Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,533 members, 7,972,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:58 PM

Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? (40016 Views)

Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher? / Who Is Your Favourite Popular Pastor Or Preacher? / Is Pastor Shalom K.akinbo The Youngest And Richest Preacher In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by ChiefS(m): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2007
Bro Gbile Akanni,Pastor Tunde Bakare,Pastor Maxwell Korie of Lifeline Assembly Owerri.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by dinnerm(f): 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2007
pastor Adeboye,that man of God is humble
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by TayoD(m): 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2007
@ricadelide,

small world indeed. Pastor Gbade Ogunlana pastors BCC (Bible city church) in Ibadan. He's no longer in Agbowo shopping complex; he's now in a larger place in Bodija. He used to come around to my faculty fellowship back in UI many times and share the Word with us. If there's anyone i've met that knows how to break the word to the level in which ANYBODY can understand, it is him.
I really miss those times back in nigeria. That's why i can't but disagree with those who generalize that nigerian preachers are fraudulent and what not; Nigeria is really blessed indeed, but many times we need to look in the obscure places to find such true men of God.
Thanks for the information. Pastor Gbade Ogunlan of the Bible City Church is the exact person I was trying to remember! What a blessing he was to my life! I do miss the refreshing times I had with some ministers in Naija. While the U.S. can boast of some of the best teachers of God's word that I've ever heard, I still miss the teachers I grew up to know in Naija!!

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by barikade: 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2007
@ricadelide, TayoD, Telly B,

It seems that we've this silverline testimony among ourselves. Of course, I don't infer that other men of God come behind; but the names you guys have mentioned happen to be those who have enriched and shaped my spiritual life.

May God bless them all; and even those who are unsung (or not prominent), we praise God for privileging our great country, Nigeria.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by mrpataki(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2007
Grew up knowing and learning from Bro Gbile Akanni, a very sound teacher of the word. Right from the early days in Gboko,started even preaching like him while in School then, getting to read the Living Seed Magazines, then moved on to T'Baks. . . Guess I learnt the aggressive side of teaching the word passionately from him.

There is also Rev Kola in Kano. Heard his messages while my brother was serving in kano. Pastor Olubi Johnson is another blessed teacher of the Word.

God Bless greatly.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Reverend(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2007
Beware the following scammers and bandits:

Chris Oyakhilome
E. A. Adeboye
David Oyedepo
Samuel Abiara
Bimbo Odukoya
Matthew Ashimolowo
Chris Okotie
Tunde Bakare
Paul Adefarasin
Francis Wale Oke
William Kumuyi
Rev. Wilson Badejo
T. B. Joshua
Daniel Kayode Olukoya
Nkechi Anayo-Iloputaife
Mike Okonkwo
Uma Ukpai
Samson Ayorinde
Gbile Akanni
Sam Adeyemi
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by thesilent1(m): 9:34am On Jun 11, 2007
scammers

does this word not suggest a deliberate act to cheat someone or defraud someone?

if thats the case, can you say that you have proof that the names you have listed have been or are guilty of your accusation?

pardon me if your post was meant as humour though wink
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 12, 2007
One question though, why do Yorubas like becoming pastors of evangelical churches so much?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by thesilent1(m): 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2007
One question though, why do Yorubas like becoming pastors of evangelical churches so much?

now, you know this is just asking for trouble. lol

hope you have written your will
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2007
lmao

Na true oh

Reverend:

Beware the following scammers and bandits:

Chris Oyakhilome
E. A. Adeboye
David Oyedepo
Samuel Abiara
Bimbo Odukoya
Matthew Ashimolowo
Chris Okotie
Tunde Bakare
Paul Adefarasin
Francis Wale Oke
William Kumuyi
Rev. Wilson Badejo
T. B. Joshua
Daniel Kayode Olukoya
Nkechi Anayo-Iloputaife
Mike Okonkwo
Uma Ukpai
Samson Ayorinde
Gbile Akanni
Sam Adeyemi

Wat u mean?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by olutomiwa(m): 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2007
Donzman:

stupid question[b]?ANODA PLAYER HATER ON THE BLOCK[/b]where the hell do you come from so that i will know how to ansa u?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 13, 2007
Am I lying? Are most of these evangelical pastors not Yoruba?. . .Answer the question or tell me you can't explain why!
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by thesilent1(m): 7:17am On Jun 13, 2007
Am I lying? Are most of these evangelical pastors not Yoruba?. . .Answer the question or tell me you can't explain why!

why is that most nigerians like chicken? undecided
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Julez(f): 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2007
My favorites are Pastors Kumuyi and Adeboye, and also Env Gbile Akanni(read his book Costly assumptions, Jeez! its simply awesome)
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2007
thesilent1:

lmao
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2007
thesilent1:

It tastes good!
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by debosky(m): 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2007
I think its because many of those churches or movements started up in the SW, mainly in Lagos and its environs.

that is also where they have the most attendance/membership as well.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Debosky

That was the answer I was expecting actually, I've been thinking about this for a LONG LONG time and I've concluded that's probably it. The churches are mostly based in Lagos and environs. but we have those like Winners Chapel which didn't start in Lagos though.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 10:34pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Donzman

R u a winner?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by YarAdua2: 10:38am On Jun 15, 2007
i have met alot of pastors in this world, we have pastors that preaches:destiny,posperity,success,getting where u really belong,motivation,how to make it in life. But some has simply forgotten the highest calling,where Jesus said he has gone to prepare a room for us in his father's house. Most pastors don't talk about heaven again but we really need it. Thank God for the likes of Papa Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, Bishop Wale oke,Pastor Ashimolowo,Rev'd Gbenga Kotila E.T.C. But i really enjoy Rev'd Gbenga Kotila coz he's a man after God's heart, he has fire to light up is world, if u are void of fire or u need a fresh fire then u need thid man of God, he will surely set u ablaze for ur generation.He's d senior pastor of Centre For Reality church.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by olutomiwa(m): 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2007
Yar Adua:

i have met alot of pastors in this world, we have pastors that preaches:destiny,posperity,success,getting where u really belong,motivation,how to make it in life. But some has simply forgotten the highest calling,where Jesus said he has gone to prepare a room for us in his father's house. Most pastors don't talk about heaven again but we really need it. Thank God for the likes of Papa Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, Bishop Wale oke,Pastor Ashimolowo,Rev'd Gbenga Kotila E.T.C. But i really enjoy Rev'd Gbenga Kotila because he's a man after God's heart, he has fire to light up is world, if u are void of fire or u need a fresh fire then u need thid man of God, he will surely set u ablaze for your generation.He's d senior pastor of Centre For Reality church.
how about evangelist,doc,prophet,pastor olusegun obasanjo? grin
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 7:34am On Jun 17, 2007
lmao

Wetin im dey preach abt?How to increase poverty or how to be a silent killer?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by olutomiwa(m): 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2007
9ja4eva:

lmao

Wetin im dey preach about?How to increase poverty or how to be a silent killer?
plus including how to travel round the world and be a gud bully.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 1:52am On Jun 22, 2007
U don forget say im dey preach of how to increase fuel price
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by same410(m): 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2007
Hi all,
Who is my favourite pastor? I will choose Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. Tis is a pastor who has stayed consistent with the message the church started with. I can not find any church in Nigeria today that has not been infilterated by worldly encumberances. RCCG has two categories of members: Model and Classical. That is unchristian. There is only ONE GOSPEL.

What business was OBJ doing on RCCG pulpit? What business was Pastor Oritsejafor doing on d same pulpit? The bible said two cannot be together except they be agree.

I attend living spring chapel but inconsistency is all over the place.

I dont believe in pastor woshipping but the truth is many ignorant christians are been fed the wrong gospel by the so-called televangelists like Pastor Chris.

Anyone with strong response on this can reach me via same410@yahoo.com
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by MP007(m): 9:55am On Jul 07, 2007
one thing i love aaabt pastor adeboye is that he always ends his sermons with 'the call to the alter', to bring people to christ

However, i enjoy watching pastor ashimolowo on BET early morning hours, he preaching just lifts up my soul, refreshes, They are both ddoing a wonderful job
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 7:32am On Jul 08, 2007
same410:

Hi all,
Who is my favourite pastor? I will choose Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. Tis is a pastor who has stayed consistent with the message the church started with. I can not find any church in Nigeria today that has not been infilterated by worldly encumberances. RCCG has two categories of members: Model and Classical. That is unchristian. There is only ONE GOSPEL.

What business was OBJ doing on RCCG pulpit? What business was Pastor Oritsejafor doing on d same pulpit? The bible said two cannot be together except they be agree.

I attend living spring chapel but inconsistency is all over the place.

I don't believe in pastor woshipping but the truth is many ignorant christians are been fed the wrong gospel by the so-called televangelists like Pastor Chris.

Anyone with strong response on this can reach me via same410@yahoo.com

U funny mehn.Well press don dey write of Adeboye n Obj.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Esss(m): 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2007
The poll is not fair. Most preachers are not there. Now this is my list according to their special powers;

Pastor Chris Oyakilome; Miracle Powers
T.B Joshua; Advanced Level Miracle Powers
Pastor Chris Okotie; Power to rule/ Foresee the Future/Political Powers
Pastor Bimbo Odukoya (God Bless her soul); Love Powers
Pastor Tunde Bakare; Political Powers
Pastor Ashimolowo; Oyinbo Powers
Pastor Oyedepo; University business Powers
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by akins4(m): 7:35am On Jul 14, 2007
pastor william kumuyi is my father
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 7:24am On Jul 22, 2007
@Esss

U funny
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Lorenxo(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2007
My favourite Pastor in Nigeria is Pastor T.B.Joshua.
Why? Despite his being persecuted by all the above listed 'men of God" he survived and is now more popular than them internationally.
In 1996,all the so called men of God held a one week crusade against TB Joshua,titled 'Rekindling The Flame Of The Holy Spirit'.There was nothing they did not call this man of God,TB Joshua,yet he survived them.
The above listed men of God are to me not in the service of God because the more they preach,the more degenerate the nation becomes.
They are more or less criminals in the service of satan because what is the moral level of Nigeria despite all their preaching-Very Very LOW.
They preach what yhe corrupt leaders want to hear and not what God want the nation to hear.
The situation of the nation is getting worse and worse because of the preaching of these men of God-PROSPERITY,HATRED TO FELLOW MEN etc and not SALVATION OF SOULS,so TB Joshua is still my choice any day.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Reverend(m): 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2007
Me myself I grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Mountain Of Fire Allows Wearing Of Trousers In UK & US" - Daddy Freeze Reacts / Where Will Pastor Adeboye Get N1 Billion To Build New Auditorium? - Aroms Aigbeh / Could This Be Love Or Sexual Lust?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.