Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,832 members, 7,906,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:26 AM

TETFUND Project, The Best In The Country's Education--prof.godwin Onu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / TETFUND Project, The Best In The Country's Education--prof.godwin Onu (705 Views)

TETFUND Boss Uncovers Fraud Involving Lecturers, Agency’s Staff / President Buhari Directs Tetfund To Inject N24bn Into 12 New Varsities / Okopoly Has More Lecturers With Phd Than Some Nig. Unis. -----prof Godwin Onu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TETFUND Project, The Best In The Country's Education--prof.godwin Onu by obynoses(m): 7:44am On Sep 27, 2015
The Rector, Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Prof. Godwin Onuh, has described TETFund as one of the most important thing that has happened to the country's education sector. Onu said without interventions from TETFund, most public tertiary institutions in the country would have been in a state of stagnation.
The rector who disclosed this in an interview with journalists who were on tour of TETFund's intervention projects in the institution, explained that the prompt release of intervention funds for the building of well-stocked libraries, classrooms and well equipped libraries have no doubt made learning more meaningful and conducive for students in the ivory tower across the country.
His words: "TETFund is one of the most important things that has happened to this country, especially in the education sector. I want to say that without TETFund intervention, most higher institutions would have been in doldrums. The establishment of TETFund is a well-thought out initiative that has impacted tremendously on the education sector, both in quantity and quality. Onu stated that most infrastructures in the school were courtesy of various TETFunds' interventions. "For the Federal Polytechnic Oko, a lot of achievements are attributable to the funding that has come from the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund). We are really pleased and happy with the disposition of the executive secretaries that have been there, and the one that is still there, and also the friendly disposition of staff of TETFund, which has impacted on instant and quick releases of funds for payment of these projects. When you go round, you will see a lot that is going on here, and I am sure that it is not only in this institution, but also some other tertiary institutions." The rector noted that many lecturers in the polytechnic have benefited from the agency's capacity building initiative. "Many of my staff are enjoying various scholarships schemes, some are in India; at least I count seven of them in various Indian universities courtesy of TETFund. One of them has obtained his Ph.D from the University of Kwazulu-Natal in South Africa and he has come back. Others are still undergoing various Ph.D programmes, while some are masters' degree programmes. Some are in the United Kingdom, others in the United States and other parts of the world as well as across Nigeria.
"Many of my staff have equally benefited from TETFund's book development project, and the same thing with research funds. Recently, I approved payments for some of them that got their research proposals approved by TETFund.
Onu added, "Among all the sources of interventions, TETFund has been very tremendous, other ones are just a drop in the ocean, but TETFUND has impacted heavily and fundamentally in the education development of this institution and I am sure it is the same thing in other institutions in the country.
source:www.guardianngr..com

(1) (Reply)

How Important Is University Education To Us. / Cheap Courses In Western Ukraine Universities. / Kenyan Prof Identifies Defects Of Nigeria's Educational System.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.