Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:09 PM

Julius Agwu: I Saw Death But God Brought Me Back To Life - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Julius Agwu: I Saw Death But God Brought Me Back To Life (442 Views)

Julius Agwu: "I Died But Woke Up On My Way To Mortuary" / Faithfulness Kennedy: "I Saw Death In Airpeace Flight That Nearly Crashed" / Prince Eke: "I Saw Death Face To Face " (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Julius Agwu: I Saw Death But God Brought Me Back To Life by Erave: 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Fresh from a successful surgery in USA, popular comedian, Julius Agwu is bubbling with life again as he prepares for the 10th anniversary edition of Crack Ya Ribs show in Abuja on October 2nd 2015. On Sunday, September 20th 2015, the multiple award winning comedian held a thanksgiving Service in Lagos to celebrate God’s faithfulness in his life.

The compere, actor cum singer had an exclusive session with ERAVE where he opened up on his successful surgery, his near death experience, the reckless life lived by entertainers, among other pertinent issues.

After a successful surgery, how do you feel to be back on your feet?

I don’t know where to start from. The truth is that it is really good to be alive and I thank God for everything. I owe Him all the praises for giving me this opportunity. I think it is a challenge that I really need to work more and that is basically what I have decided to do. I have to use my talent as an instrument to be able to impact more on my society. The truth is that, I can never take this opportunity for granted.

At some point during your ailment, was there any moment you pondered about giving up?

Yes, I won’t lie. This is very exclusive. There was a day I got back home and at some point I noticed I was going down, lost my appetite and I wasn’t feeling too good. You know how people will tell you different things and also form opinions. I just told my wife places where I kept vital documents for her to keep. She simply asked me ‘where are you going to’? I replied her that I don’t know what is happening and if in case anything happens to me, she can go on from there. She wasn’t shocked and even replied me that I am not going anywhere.

The truth about it is that a lot of people just walk around and do not know what is inside of them. Some people do not know what others are passing through and this has given me a renewed challenge. There is the need to be very careful and this goes to all of us especially those in entertainment.

You mentioned during your speech in church that the entire experience is another shot at life. What prompted that statement?

It is actually like a rebirth. I saw death and God brought me back to life. It is a rare opportunity because not too many people survive this and come back normal. Look at me, I have danced and given thanks to God because it’s truly a miracle. I am a living testimony that God really works. Some people are of the opinion that God is partial in some ways, but if He is truly partial in my case, then I have to give Him all the glory. I thank Him so much and I really don’t know where to start from in giving Him thanks.

Would you say entertainers do not give the required attention to their health?

All we do is hustle, work, and some other things without bothering to check our health. I just realized from this experience that we are more of colleagues and not even friends because nobody really cares about you. When it happens, it is just you and your family. I knew a lot of people who reached out to me and I appreciate them but really, it’s funny. What are we really hustling for? The true joy is your happiness and family because that is what life is about. Just like all the people who stole money, how many would they spend? Once you die, that is the end.

Aside all the challenges, what kept you going during the trying times?

The prayers, concerns, the tears of family, friends and those who truly care kept me going. There are a lot of my fans who reached out to me and had me in their prayers. Even on social media, there are some who were praying for me daily that I will be well. Also, the fact that I still have more in me kept me going because this is just the beginning and I have more to give. Right now, everything that I have procrastinated about gets my attention. I call it a rebirth, but trust me, now I know life has to be lived with ease. A lot of things have happened, but I will rather leave it that way.

Read more of the interview here http://eraveng.com/2015/09/28/julius-agwu-i-saw-death-but-god-brought-me-back-to-life/

1 Share

Re: Julius Agwu: I Saw Death But God Brought Me Back To Life by Niyeal(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
Comment later when it reach fp.

(1) (Reply)

Justin Bieber Reveals The Intensity Of His Love For Selena Gomez Led To Breakup / This Our Naija Singer,yemi Alade Don Begin Audition For Dancers And She Go Featu / What helped Davido and other celebrities graduate from the University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.