Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:59 AM

Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa (630 Views)

4 Most Powerful Forces Set To Pull Nnamdi Kanu Down / Christians In Kaduna Take Up Arms To Fight Back Against Persecution / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa by emamos: 8:15am On Sep 30, 2015
Distinguished colleagues, I heartily welcome you back from our annual recess. I hope you had a very rewarding time with your families and your constituencies. I also hope that the period of recess has afforded you opportunities to reflect on the enormous task before this Senate in the months ahead. I believe that we have all resumed today with greater vigour and higher commitment to serve our fatherland and serve the cause of democracy. In the face of the great challenges that our country faces on different fronts, which urgently demands our attention, we must be prepared to put in the long extra hours to make up for the precious time we have lost for sundry reasons. As we resume today, we must demonstrate clearly to Nigerians that we are prepared to fulfill our mandates and put Nigeria first in all that we do, no matter how we feel about anything else. To behave contrary will amount to a betrayal of the confidence repose on us by our constituencies and our country as a whole.
Let me seize this moment to register my deep sadness over the death of yet-to-be-determined number of pilgrims who lost their lives in the tragic events that happened in Saudi Arabia during this year’s Hajj pilgrimage. May the Almighty Allah grant them eternal salvation and comfort their families. Even though the incident in Mecca has global ramification, we must pursue a Nigerian angle to it. By so doing, we would begin to demonstrate to Nigerians and to the world that Nigeria cares about its people and will take care of its people wherever they may be. Pursuant to this, the Senate shall seek to determine the exact number of Nigerian lives lost in the incidents and through the Federal Government of Nigeria, work with the Saudi authorities to determine the remote and immediate cause of the tragedy with the general aim of averting such occurrence in the future.
On the September 17, 2015, we woke to the shocking news of a military coup in Burkina Faso. This is a monster, which we thought has been wiped off the West African political landscape forever. I therefore, commend the prompt response of the leaders of ECOWAS, not only in unanimously condemning the coup, but in pushing hard to ensure that the constitutional order is restored in that country. A threat to democracy anywhere, is a threat to democracy everywhere. We must therefore remain vigilant and leave no one in doubt that only democratically elected government would be accepted on our Continent and our Sub-region.
During the recess, I attended with some of our colleagues, the Inter-Parliamentary Union Conference in New York, United States. The high point of that visit for me was the conversation on Boko Haram and mobilisation of global support for Nigeria, especially in dealing with the serious challenges of Internally Displaced Persons and the overall development of the North East of our country. I argued that the significant military success that has been achieved under President Muhammadu Buhari must now be complemented by a robust economic strategy in form of a Global Infrastructure and Development Fund that can deliver the vital services needed by the IDPs today, and the key infrastructure they would need to live a more meaningful and more secured life in the future: homes, hospitals, schools and, of course, jobs. Even though the evolution of Boko Haram has been regional and it is primarily a Nigerian problem; the consequences in human catastrophe implicates the whole of humanity and therefore demands a global scale solution, which can only happen with the support of our richest global partners and the biggest companies around the world. The call for a Global Infrastructure and Development Fund for the North-East of Nigeria, is not only an appeal to our common humanity, but a call for a global platform that would demonstrate to Boko Haram and other terrorist groups everywhere that the whole world is united against them, and will ultimately defeat them.
Read more:http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=169095
lalasticlala,seun
Re: Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa by adedayourt(m): 8:16am On Sep 30, 2015
grin
Re: Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa by bigass123(m): 8:20am On Sep 30, 2015
undecided
Re: Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:21am On Sep 30, 2015
With 83 senators at ur back even the dullard knows ousting u is a lost battle. because even if the CCB finds u guilty we move to the applea where so many things can happen. By the time the supreme court passes judgment its january 2019 where buhari would have so failed nigerians that there would be wide spread anger and sentiment to oust his govt. Mastubators are running out of vasline.
Re: Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa by emamos: 8:21am On Sep 30, 2015
bukky,O.Y.O..even your defenders are now afraid of accepting a post from you.
Re: Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:22am On Sep 30, 2015
"not only will the senate support you, the whole of Nigeria youths will support you sir. Anything that makes amaechi fit to be a minister, automatically makes you fit to lead the senate". Quote me anywhere
Re: Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa by Omotayor123(f): 8:25am On Sep 30, 2015
undecided Wetin make I talk sef... Abeg make I laugh small grin grin grin
Re: Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa by sammyj: 8:43am On Sep 30, 2015
The caption should be why the 83 thieves senators supported Alibaba sorry Saraki !!! shocked grin grin grin
Re: Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa by sammyj: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2015
And when the Appeal and the Supreme court upheld the verdict so the senators will then stop him from being removed , I pity you !!!
JustCalMeDBoss:
With 83 senators at ur back even the dullard knows ousting u is a lost battle. because even if the CCB finds u guilty we move to the applea where so many things can happen. By the time the supreme court passes judgment its january 2019 where buhari would have so failed nigerians that there would be wide spread anger and sentiment to oust his govt. Mastubators are running out of vasline.
Re: Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa by galadima77(m): 8:55am On Sep 30, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:

U dont masturbate with "everything" at your disposal especially Aso rock!!! Hahahahahahahaha

But you wail, wail and continue to wail tirelessly when your candidate loses the presidential election!

Now who needs vaseline?
Re: Why Senators Must Defend Me Against Persecution By Powerful Forces, By Bukola Sa by hajlat(m): 9:07am On Sep 30, 2015
Mark my word, as this case is a litmus test for PMB administration,it will all be over before 1 year.
Let's put sentiments aside; Did Saraki commit these crimes? This is what Nigerians should ask ourselves. If he did,why the fuss.May be he is an introvert.
Saraki 3ce,come inside.Between you and me.I promise I will not tell anyone,are you guilty or not.

SARAKI : Ehn Ehn Ehn,what about Bola?

(1) (Reply)

Saraki As Buhari’s Collateral Damage / PDP Senators Kick As Buhari Fails To Submit List Of Ministers / Biafra: Buhari Goofed During UN Speech; Shot Self In The Leg – Bankole (read Wh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.