Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

Konoplyanka Blasts Premier League Style - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Konoplyanka Blasts Premier League Style (369 Views)

OMG! Diego Maradona Blasts Lionel Messi After Argentina World Cup Exit / Mourinho Blasts: Mikel Is Not A Number 10 / Milan To Consider Bid For Sevilla Winger Yevhen Konoplyanka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Konoplyanka Blasts Premier League Style by Moh4newsafrica(f): 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2015
Sevilla and Ukraine winger Yevhen Konoplyanka says he would have moved to the Premier League if he “didn’t know how to control a ball”.

Konoplyanka was linked with a move to Liverpool and Tottenham regularly over the last two seasons, while Stoke came close to signing him on a free transfer from Ukrainian side Dnipro in the summer.

The 25-year-old winger eventually opted to join Sevilla after rejecting advances from both Stoke and Atletico Madrid, and has now criticised the style of play in the Premier League after experiencing La Liga.

“If I was two-and-a-half metres tall and didn’t know how to control a ball then I may have gone to England, but here [in Spain], the football’s more technical. It’s the best,” he said.

“I don’t regret coming to Spain. I didn’t receive many offers. Some came from the Premier League and Sevilla and Atletico from Spain, but I kept thinking that Sevilla were right for me.

“I was very anxious when making my choice, to the point that I got nervous and lost three kilos beforehand. I loved Sevilla’s insistence on signing me, so I think I made the right decision.”

read more here<<<<http://newsafricanow.com/2015/09/konoplyanka-blasts-premier-league-style/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mascherano Accused Of €1.5m Tax Evasion - Punch. / Real Asian Hd Tips> Football Betting> 3rd October Free Tips / Chelsea And Crude Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.