Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,142 members, 7,880,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:32 PM

24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka (30768 Views)

85% Intelligent Ai For Football Betting / Make Million Dollar Sales ..... By Building A Functional E-commerce Website / Download "KIT Browser" Very Fast Browser Designed By A 19-year Old Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by mightycrown1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
[size=18pt] see this northerner doing nigeria good and making her proud. gradually they are taking over systematically. at least we will rest from all these noise makers that ' omo nu won n ko le, awon jiso' ; that full NL. [/size]
Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
Touchey:
Your construction is very poor
You cant even construct broom!
Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by engrolawei: 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
djl:
A twenty-four year old Nigerian, Bobai Ephraim Kato, has built a fully functional artificial intelligence robot for his final year project at the International College of Business and Technology (ICBT) in Sri Lanka.
After his secondary school education in Nigeria in 2009, he wrote JAMB exams twice trying to get an admission into Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria to study medicine, but all to no avail. He couldn’t get into the remedial school at ABU, and Kaduna State University (KASU) did not accept him either. It was not until he started a program at KASU’s remedial school that opportunity presented itself through the NIIT (National Institute of Information Technology) scholarship exam. Kato’s success story took shape over the next four years as he eventually ended up in Sri Lanka and studied Software Engineering.

Kato admits that the idea of artificial intelligence was random. The knowledge he gained from previous classes on Artificial Intelligence Systems set the pace for his work with the robot. His first work with Artificial Intelligence was “Wine Quality Test”, a piece of software which uses artificial intelligence to determine the quality of wine. When the directive came to his class to create software that uses Artificial Intelligence for predictions and solutions, he couldn’t think of anything. It was not until he did some research that the idea of a robot, which could solve puzzles struck him.

A Nigerian Software Engineering student, Kato personally built and developed the algorithm that enabled the robot to solve a Rubik’s Cube in a matter of minutes – a feat he admits to have never achieved himself.
Kato, who hails from the Atyap tribe in Karina said, “ My first 5 tests were a failure. The robot always shot a scanning error, and this was a week to my final submission. All I could do was pray. I didn’t know what to do again. I was confused and restless. I kept grinding and it finally started working. At that stage, the robot wasn’t intelligent enough and I had to train it to solve many puzzles to get more skills to save in the database.”
Kato spent two nights building the robot. After construction, he installed the software which served as the brain into a memory card for testing. A week to Kato’s final submission, the robot was still not functional. It took six tries to get the robot to work, and then a few days to increase its intelligence quotient. It was hard work for Kato, as he could not solve the Rubik’s Cube himself.
In the spirit of giving back, his new focus is on forensic computing, cyber security, and digital investigation, which he hopes to put to full use when he goes back to Nigeria.
“I’m happy to return back to Nigeria as a Cyber Security and Digital forensic Tech,” he says. “If anything, that’s what Nigeria needs more. We need people who are savvy and sincere in Digital Investigation, Cyber Security and Forensic

See d link to the video below

http://hotfixtech..sg/2015/09/a-24-year-old-nigerian-builds.html
Please, Kato dont come to Nigeria. I know a NIgerian who studied in China and acquired much engineering knowledge in electronics and can build inverters better than most imported ones. He also can build good airconditioners and is vast in various sophisticated gadgets, yet when he came home he was abandoned as no one even cared for his knowledge and skills. That is what you may face. Go to UK, Canada or any other good country like even Germany where you will make better use of your skills and get more knowledge and money.

1 Like

Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by ibolomo(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Good, but not newsworthy.
Kids in the west build this in their basements all the time.
seems you have been watching too many american movies...
Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by Sheggy13(m): 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
Touchey:
Thank God we have a cheering news out of this country like this and not your usual Boko haram or Saraki news,and all. your mind could muster was to comment on the grammar and not the feat achieved. You're a very pathetic fellow..spits**
Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by Raphtop(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
Touchey:
its so unfortunate that u are the first to coment and u spewed that poo out ov ur detimout. learn t appreciate sth.

1 Like

Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by jayriginal: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
Touchey:

Hi hater. Bye hater.

1 Like

Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by Horus(m): 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by andyanders: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
Touchey:
Never can you get to this point in your life as you cannot appreciate other people's progress in life, progress is not for you.

1 Like

Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by andyanders: 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
The sky is your limit and you will one day dine with Bill Gate and his likes. Good work.Move on as you make Nigeria proud so shall your life see progress.

2 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by Rick9(m): 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
Na wah oh na Sri Lanka fine like this, weti be de problem of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by MrCork: 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
djl:
A twenty-four year old Nigerian, Bobai Ephraim Kato, has built a fully functional artificial intelligence robot for his final year project at the International College of Business and Technology (ICBT) in Sri Lanka.
After his secondary school education in Nigeria in 2009, he wrote JAMB exams twice trying to get an admission into Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria to study medicine, but all to no avail. He couldn’t get into the remedial school at ABU, and Kaduna State University (KASU) did not accept him either. It was not until he started a program at KASU’s remedial school that opportunity presented itself through the NIIT (National Institute of Information Technology) scholarship exam. Kato’s success story took shape over the next four years as he eventually ended up in Sri Lanka and studied Software Engineering.

Kato admits that the idea of artificial intelligence was random. The knowledge he gained from previous classes on Artificial Intelligence Systems set the pace for his work with the robot. His first work with Artificial Intelligence was “Wine Quality Test”, a piece of software which uses artificial intelligence to determine the quality of wine. When the directive came to his class to create software that uses Artificial Intelligence for predictions and solutions, he couldn’t think of anything. It was not until he did some research that the idea of a robot, which could solve puzzles struck him.

A Nigerian Software Engineering student, Kato personally built and developed the algorithm that enabled the robot to solve a Rubik’s Cube in a matter of minutes – a feat he admits to have never achieved himself.
Kato, who hails from the Atyap tribe in Karina said, “ My first 5 tests were a failure. The robot always shot a scanning error, and this was a week to my final submission. All I could do was pray. I didn’t know what to do again. I was confused and restless. I kept grinding and it finally started working. At that stage, the robot wasn’t intelligent enough and I had to train it to solve many puzzles to get more skills to save in the database.”
Kato spent two nights building the robot. After construction, he installed the software which served as the brain into a memory card for testing. A week to Kato’s final submission, the robot was still not functional. It took six tries to get the robot to work, and then a few days to increase its intelligence quotient. It was hard work for Kato, as he could not solve the Rubik’s Cube himself.
In the spirit of giving back, his new focus is on forensic computing, cyber security, and digital investigation, which he hopes to put to full use when he goes back to Nigeria.
“I’m happy to return back to Nigeria as a Cyber Security and Digital forensic Tech,” he says. “If anything, that’s what Nigeria needs more. We need people who are savvy and sincere in Digital Investigation, Cyber Security and Forensic

See d link to the video below

http://hotfixtech..sg/2015/09/a-24-year-old-nigerian-builds.html

...that robot dog loook like bingo! angry

1 Like

Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by obstead200(m): 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
Touchey:
[b][size=13pt]
seconded
I actually think a large part of this story is not true. It was only sweetened to make the student look like a genius.
PROOF:
1. He cannot be a genius when he cud not pass jamb and even state universities in Nigeria are rejecting him. (And I think he has money so no one shud come and tell me naija factor)
2. The first and foundamental step in system development is to understand the existing system. This also applies to all sorts of mechanical, mechatronic and robotic engineering. If u don't understand how EXACTLY how dat stuff works manually, u can NEVER automate it. Simple!! In fact u need to understand the inner logic of the manual system before u can design a plan to automate it.
The guy said he could not solve a Rubik cube himself. How on earth was he able to design a robot that can solve one? ThAt will be impossible!!! Quote me anywhere and I will defend this.
This guy cud not have built this stuff himself (If it was actually built).
Finally, I don't trust some of these foreign universities. Many of them are pure scam looking to swindle unsuspecting migrant students who are seeking for paper qualification by a foreign body.
[/size][/b]

3 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by maci(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2015
asumo12:

Where?

undecided
There
Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by danizy(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2015
qualityovenbake:
I advice you not to rush back home, gather enough knowledge about the field of artificial intelligence before coming back to Nigeria. The tools you need to succeed are easily accessible over there in asia especially in China. If you intend leavng Sri Lanka in order to further your area of specialty, I suggest you head to China.
undecided
qualityovenbake:
I advice you not to rush back home, gather enough knowledge about the field of artificial intelligence before coming back to Nigeria. The tools you need to succeed are easily accessible over there in asia especially in China. If you intend leavng Sri Lanka in order to further your area of specialty, I suggest you head to China.
are you telling us?y nt write it as a letter to him?
Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by ifatayese(m): 7:46am On Oct 02, 2015
am ifatayese ewenla son of ajijolaogun of ijebu land am here to advertise my father job what do you realy need? the you want your market to be more movere? the you have any disease? the you want to be more richer? do you have a husband problem or wife problem?in any problem you have, just come to ajijolaogun of ijebu land Has your lover abandoned you for other ladies after he has promised to mary you? Have the evil spirits blocked your marriage from having the fruits of the womb? Is yours that of being 'used anddumped' by men after you have given themyour heart? Or you want your lover to come back by force? Do you want your lover to take good care of you and continue to spend for you? or Are you suffering from one of the deadly veneral diseases that you are ashamedof discussing it with anybody? Well, this is the unique opportunity for you to talk to us call this number 08188423085 09035029756or you such add me on facebook ifatayese ewenla
Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by ifatayese(m): 7:47am On Oct 02, 2015
am ifatayese ewenla son of ajijolaogun of ijebu land am here to advertise my father job what do you realy need? the you want your market to be more movere? the you have any disease? the you want to be more richer? do you have a husband problem or wife problem?in any problem you have, just come to ajijolaogun of ijebu land Has your lover abandoned you for other ladies after he has promised to mary you? Have the evil spirits blocked your marriage from having the fruits of the womb? Is yours that of being 'used anddumped' by men after you have given themyour heart? Or you want your lover to come back by force? Do you want your lover to take good care of you and continue to spend for you? or Are you suffering from one of the deadly veneral diseases that you are ashamedof discussing it with anybody? Well, this is the unique opportunity for you to talk to us call this number 08188423085 09035029756or you such add me on facebook ifatayese ewenla
ifatayese:

Re: 24 Year Old Nigerian Builds A Functional And Intelligent Robot In Sri Lanka by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 03, 2015
Ilekeh:
No be Nigerian name na

I was expecting Bolanle or Ahmed.

He sounds middlebeltian....na dem carry Asian name for head. Hand a friend named Gabriel Tang. undecided

Congrats!!! Many more to come. I'll join you guys next year cool
Exactly! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Hardly See Nigerians Teaching About Coding On Social Media. / Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App / Official Thread For Experts And Begineers In Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.