Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,544 members, 7,885,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2660847 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
Garykasparov:
Good morning all,
I have been wondering why JesusDway has not been responding, just felt perhaps he is having a tight schedule to have come online. what can we do to bring him back. i barely know how things work on this NL, na canada stuffs bring me here. @etfash pls do all you can or contact him to re-register with another email and handle e.g JesusStillDway or something....Lol.

I have an inquiry; How long does the OntarioPNP process last? From the time you apply to the time you get nominated?

Secondly, WES assesses ICAN as "Two years professional study" there has been doubts if it flies as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" for primary applicants.
However, As the primary applicant, i intend to assess my wife's ICAN for spouse's "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical in school, or other institute"

will this fly?

1) OINP is expected to get completed within 90 days, once an application is certified complete. Ontario will respond to questions from applicants after this period.

2) By 'fly', do you mean higher CRS? Kindly recast.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
irondome:

You are required to do your medicals before final application submission. Please note that if you submit your application without uploading the medical summary assessment form, your visa application would be refused.
For the medicals, look through the list of appproved panel doctors in Nigeria. Give one of them a call to schedule an appointment. Present yourself for the test. You would get a receipt and medical assessment sheet. Upload the sheet in the appropriate space in your application.
Most applicants usually get the medical passed status in 1-3 days after final application submission.

Thanks boss! Is it possible to change NOC after ITA? Just wondering....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2016
Good afternoon everyone. First Jesus day, please return ooo.Justwise please help facilitate this.
Irondome,Etfash,zandora,garyskapa.... please help me,I would like to now if the gift deed fir my POP has to be on the Lawyers letter head or on A4 paper....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
deesmom:
Good afternoon everyone. First Jesus day, please return ooo.Justwise please help facilitate this.
Irondome,Etfash,zandora,garyskapa.... please help me,I would like to now if the gift deed fir my POP has to be on the Lawyers letter head or on A4 paper....

Anyone would do just fine. Seen applicants who used plain paper successfully. Any option that gives you rest of mind
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2016
bubsykay:

Thanks boss! Is it possible to change NOC after ITA? Just wondering....

No sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2016
Etfash:

1) OINP is expected to get completed within 90 days, once an application is certified complete. Ontario will respond to questions from applicants after this period.

2) By 'fly', do you mean higher CRS? Kindly recast.

By "fly" i mean will the ICAN assessed as "Two years professional study" be used to gain points from spouse's education.

In your response, you mean it takes an average of 3months for Ontanrio to nominate you upon accepting their PNP with your complete documentations?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
irondome:

No sir.

Thank you sir! Saw few people that claimed they did on the Canadianvisa site thou, its between 2 closed related duties based on reference received.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 2:08pm On Jan 18, 2016
Garykasparov:

By "fly" i mean will the ICAN assessed as "Two years professional study" be used to gain points from spouse's education.

In your response, you mean it takes an average of 3months for Ontanrio to nominate you upon accepting their PNP with your complete documentations?

I think yes to one and a certain yes to two.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
Garykasparov:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2016
bubsykay:

Thank you sir! Saw few people that claimed they did on the Canadianvisa site thou, its between 2 closed related duties based on reference received.
Have those guys received their PPRs. You usually can't change information that fetches you your ITA points without consequence. One thing I know from some applicants' GCMS notes is that CIC agents would always compare your ITA profile with your final application profile. Any material change would definitely attract a refusal. While a change of NOC doesn't directly impact your point, however, such change does attract a suspicion of fraud/misrepresentation.

If the NOCs are indeed similar, I would suggest you keep the old NOC and tweak your job description instead (where possible)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hello friends in the house,please i had like to know what CRS score will one with IELTS 7.5,6,6,7 get.
My Credential Evaluation states 3 years diploma and 1 year post graduate.
Am single too
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2016
irondome:

Have those guys received their PPRs. You usually can't change information that fetches you your ITA points without consequence. One thing I know from some applicants' GCMS notes is that CIC agents would always compare your ITA profile with your final application profile. Any material change would definitely attract a refusal. While a change of NOC doesn't directly impact your point, however, such change does attract a suspicion of fraud/misrepresentation.
If the NOCs are indeed similar, I would suggest you keep the old NOC and tweak your job description instead (where possible)

Really appreciate boss! God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 2:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
bubsykay:

Ideally, those sort of information should even be locked in. Check if you can edit it, if yes, then you may give it a try, if there has been a successful precedence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2016
irondome:

Ideally, those sort of information should even be locked in. Check if you can edit it, if yes, then you may give it a try, if there has been a successful precedence.

I don't know if their applications have been successful but it is editable from the profile, I don't think its worth the risk! I will rather decline and edit the profile while we wait for another draw or make do with what we have.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
irondome:

If you have to change it, Make sure you support with a very good letter of explanation.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
bubsykay:

I don't know if their applications have been successful but it is editable from the profile, I don't think its worth the risk! I will rather decline and edit the profile while we wait for another draw or make do with what we have.

Don't decline if the NOC code are similar. Back up the change with a good letter of explanation and upload it along with your reference letter or space provided for LOE. Explain why the change and reiterate the fact that the change does not affect your point.

And if you are not comfortable with that, you may decline. Totally your call.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2016
Etfash:

@etfash, Thank you for your response, but, you seem unsure of the answer to my question, the stakes are high here.

Please house, @zandora,@dupsyoo

WES assesses ICAN as "Two years professional study" there has been doubts if it flies as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" for primary applicants.
However, as the primary applicant, i intend to assess my wife's ICAN for spouse's "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical in school, or other institute" To this end, will i be able to gain points from her education
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
Are you only evaluating her ICAN? If yes, then I believe you should be able to get points under "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical in school, or other institute". However, this will only give you 7 points.

Garykasparov:

@etfash, Thank you for your response, but, you seem unsure of the answer to my question, the stakes are high here.

Please house, @zandora,@dupsyoo

WES assesses ICAN as "Two years professional study" there has been doubts if it flies as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" for primary applicants.
However, as the primary applicant, i intend to assess my wife's ICAN for spouse's "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical in school, or other institute" To this end, will i be able to gain points from her education

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
bubsykay:

Yes it is very possible to change your NOC after ITA. I myself changed my NOC from 1114 (which I received my ITA under) to 1312 (which I submitted my app under) with no problem and I didn't even explain this in my letter of explanation. I believe that if I hadn't changed my NOC there's a high possibility that I would have been refused since 1312 aligned better with my skills. I would advise you to change yours to a more suitable NOC prior to submission as this doesn't affect your score hence you can change it. I also know a few ppl who changed theirs without any hassle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
zandora:

Yes it is very possible to change your NOC after ITA. I myself changed my NOC from 1114 (which I received my ITA under) to 1312 (which I submitted my app under) with no problem and I didn't even explain this in my letter of explanation. I believe that if I hadn't changed my NOC there's a high possibility that I would have been refused since 1312 aligned better with my skills. I would advise you to change yours to a more suitable NOC prior to submission as this doesn't affect your score hence you can change it. I also know a few ppl who changed theirs without any hassle.

Thank you so much!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:08pm On Jan 18, 2016
Oh well...lemme goan put my akant in order cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
@zandora
For your perusal.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kokobi99: 11:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
irondome:

Uncle, you sure say you calculate the thing well sha? Hope you scrolled down to see your over CRS at the bottom of the page?

I estimated your AGE as 29 (fresh grad with 3 years exp) and your IELTS as CLB (L-R-S-W 8-7-7-7) and got a CRS of 429. A CLB of 9 in Ilets is easily achievable with good prep and practice.

I scored 357 not 429. Age 29, I and my wife both have masters degree, both of us has 3 and 4 years work experience respectively, IELTS currently is 6 in all band.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kokobi99: 11:22pm On Jan 18, 2016
Thanks all the people who have answered my questions. Appreciation!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 4:27am On Jan 19, 2016
Garykasparov:
@zandora
For your perusal.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by monique2002(f): 4:57am On Jan 19, 2016
kokobi99:

I scored 357 not 429. Age 29, I and my wife both have masters degree, both of us has 3 and 4 years work experience respectively, IELTS currently is 6 in all band.

I don't normally comment on this thread, but if both you and your wife rewrite ielts and score CLB level 9 in all subjects, you will be getting a crs score of 472. You do not need provincial nomination.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 6:14am On Jan 19, 2016
monique2002:

I don't normally comment on this thread, but if both you and your wife rewrite ielts and score CLB level 9 in all subjects, you will be getting a crs score of 472. You do not need provincial nomination.

Exactly, both of them should re-attempt their IELTS, anyone with a CLB 9 should be the principal applicant.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 6:18am On Jan 19, 2016
zandora:

Great, much needed confirmation of successful precedent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justwise(m): 7:00am On Jan 19, 2016
deesmom:

Done.

..but there is no excuse for blatantly breaking the rule and claim ignorant of it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 19, 2016
monique2002:

They will need to prepare hard to achieve this because 104000 naira is at stake here and ielts can be funny at times
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 9:01am On Jan 19, 2016
shodexy:

They will need to prepare hard to achieve this because 104000 naira is at stake here and ielts can be funny at times

The 104k is the motivation to nail it at once and it is easier when they study and prepare together, its very helpful

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:40am On Jan 19, 2016
Hi Everyone! I wanna thank you all for the solidarity in bringing me back at this time as i got 6days less the time placed on my ban for an innocent mistake. Special thanks to Etfash, Deesom and all those who championed this, and also to those who have kept the thread alive like Irondome and the rest, of course not leaving out OUR BRAINY ZANDY (you single guys should shine your eyes very well o, especially those who won't be getting ITA soon grin)

Ok so, back to business. For those asking whether ICAN assessment will count towards getting points for 2 or more certificates, please note that any assessment result that does not equate whatever the qualification is as being a degree or a diploma or a certificate, won't get any score under educational factor therefore, ICAN which is being assessed as a professional study does not get scored. The only professional qualification i've seen that falls under the category as defined by CIC is ACCA, as it is assessed to be the equivalent of a 3year degree. Don't waste your time claiming points for 2certificates and at the end of the day when you have gotten ITA, CIC sees your ECA that one of the qulaifications is a professional study and then deduct your score which may then make you score less than the cut-off at that point, thereby rendering your application ineligible. You would have wasted time, hope and also your application fee of 550CAD as every application that doesn't sail through after ITA loses the application fee

Finally, for those interested in Quebec, the application date has been shifted to January 25 which means for those who are yet to open their account online with them still have the grace to do so. Pls note that Quebec charges application fee of 765CAD for principal applicant and 162 i think, for each dependant. Check the link below for the online registration. God bless you all

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/mon-projet-quebec/index.html

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.