Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,657 members, 7,889,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:30 AM

Ford Car Having Brake Fluid Leakages - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Car Having Brake Fluid Leakages (556 Views)

Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? / The Evolution Of The Iconic USA Police Ford Car (video) / Ford Car Wont Reverse But Can Go Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Car Having Brake Fluid Leakages by mygame: 11:26am On Sep 28, 2015
My ford galaxy with a 2.3 engine of 1998 model is having brake fluid leakages. Kindly advice me on what to do.
Re: Ford Car Having Brake Fluid Leakages by sultaan(m): 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
My usual answer will be to ignore it
But then for OP to post this means he is absolutely careless when it comes to safety and maintenance, so the proper response is
find out where the leak is and replace the defective part.
The part is either a hose or brake line that was rusted through, your brake fluid will be almost black now it should be transparent light yellow

Op be more specific with your questions and give details of your observation and history of issue.
Re: Ford Car Having Brake Fluid Leakages by mygame: 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
[quote author=sultaan post=38466247]My usual answer will be to ignore it
But then for OP to post this means he is absolutely careless when it comes to safety and maintenance, so the proper response is
find out where the leak is and replace the defective part.
The part is either a hose or brake line that was rusted through, your brake fluid will be almost black now it should be transparent light yellow

Op be more specific with your questions and give details of your observation and history of issue.[/quotequote]
Tanks. It has been taken care off. It was rusty.
Re: Ford Car Having Brake Fluid Leakages by sultaan(m): 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
Brake fluid is hydroscopic it absorbs moisture from atmosphere so that moisture and heating and cooling of brake lines causes rust. That is why you see them say you should always have you brake fluid sealed and there is a balloon under the reservoir cap that let you know your system is not sealed when it's swollen.

Anytime you see a leak fix immediately. Brake system is flushed every 2-3 years to prevent rust as part of your maintenance schedule

1 Like

Re: Ford Car Having Brake Fluid Leakages by mygame: 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
sultaan:
Brake fluid is hydroscopic it absorbs moisture from atmosphere so that moisture and heating and cooling of brake lines causes rust. That is why you see them say you should always have you brake fluid sealed and there is a balloon under the reservoir cap that let you know your system is not sealed when it's swollen.

Anytime you see a leak fix immediately. Brake system is flushed every 2-3 years to prevent rust as part of your maintenance schedule
Thank you.... A lot.
Do me a fovour plssss. I observed when I came back from travelling DAT my engines started leaking as a result of little scratch due to a high gallop.. Can I use a fowhite to cover d little leakages or weld it.... Ur suggestions pls....

(1) (Reply)

How To Register A Nigerian Pre-owned Car??? / Please Help / Signs Of Failing Clutch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.