Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,752 members, 7,905,787 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:24 PM

A Linux Guru Wanna Be - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / A Linux Guru Wanna Be (1049 Views)

Hire A Linux Administrator / Can I Replace A Linux / Mounting A Linux Os Without A Gui Installer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Linux Guru Wanna Be by baani(m): 7:27am On Apr 17, 2009
, i would appreciate if you linux users could help mi with a site where i can get or download books on linux operating system for beginners ( i don't know a thing about linux but im interested in this O.S), how to use its language and other basic stuff before i go into the real thing, most site i've been to balls down to the company tht manufacture their own O.S and how to use whatever version that is available,
Re: A Linux Guru Wanna Be by Ikomi(m): 11:21am On Apr 17, 2009
Well what you have to know is that most Linux OS's might have different name, most of them share the same kernel, the difference in the names is the features that come with them.

Get a book that explains Red Hat and you might be in bizness. But I must let you know that is the problem with Open Sources, you never get a complete manual in one source you just need to keep looking around. wink

Av been using it for 4 years now so I know. You never get everything in one place.

Back to ur question. How to start?

1.Try installing one first, runing side by side with windows, cos am sure sometimes ud always want to go back and save urself problems.

2. Keep trying to make it as functional as ur windows OS.

3. Join forums, ask questions, learn to use the shell that is the easiest way to get things done in there.

I dont think av been very helpful have I? lol

Okaaaaaayyyyyyyy here is a link http://www.linux.org/docs/online_books.html

Good luck bro, did I metion its of advantage to have some coding skill, not to worry u dont need to be an expert, at least u just need to know how to get around things when they dont work as they should. undecided
Re: A Linux Guru Wanna Be by flyuche(m): 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
@poster. www.netbks.com
when you get there, just type linux in the search box, you will be surprised the amount of quality free ebooks available.
you might wanna get get[b] jzip[/b] to unzip the files.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy Cheap Laptops! / Need A Core I3 Or I5 Processor ASAP / Virus Attack Alert!! System Doctor 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.