Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,828 members, 7,872,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

Awards Come With A Lot Of Politics- Kunle Afolayan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Awards Come With A Lot Of Politics- Kunle Afolayan (408 Views)

Kunle Afolayan Teaches His Son How To Pound Yam / Kunle Afolayan And Akon At Canne Film Festival / Kunle Afolayan, Bimbo Akintola And Moji Olaiya (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Awards Come With A Lot Of Politics- Kunle Afolayan by Mchayy(m): 11:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
Nollywood actor and producer, Kunle Afolayan who won big at the 2015 AMAA awards said he’s not a fan of submitting his films for awards because they come with politics.

Kunle also said he’s grateful for the awards he grabbed at the AMAA and he’s looking forward for his crew to benefit from it.

In his words,

“I feel great, I feel good that these awards are coming but what I’m looking forward to is for my crew and cast to benefit from these awards. I have had enough of awards, now, for me, it’s about making films for the people. Yes, reasonably, the awards add to the marketing and publicity of the film but my technical crew put a lot into the productions.”

Speaking further, “If I have my way, I won’t go out to submit my films for awards, because whether we like it or not, awards come with a lot of politics. So, if you can’t handle the shock, don’t go there. Today, I’m excited. Sadiq Daba was overwhelmed to get the award for Best Actor in a Leading Role and I want to commend the organizers of the AMAA for a beautiful outing here in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. No doubt, it’s a better edition and with the partnership with Facebook, the mileage was good and the experience spectacular. It’s a unique experience.” Afolayan said.

http://nexthop.com.ng/awards-come-with-a-lot-of-politics-kunle-afolayan/

Re: Awards Come With A Lot Of Politics- Kunle Afolayan by Oladimejjy(m): 11:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
politics and corruption are like synonyms

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Comedian Teju Babyface As A Baby (toddler), Back In Those Days / Look Who Is Plus One Today??? / (must Read) 6 Reasons Why Guys Are Afraid To Date Beautiful Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.