Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,829 members, 7,972,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:18 AM

3 Keys To Trusting The Truth Of God's Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Keys To Trusting The Truth Of God's Word (483 Views)

The Unrevealed Truth Of The Antichrist / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed / 7 Benefits Of Trusting The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Keys To Trusting The Truth Of God's Word by IamGodsOwn(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2015
When God speaks, faith has to connect to His Word because if you allow only your feelings to connect, no root can be formed. ~ Mz Liz
Imagine Earth without plants, animals or any living things, just a barren place of soil, rock and water. The Bible said it was dark and void. There was nothing, no Garden of Eden, no habitable place... until a Voice spoke in the darkness. This is the stuff that sci-fi movies are made of - the ultimate 'special effects'.

Now imagine giraffes and elephants and horses and every kind of animal rising out of the ground, fully formed, unique to their breed. Camels rising out of desert sand. Whales emerging from barren waters. Fish teeming where there were none!

God demonstrated His power and dominion with every word He spoke. God said - "Let there be... stars... fish... animals... birds... plants" and suddenly, things that were not - became! Talk about word-power! Every molecule and atom obeyed His spoken Word.

We see that same power many times in the New Testament. Remember when Jesus told Simon Peter, "Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught." Suddenly, every fish in the Sea of Galilee showed up around those boats, just waiting to be caught! (See Luke 5) I don't imagine any of those fish said to themselves, "Nah, I don't want to go over there, I think I'll just stay here in the shallows." No, they obeyed the call of the Master.

How many times did Jesus feed multitudes and restore wholeness to lepers, and the lame, maimed and mentally deranged? Can you imagine a leper whose fingers and toes were eaten up with sores, whose face was pock-marked or worse, being restored to wholeness? Suddenly, baby-soft skin covered his entire body with no parts missing! Or imagine the man in Lystra who walked and leaped when Paul said loudly, "Stand upright on thy feet!" (Acts 14:10) That man's bones and muscles, tendons and ligaments, changed instantly.

The Bible says Paul 'perceived' that the lame man had faith to be healed. When Jesus healed the woman with the issue of blood, He said to her, "Thy faith has made thee whole." Apparently, faith is the key to seeing the power of God's Word manifested in our personal circumstances. Paul explained it this way, For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them; but the Word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter into [His] rest (Heb. 4:2-3).

To rest in the promises of God, to trust the truth of His Word, you must have faith to believe without doubt or fear. Since faith cometh by hearing, every time you read the Bible or one of these articles, listen to a Word-based teacher or speak the word to yourself, faith comes. Faith grows in proportion to the amount of Word you feed it. How do I know? Because God said "faith cometh."

For instance, God told Abraham, "I have made thee a father of many nations." Abraham believed Him, accepting His Word as Truth. It didn't matter than he was o-l-d, or that his wife, Sarah, was barren. God said... and Abraham knew it had to come to pass. Admittedly, it took Abraham a while to develop his faith to fully believe God's Word, but he got there... and ended up exactly where God said he would.

Romans 4:17 explains, God quickeneth the dead and calleth those things that be not as though they were. When God said, "I have made thee" that phrase was past tense. Abraham's lineage was part of God's plan before the foundation of the world. So is yours!

The process of believing God's Word as Truth is the same for you and me as it was for Abraham. After he screwed up with Hagar (no pun intended!) and had a child by Sarah's servant, he got serious. God said to Abraham that his family would number the stars in the sky or the sand on the shore. Every time Abraham stepped outside his tent, he saw either sand or stars, continually reminding him of God's promise.
Genesis 21:1 says, And the Lord visited Sarah as He had said, and the Lord did unto Sarah as He had spoken. Their grandson, Jacob, had twelve sons who became the patriarchs of the twelve tribes of Israel. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Think about what Mary, the mother of Jesus, said to the servants at the wedding feast. "Whatever He says to you, do it." She knew that if Jesus spoke to the situation, something would happen... and it did! The water turned into wine (See John 2). On another occasion, He spoke to a fig tree and it died. He spoke to the storm and it stopped. He told Peter to 'come' and Peter walked on water (until his fear interfered)!

God's Word works. Hebrews 1:3 describes it as the word of His power. That's what makes it true. His power is in His Word. Paul admitted in his letter to the Thessalonians, For our Gospel came unto you not in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Ghost and in much assurance (v. 1:5). Paul trusted that whatever he spoke according to the Word of God was assured, certain.

Paul became a mighty man of God, strong in faith. Forgetting those things that are behind, He gave up his preconceived ideas and set aside things he had previously relied on (Roman citizenship, Jewish leadership, education, etc.) He pressed - put pressure on the Word, looking toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. The message Bible says it this way: I've got my eye on the goal, I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back (Phil 3:14). He was not one of the original twelve Disciples, but he eventually authored almost two-thirds of the New Testament. More than any other man except Jesus Himself, Paul has taught and strengthened the faith of those who believe.

There are two important precepts in Paul's comment that will help you trust fully in the truth and power of God's Word.

First, forget those things that are behind. Nothing matters from this moment back. You can't change it, or undo it. The only thing you can do, like Paul, is move on. That means your failures, doubts, anger, even the joys of yesterday are over and gone. When he said, "I have wronged no man," he fully believed in his own rebirth from the man he was before that incident in Damascus. Maybe you didn't see the manifestation of God's promise yesterday. So what! Today is a new day. Don't let your faith slip just because the clock keeps ticking.

Next, press toward the mark. Put pressure on the Word with your whole heart and mind. Repeat your confessions with more determination. Get tenacious. I know you want your problem solved, but change your motive. Press toward the manifestation of God's power so that others may see the result and give thanks to God. Jesus said, Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in Heaven (Matt. 5:16). The harder you press, the more sure your victory.

How hard should you press? As hard as you can! I heard of a woman who had pancreatic cancer. She decided to take God at His Word. At least a hundred times a day, she said, "Cancer, you can't kill me. God is healing my body right now. Jesus bore my pain and infirmities and with His stripes, I was healed!" Day after day for months and months, she refused to let up - and she received her healing! Are you willing to press that hard?

Don't quit. The only way you can lose is to give up. Strong faith won't let you do that. Paul explained that in Hebrews: Let us hold fast to the profession of our faith without wavering (for He is faithful who promised) (v 10:23). God's faith is not on the line. Everything He speaks happens in His timing and plan. It's our faith that wavers, questioning 'why' or 'when' or 'how'. Strong faith doesn't care about logistics. It believes God. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God (1 John 5:5).

That woman with cancer didn't stop until she got what she was believing for, just like the woman with the issue of blood. That lady crawled into the crowd believing she just had to touch Jesus' hem to be healed - and she was! (See Luke cool If you'd been bleeding for twelve years, would you have the strength and determination to do what she did?

When Jesus taught the Parable of the Sower, only twenty-five percent of the people who heard the word sown received a harvest. Why? Because they were distracted, distraught or disgusted. Some scoffed and rejected what they heard. Others refused to hang on to what they heard. And some got sidetracked with other things. But those who grabbed hold (pressed), ultimately received some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold (Matt. 13:23).

Truth can only make you free if you are willing to trust The Word completely. We receive the promise of the Spirit through faith (Gal. 3:14). Faith is your guarantee, your title deed, to the promise. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Heb. 11:1). Grab hold of His Word and press forward - building faith, patience and determination until you see the manifestation in your life.

Source: http://ideahublog..com.ng/2015/09/3-keys-to-trusting-truth-of-gods-word.html

(1) (Reply)

Who Is God To You? / The Boy Who Used To Delay His Prayer / Prevailing Chaotic Relationships Among Men, Only Jesus Christ Has The Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.