Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,132 members, 7,890,798 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:45 PM

What's Up With The Ccb? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Up With The Ccb? (276 Views)

Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps / Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case / The CCB's Ongoing Prosecution of Saraki Is Constitutional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Up With The Ccb? by debaj10: 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
I know Saraki's all the rage right now, trending in all social media portals, due to his palaver at the Code of Conduct Bureau.
Personally, I think all political office holders since independence- and their family members- should be 'asked' to return monies they (definitely) 'took' while in office. And any who took our money abroad should be locked up- primarily for denying us the benefits of the funds working in Nigeria for Nigerians.
Anyhow, that's just me.
But I've got a few questions regarding their operations-

1. I thought they were supposed to release Buhari's authorised assets declaration file? What happened? Did I miss it? Or are we meant to simply accept the list that one of his minions read out to the press? Abi 100 days neva pas for ccb syd?

2. How do they really operate- How do they tackle cases, if a 13 year old case is among the first few they seem to be pursuing in the anti-corruption war?

3. What other on-going investigations do they have- from Saraki's time?

4. Is it true that during their investigations they were supposed to inform Saraki of any discrepancies in his declaration and request a response to any allegations in writing?

5. I read in Wednesday's Vanguard that if he'd actually written to CCB acknowledging his 'faults' that the matter was supposed to die there. Is that true?

6. Is this the same kind of loophole that Tinubu used to escape prosecution?

7. Is it true that the heads of the CCB and EFCC have questions to answer regarding their personal conduct and integrity?

Whatever the truth, you and I know he'll get out of it. But I hope this isn't the reason for delaying the ministerial list till the last minute o! 'Cos I don't understand why Buhari can't just get 36 people he 'trusts' from his CPC days.
...so dat make pepe rest.

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Officially Rolls Out Office 2016 / Devt Of Nigeria Depends On Labour Force, Says Perm Sec / I Slept On Bare Ground, Trekked Several Kilometres – Falae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.