Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,734 members, 7,875,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:03 PM

I Was Beaten With Machetes And Trekked Barefooted – Falae - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Beaten With Machetes And Trekked Barefooted – Falae (590 Views)

Barefooted Nnamdi Kanu Kneels & Prays To gods In Anambra To Restore Biafra (Pic) / Where Are Those That Trekked For President Buhari? / El-Rufai Playing Football Barefooted Wearing Native Attire & Eyeglass(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Beaten With Machetes And Trekked Barefooted – Falae by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation and presidential candidate, Olu Falae, on Tuesday said his abductors used machetes to beat him and made to trek bare footed day and night without food.

Speaking to Channels Television in his residence in Akure, Ondo State capital, Mr Falae said that he had been having a running battle with the cattle rearers whose cattle used to consume his crops.

Mr Falae said that the six young men were armed with guns and cutlasses and they continuously threatened him with death if the 90 million Naira they ransom demanded was not paid.

The Elder Statesman, however, called on the Federal Government to regulate cattle rearing so that they would not constitute problems for other Nigerians.

Mr Falae, who confirmed that his family paid a ransom to secure his release, maintained that he didn’t bother to find out how much was paid. He thanked the Federal Government, the police, the Ondo State Government, his relatives and all Nigerians that showed concern during his ordeal.

President Muhammadu Buhari had directed the Inspector-General of Police and other security agencies to take all necessary action to ensure the safe and speedy rescue of the former presidential candidate.

Mr  Falae was kidnapped from his farm in Ondo State on Monday, September 21 with his abductors, suspected to be Fulani herdsmen, demanding for a cash sum of 90 Million Naira as ransom for the septuagenarian to be released.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/09/29/i-was-beaten-with-machetes-and-made-to-trek-barefooted-falae/
Re: I Was Beaten With Machetes And Trekked Barefooted – Falae by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 30, 2015
The time is now... Nigerians must say no to the activities of Fulani herdsman.
Re: I Was Beaten With Machetes And Trekked Barefooted – Falae by cornoil(m): 6:17am On Sep 30, 2015
Who will curb Fulani excesses in Nigeria now, marauding Yoruba land, raping, robbing, committing murder, arson. The rate Fulanis are going can also be compared to Bokoharams. Ever since their kinsmen and leaders such as Buhari, Elrufai, the ardent supporters of Fulani came into power, the Fulani has killed hundreds of Nigerians. Bokoharams and militants started this way, even though they have what they are fighting for, but these Fulani criminals are just wicked people with lust for blood and crime.
Re: I Was Beaten With Machetes And Trekked Barefooted – Falae by truefact: 7:14am On Sep 30, 2015
thekingsmen:
The time is now... Nigerians must say no to the activities of Fulani herdsman.
Are fulanis not the owners of Nigeria? Who is a Nigeria? The so called fulanis are first citizens. ..morons everywhere
Re: I Was Beaten With Machetes And Trekked Barefooted – Falae by chernest2002: 7:26am On Sep 30, 2015
The leader of fulani headsmen is our president so let's live with the wahala at least till 2019
Re: I Was Beaten With Machetes And Trekked Barefooted – Falae by wasco24: 7:32am On Sep 30, 2015
This man sabi lie
You that is dying beaten with machete and still alive, work for many kilometres abeg reform your lies
Re: I Was Beaten With Machetes And Trekked Barefooted – Falae by opytom(m): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2015
This is barbaric... May God deliver us frm many troubles that has befell this country... For u calling president name to this pls use ur brain.
Re: I Was Beaten With Machetes And Trekked Barefooted – Falae by Acjohn(m): 7:34am On Sep 30, 2015
Now you understand what the plateau, Taraba, benue and the unheeded voices in Bauchi are saying. You suffered, thats okay because poeple that are kidnapped passed through it. You only becomes a nonentity if you do nothing about those of others

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Announcement Is This? Saw It In My Wathsapp.. / Who Is To Blame For The Gun Epidemic In America? / Separation Of States From Nigeria Without Fuss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.