Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,184 members, 7,880,691 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:37 AM

Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter (13237 Views)

Shola Thompson To Leave Inspiration Fm Coz Of Dan Foster / Dan Foster Now The Highest Paid OAP / After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by freelance(m): 2:25am On Apr 17, 2009
Dan Foster, a popular Radio presenter and one of the top guys behind Inspiration FM,has been deported from Nigeria. The news broke last weekend and it was confirmed on Monday and it was also reported in today's edition of Encomium magazine.

It was gathered that the American who was recruited from the United States of America by the management of Cool FM got more than he bargained in the hands of the men of the immigration who refused all to allow him stay a day further in Nigeria last Friday. The deportation of Dan Foster was allegedly facilitated by his Cool FM, his former employer.Cool Fm did not find the way Dan left the company to join Inspiration Fm owned by Erastus Akingbola the Vice Chairman of Intercontinental Bank Plc.The company vowed that they would have him deported from Nigeria because in the first place he got his work permit through them and his stay permit has expired.

Dan's excuse that he is got married to a Nigeria and that they even have an issue together did not hold water as Immigration officials insist that he should go back to America and them re-apply to come back to Nigeria in the proper way.

http://nigeriafilms.com/content.asp?ContentId=4765&ContentTypeID=4
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by tosinaded(m): 2:30am On Apr 17, 2009
he should apply again undecided
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by seemama: 2:59am On Apr 17, 2009
DAN GO REAPPLY OR BETTER FIND A NEW JOB AT THE POWER FM NEWYORK
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by Dotman01(m): 7:01am On Apr 17, 2009
Yeah he should Re-apply quickly
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by Igwe9(m): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2009
shocked shocked
In as much as I don't know much about Dan and his deportation cases, I believe it's always better to pay good with good and bad with good also knowing fully well that two wrongs can't make a right.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by lalaboi(m): 9:29am On Apr 17, 2009
Are they Mad. . . .he should re apply?

Those saying he should re-apply. . . .If you are caught in the UK or US for expired papers. . . .You are considered illegal and deported. . . .never to return, . . In other words. . .banned from the country. . . .And you flippn tell him to go and re-apply. . . . .Wake up guyz. . . . .and cool fm is such stupid radio station
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by tosinaded(m): 9:56am On Apr 17, 2009
lalaboi:

Those saying he should re-apply. . . .If you are caught in the UK or US for expired papers. . . .You are considered illegal and deported. . . .never to return, . . In other words. . .banned from the country. . . .And you flippn tell him to go and re-apply. . . . .Wake up guyz. . . . .
i agree wiv this sumhow

and cool fm is such stupid radio station
so ure falling fo the cool fm set him up shit
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by lalaboi(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2009
tosinaded@:

i agree wiv this sumhow

so ure falling fo the cool fm set him up shit

OFFCOURSE. . . . What do immigration peeps in naija care about Americans (the one in question is valuable to nigerian radio). . . . . except for the illegal chinese ones. . . .If nor be say pesin don give em chicken change to finally do their job. . . .
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by tosinaded(m): 10:02am On Apr 17, 2009
lalaboi:

OFFCOURSE. . . . What do immigration peeps in naija care about Americans (the one in question is valuable to nigerian radio). . . . . except for the illegal chinese ones. . . .If nor be say pesin don give em chicken change to finally do their job. . . .

shit happens o lala undecided
cld av been sum1 else u know
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by debosky(m): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2009
Whether they were given chicken change or not, if he has overstayed on the work permit he has, he should be deported. Simple.

We need to have some respect for our rules and they should apply to everyone - be it illegal Chinese, Indian or American.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by tosinaded(m): 10:07am On Apr 17, 2009
debosky:

Whether they were given chicken change or not, if he has overstayed on the work permit he has, he should be deported. Simple.

We need to have some respect for our rules and they should apply to everyone - be it illegal Chinese, Indian or American.
debo o n binu ni grin
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by lalaboi(m): 10:08am On Apr 17, 2009
debosky:

Agreed. . . .Tell me sumn Debo. . . .IF you get deported for overstaying. . .Do u think the US government will tell you to go and re apply?
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by tosinaded(m): 10:14am On Apr 17, 2009
u av a point sha!!!
why deport him in the first place?
if he can re-apply

and am begining to biliv that cool fm is behind this, they prob tut he wld be deported and wnt return!!!!!!
guess erastus gave them more chicken change, to get him to re apply

hmmmmmmmmmmm naija
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by jaguda(m): 10:21am On Apr 17, 2009
Cool fm don comot from my preset radio stations from today.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by tosinaded(m): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2009
jaguda i like ur name o grin
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by oluwdashmi(f): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2009
debosky:

I agree, irrespective of the person's status.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by ADEOMOLE(m): 10:32am On Apr 17, 2009
Dan foster is a victim of circumstance.
The immigration service is taking advantage of the media attention
his deportation is going to generate.

In a steady country, he ought to have been confered an honournary
citizenship. He is more Nigerian than most of us.

What a shame.

He is definitely going to come back.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by amaikama(m): 10:39am On Apr 17, 2009
I smell a rat and shit here!!!! lipsrsealed angry who did it?? tell me, i won't spank you. grin
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by tosinaded(m): 10:45am On Apr 17, 2009
ADEOMOLE:

wut rubbish?
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by bee22(f): 10:46am On Apr 17, 2009
me i agree with ade o,

and btw he is married to a nigerian and has a kid.That should confer on his some kind of temporary stay or sumtin undecided
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by proudly9ja(m): 10:56am On Apr 17, 2009
lalaboi:

Those saying he should re-apply. . . .If you are caught in the UK or US for expired papers. . . .You are considered illegal and deported. . . .never to return, . . In other words. . .banned from the country. . . .And you flippn tell him to go and re-apply. . . . .Wake up guyz. . . . .and cool fm is such stupid radio station

I don't totally agree with this. In the US or the UK, if you have the status Dan has in Nigeria, if you have contributed positively to the country as much as Dan has done to Nigeria, a good lawyer would even get you a visa and you won't even be deported. Even people who over stay their visas and have lived on illegal jobs get valid visas through lawyers talkless of someone who has done as well as Dan Foster has done in Nigeria.

Im sure he'l be back.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by orisebawo(m): 10:59am On Apr 17, 2009
ADEOMOLE:

Dan foster is a victim of circumstance.
The immigration service is taking advantage of the media attention
his deportation is going to generate.

What a shame.

He is definitely going to come back.

If he is being deported because he has overstayed his visa, then the immigration services need to be commended, there is nothing shameful in what the immigration service as done irrespective of the circumstances, because that is part of their job, if he wants to claim a resident status virtue of his marriage to a nigerian then he has to go through the proper channels.

I am not sure on what basis you think he deserves an honorary citizenship and i do not know of any country that gives such for doing what you are paid to do, unless perhaps you know of exceptional contributions he has made to Nigeria.

We should not be little our country by allowing foreigners to break the law willingly, especially when they wont allow you to do the same in their country
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by debosky(m): 11:02am On Apr 17, 2009
lalaboi:

Agreed. . . .Tell me sumn Debo. . . .IF you get deported for overstaying. . .Do u think the US government will tell you to go and re apply?
Lala I think it depends. If Nigerian law allows someone who has overstayed to go back and re-apply, then there is nothing wrong with that. The key thing is what the law specifies and complying with the law.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by Iranoladun(f): 11:03am On Apr 17, 2009
Why would Dan Foster remains in Nigeria without valid papers?  

I expect him to know that he needs to file the necessary papers having resigned from his original employer Cool FM to join Inspiration FM? Then when he got marry to a Nigerian he should have apply for resident permit.  Did he think he could remain in the country without valid papers, more so as a public figure? angry angry

Anyway, if he was not deported as a result of conviction of a criminal offence then he can re-apply for work permit resident visa etc.  Please see the Nigerian Immigration act
 http://www.nigeria-law.org/Immigration  Otherwise he should kiss Nigeria bye-bye grin
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by SamMilla1(m): 11:05am On Apr 17, 2009
Sometimes Nigerian System works
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by sojioguns(m): 11:07am On Apr 17, 2009
Dan or no Dan, the guy messed up. There is no reason that immigration would deport him if his papers haven't expired. I guess the Nigerian factor got into him too deep, thinking he could get away with anything because he is a celeb.
Trust me, it would be hard for him to come back.
As for the guys at Cool FM, GANGSTER MENNNNN!

By the way, why are people on his side? He has contributed, so what? He is an illegal immigrant.

@ADEOMOLE, That is a slap on Nigerians' faces "He is more Nigerian than most of us." Total crap I must add. What has he done?? He is good at his job, yes.

@proudly9ja, Your ideology won't work in the US or UK, illegal is illegal. Apply for your stay, dammit! Heck, you should change your username because that kind of post doesn't speak any sort of pride in Naija.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by Pataki: 11:11am On Apr 17, 2009
Those saying he should re-apply. . . .If you are caught in the UK or US for expired papers. . . .You are considered illegal and deported. . . .never to return, . . In other words. .  .banned from the country. . . .And you flippn tell him to go and re-apply. . . . .Wake up guyz. . . . .and cool fm is such stupid radio station

No, you are considered illegal and asked to leave. There is a choice given to you, leave of your own freewill or you would be forced to leave (deportation). There is no where in the immigration law that says, he cannot re-apply. If there is, please kindly quote it out.

Dan Foster can re-apply for a visa to enter Nigeria, nothing stopping him from doing that.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by spikedcylinder: 11:12am On Apr 17, 2009
Hmmmn. . . . disadvantages of being stupid. . . .

You know you left Cool FM with bad blood and they vowed to get back at you. What should a sensible man do? Try and search for the loop holes! Fill every blank and cross every T so they have nothing to use against you.

Re-apply, Dan. undecided
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by Becomrrich: 11:19am On Apr 17, 2009
He should have been allow to see a lawyer, since he is married to a nigerian and have children, he should not have been deported.
There is what they call compassionate ground. He should have apply for resident permit. He may have, but with the nigeria system, even if he apply, the system is so bad, that it would take him may 5 years to get a call. Nobody knows.

If he is Africa america, he can do a DNA test, if the DNA test shows he is from a nigeria ethnics group. He as a right to citizen. Since the nigeria constitution allows for root as the means of showing your citizen. He could sue them too.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by muppet: 11:20am On Apr 17, 2009
think abt dis .dan foster has been in nigeria for more than 5 yrs now.really i sud ave tot that by now he sud ave legalized his work permit by now! or had some kind of contract to prevent any employer from coming back to hunt him no matter the beef. by the way hes married now to a nigerian!! he should have some kind of permit at least for stayn in nigeria even dou temporarily. however i dnt want 2 belive that coolfm is behind it but 1 thing we sud understand is that no employee no matter how holy, wod like his staff to live the way dan foster did . but den again life must go on.
its a pity dou.   embarassed
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by tosinaded(m): 11:30am On Apr 17, 2009
He left 2 many loop holes i guess
Re: Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter by nethacker(m): 11:44am On Apr 17, 2009
U.S will do more than this, let him go through the normal protocol so that he will understand wat some 9ja face in his own country, He can't just have everything on a platter of Gold cos he believes 9ja is just bleeped, tht serves him right. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Xten Baba - 4x4 Ashi-ashi (4x4 Yesi-yesi 9ja Version) / NBC Bans Kako Bi Chicken, Lowkey By Flowsick, Oliver Twist And Others / DOWNLOAD MP3: Semah G. Ft. Flavour – No One Like You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.