Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,313 members, 7,947,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd (776 Views)

NNPC May Reduce The Price Of Fuel Soon / Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times / Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by BlackPeni5: 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2015
If I can remember very well...This is exactly what Jonathan was saying before the elections or is Jonathan still the president.

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) says it may sell refineries that fail to work optimally by the expiration of the 90-day ultimatum for their rehabilitation.

Dr Ibe Kachikwu, the NNPC Group Managing Director, disclosed this at an interactive session with news men in Lagos.

Kachikwu said “by the end of December when the 90-day ultimatum will expire, any refinery that does not work optimally will be sold.

“I am determined to make a difference during my tenure. We are losing N2.2 trillion monthly to refinery inefficiency. As at today, the average refining performance is 30 per cent.

“If by December, the refineries don’t work, I will export crude allocation and import refined petroleum products until we fix the refineries.

“Right now, the Port Harcourt refinery is showing signs that it will meet the December deadline.

“However, I am not saying Warri and Kaduna refineries will not meet the deadline, but I hope they all make it, so that we can continue to utilise our crude allocation to boost domestic refining.’’

Kachikwu expressed the hope that the NNPC cash call arrears, which stood at N1.1 trillion, would be settled by the end of December 2015.

“By December, I hope to settle all the cash call arrears and grow Nigerian Petroleum Development Corporation (NPDC) to where it is supposed to be,’’ he said.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/09/nnpc-may-sell-refineries-that-dont-meet-ultimatum-on-rehabilitation-gmd/
Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by enkay2go(f): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by wordcat(m): 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2015
E don happen
Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
wailers where art thou
Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by rozayx5(m): 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
GEJ getting vindicated

bh still exist
subsidy still exist
price of fuel still high
stockmarket struggling
no ministers
no economic direction

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by Iykopee(m): 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
Are we moving from bad to worse? Within 3 months in power the APC govt has become practically useless while the DAFTUS from daura is busy travelling from one part of the world to anoda. Such a shame we have lost the number spot as africa giant
Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by nickxtra(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
I thought when OBJ sold same refineries then, he was called names and the sales reversed? So, now is the better time to sell them, just asking?
Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by TheFreeOne: 5:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
What's the need of fetching water with a basket. Does it make economic sense

I bet it does to naija politicians when it suits their interests or otherwise.
Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by basilo101: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
we are all enjoying the dividends of GEJs privatisation of PHCN, he wanted to sell the refineries after the TAM so as to fetch the govt more money. if buhari is serious, he should initiate the process of selling the refineries and stop claiming wat GEJ initiated
Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by stanech: 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Nigerians have been scammed
Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by TheFreeOne: 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
rozayx5:
GEJ getting vindicated

bh still exist
subsidy still exist
price of fuel still high
stockmarket struggling
no ministers
no economic direction

3 Likes

Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by kenny987(f): 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
So the ineptitude of the Nigerian govt is such that we cannot own and control anything effectively? This is so shameful! What is in these refineries that they cannot fix? The amount of money spent on them is enough to have built new ones with more up-to-date technology!

When will d govt ever live up to its responsibility? After selling them will they build new ones or will we remain one country that abnormally produces raw materials but cannot convert for domestic use and will rather resort to exporting raw materials and importing finished goods?

Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by Bevista: 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
wink
Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by Firefire(m): 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2015
rozayx5:
GEJ getting vindicated

bh still exist
subsidy still exist
price of fuel still high
stockmarket struggling
no ministers
no economic direction

The Liar party has no clue of the challenges facing Nigeria before making all the fake promises.

APC, Party of propagandist and career liars. - Lie Mohammed.
Re: Nnpc May Sell Refineries - Gmd by Agwoden(m): 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
Which refineries are this people blabbing about? Is it the ones they insulted GEJ up and down? They must fix them o. Ehn wait o, I thought they said bubu's body language had fix them and they were working?

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Airport In The Country Of The Kingdom Of Western Nigeria / Breaking!!!! Ncc Are Robbing Nigerians!!!!! / Why Did Barcanista Die For The New Tonye To Ressurect. I Miss The Old Barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.