket for the December election. If Buhari is serious with corruption fight, he would be prosecuting Pa Abubabakar Audu on his ongoing corruption case instead of campaigning for him to return to Lokoja Government House in order to continue where he stopped in the alleged looting spree that went under him as governor between 1999 and 2003. Buhari and APC want Saraki to go down simply because they wanted total control of the Senate and also to share Senate standing committees from the comfort of Buhari's presidential lodge and Tinubu's bedroom in bourdillon road.

The Upper-hand Is With PDP:
The Senate composes of 109 Senators. The PDP has 49, while the APC enjoys 60. Of the APC 60, about 12(including Saraki) are seen as rebels and has been ostracised by their party. The PDP must meet these pro-Saraki APC minority group to present a PDP candidate from NC as Saraki's successor(anybody but David Mark). The APC rebels should be rewarded with membership/chairmanship of choice standing committees. With 61 senators(49 PDP Se+ 12 APC) behind PDP candiate, the party stand as "Majority" to defeat whoever the gods of APC present as their candidate because APC will be left with 48 senators. A very wide majority. Considering that PDP need a minimum 55 senators for this battle, 61 will be more than required. This is enough to humble APC.

Saraki Must Make Up With PDP
As for Bukola Saraki, he is unfortunate to be served the same meal he served former president Goodluck Jonathan and PDP. However, he has to repent and respond to his alleged offence. But, he should be told that the only way he can redeem his betrayals towards PDP is by supporting a PDP candidate to succeed him. This will also defeat the evil mechanism of Buhari and other APC gods.

Finally, the PDP must not let go of this rare opportunity to legitimately control the Senate and have the Umbrella standing in the office of the Senate President. Buhari will have no choice but to work with PDP-led Senate.

Let's teach APC how to play politics.

May God Bless Nigeria
Power To The People
Now I understand why alot of folks think that you are deranged...
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by nobeku: 7:09am On Sep 24, 2015
babaearly:

I've been following your posts but i must say you are a misguided youth
It will be wise if you channel your efforts into nation building rather than fighting along party lines
This same saraki you are rooting for has great skeletons that has been laid bare,
then why are you now turning it into a party battle affair? instead of eschewing corruption and stand by the law that has made thieving politicians being docked and stripped of all they stole when they got the chance to make things better for their people, here you are turning the law to a joke and into a party battle affair? what's wrong with you?
It's young people like you that will still say ibori was witch-hunted till this day.

How long will you caress the ego of pdp hoping to get a job from them? Why will you be this selfish and oblivious to the reality at hand?
These politicians are using you or you wish to use yourself for their corrupt plans but why will a young mind like you go to waste?

what message are you passing across to other youths, rather unemployed like you?
My brethren, you are making so much sense.. I will love to Bitch-Slap that ASSWIPE called Barcanista..
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by kheni28(m): 7:09am On Sep 24, 2015
g4everybody:
Nice writeup, but i dont see saraki steping down between now and 2019, as usual, apc and other clowns wil make noice, but cant unseat him

So APC knows he has skeleton in his cupboard and he was given the party senatorial ticket, and they brand it change. Nigerians wont have heard anything about Bukola saraki if only he succumb to party supremacy. So who is fooling who
Saraki was not given any senatorial ticket.... he is in charge of kwara.....
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by favourlove1: 7:10am On Sep 24, 2015
planetuzor:
And you think APC and Tinubu are fools.. They fought successfully as opposition without loosing much battle and yet came out un scattered, talk of when they now have control..

I laugh you in Spanish grin grin grin grin
politics is a game numbers n if pdp senators out numbers d of Apc sorry na tinumbu n apc names. But y d tussle? Y is tinumbu so interested of controlling d senate? Is that also his property?
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by favourlove1: 7:18am On Sep 24, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"there is nothing to be proud about this country, just when you feel that corruption is going down, it keeps fighting its way out". Quote me anywhere.
I don't see this as fighting corruption but corruption in its fullness. Apc fighting Saraki shows how divided n irresponsible they are. So they accepted a corrupt person into the senate in d first place. N cuz he took what belongs to them they decide to rubish Him. That isn't fighting corruption. If saraki hasn't emerged as senate president believe me we wount have this.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by favourlove1: 7:24am On Sep 24, 2015
APC is a cry baby. It dint pain them when saraki rubbished PDP to join them. They welcomed him with open hands. Used him to win elections n now wants to throw him out in the cold. Saraki is a die hard. He remains influencial with or without the senate seat. Tinumbu should continue to usurp power for his clan one day he would realize that politics isn't all about black mail cuz in no distant time that which he fed saraki would be served to him chilled. Apc is worse than PDP in all ramification.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by gunuvi(m): 7:42am On Sep 24, 2015
lastpage:

This list has been forwarded to the SaTANoids headquarters for immediate payment of entitlements!.

Jonathan himself has personally signed the Cheque!

Awon Oloshi gbogbo!

Maybe you once again, in your dreams like before th election, think you are more than the majority that voted-in Buhari and for APC

Lastpage!
Oponu alainironu. Lying liers that has nothing tangible to say but nonsense. Senior child of anger.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Firefire(m): 8:04am On Sep 24, 2015
gunuvi:

Oponu alainironu. Lying liers that has nothing tangible to say but nonsense. Senior child of anger.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by 989900: 8:14am On Sep 24, 2015
Rotimi47:
OP did you put the probability of some PDP senators defecting to APC into consideration?

No. He can't; myopia/delusion won't let him.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by nigerianvenom(m): 8:14am On Sep 24, 2015
Firefire:

David Mark that could not build a befitting police post in his constituency with all the millions collected for constituency allowance.

cheesy

they'll show u the one he never did and ignored the ones he did.that's Nigeria for u my bro
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by TheFreeOne: 8:16am On Sep 24, 2015
lekahm:

So Hw den do u expect the masses to win?

The shenanigans of our public figures will continually be exposed and it will increase masses revulsion which may sooner lead to mass revolt. The mistake these politicians are making is that there's so much awareness now than before coupled with challenges of day to day living that is becoming a herculean task as the economy nosedive into recession if care is not taken.

The masses/regions will eventually take their destiny in their hands via protests/actions (calls for BIAFRA is already in the offing) which may lead to balkanisation or a total change in the polity that keeps recycling the same people that ruined this country.

I still insists the only genuine change we need is to restructure the country so that regions/states will control their resources and contribute to the centre as this will engender competition and development amongst regions. Failure to do this will only make us go around in circles whilst we keep deceiving ourselves.

And for Gods sake are we truly a nation NO. We are what the yorubas calls 'adalu' mixture where our differences as tribes/cultures/ethnicities can be glaringly seen though selfish politicians turned deaf/blind to that reality but rather pursued the path of injustice/slavery for selfish interests.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by nigerianvenom(m): 8:16am On Sep 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
APC should forget about the Senate Presidency. They shall be beaten in this game.

@NigerianVenom: David Mark don try, we need a new face in that office.

example of the new face
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by 989900: 8:18am On Sep 24, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
Barcanista is under the impression that there are guiding principles for the political parties in Nigeria. It is all about selfish interests. If Saraki's boat is sinking, his peers in the National Assembly will switch allegiance faster than one can say PDP. The outcome of the recent election and subsequent cross-carpeting to APC is a clear manifestation of how badly politicians want to identify with any party at the helm of affairs. Saraki has very few loyalists. You can take it to the bank.

Didn't you learn anything about betrayal from the friends/loyalists GEJ thought he had?
/

Well said.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Chigold101(m): 8:20am On Sep 24, 2015
aresa:

You mean the next Kirikiri resident for forgery?

Both Saraki and ewedu or whatever you call him is heading to jail just like his master
when people who don't understand the dynamics of politics talk it always sound funny.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Chigold101(m): 8:25am On Sep 24, 2015
nigerianvenom:

example of the new face
we have 49 PDP senators there is no way we can't someone there who can do better aside David Mark

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by orobopasiosio(m): 8:32am On Sep 24, 2015
If u want to live long, pls stay off drugs.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by frankyychiji(f): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2015
bettercreature:
There is going to be a deadly drama from next week,we are inticipating Saraki to sacrifice Ekweremadu before 21st of october So you guy should stop dreaming of PDP producing the senate president,it will never happen
Ok nau! Lets go there!! grin grin

You have also forgotten that Ekweremadu emerged through a democratic process.

You are also invariably telling me what i already know that dinho is not really fighting corruption but witch-hunting perceived enemies.
NO WAHALA!
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by bettercreature(m): 9:01am On Sep 24, 2015
frankyychiji:
Ok nau! Lets go there!! grin grin

You have also forgotten that Ekweremadu emerged through a democratic process.

You are also invariably telling me what i already know that dinho is not really fighting corruption but witch-hunting perceived enemies.
NO WAHALA!
Ekweremadu is presently in a wrong place,they are going to remove him through democratic process,just wait and watch as the drama unfold
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by precious1967(m): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2015
PDP should wait 4 d tribunal outcome b4 talking about substitute.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by frankyychiji(f): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2015
bettercreature:
Ekweremadu is presently in a wrong place,they are going to remove him through democratic process,just wait and watch as the drama unfold
Ok nau! Lets gooo there!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Yola Kills 40, Including Five Soldiers / Dino Melaye Mocks Ibrahim Magu (Video) / The Outfit An Ex-Soldier Wore In Imo State(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.