Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,432 members, 7,904,594 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 04:13 PM

My Husband Didn’t Support Me For Re-election – Senator Remi Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Husband Didn’t Support Me For Re-election – Senator Remi Tinubu (578 Views)

Dino Melaye And Senator Remi Tinubu Chatting (Photos) / Watch How Senator Remi Tinubu Disrupts Senate Proceedings And Threatens Senators / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Didn’t Support Me For Re-election – Senator Remi Tinubu by Osyfellaini(f): 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
Senator Oluremi Tinubu on Tuesday said she did not get the support of her husband, ABola Tinubu to run for second term in the 2015 National Assembly election.
Mrs. Tinubu (APC-Lagos Central) made the disclosure while answering questions at the ongoing “Women in Government” conference organised by the South-West Region of the Department For International Development (DFID).
The conference was organised in collaboration with the Lagos State Office of the Deputy Governor.
She said that it was her district leaders who got the form for her and talked her husband into allowing her to run for the position.
According to her, “Tinubu likes his wife to be at home and what is more confusing to me is that most Muslim men do not want their wives to work, but I am a hard worker.
“People have been saying that I got to this position because I am Asiwaju’s wife.
“What they did not realise is that in the past election, my husband asked me not to go for a second term.
“It was the leaders in my district that got me the form and talked to him that they wanted me to go back.
“You can go to my district, the elites might not know me but the grassroots are the ones supporting and voting massively for me.
“I think that is enough for me and that is how you can get elected, you have to really identify with your people; if really know your people, they will stand up for you,’’ she said.
Mrs. Tinubu said she fought and worked hard as it was difficult getting the vote of the masses.
“When I got the bill to run for primaries, I told my husband that I needed money and he said no money.
“I fought with the people in my constituency because they said I have to give them more money and I said no, what about the ones I have been giving to you before?
“If you are not going to vote, so be it.
“They said that they were just voting for me because of Asiwaju and I responded that Asiwaju is not even supporting me, then, you can go and vote for him.
“But I’m grateful they voted for me.
“I have realised that when you are elected, you have to go back and work with your constituency because that is where your support and vote rests,’’ she said. (NAN)
Re: My Husband Didn’t Support Me For Re-election – Senator Remi Tinubu by EverestdeBliu(m): 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
Who cares?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Didn’t Support Me For Re-election – Senator Remi Tinubu by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2015
You are an award winning liar

No apologies Ma

APC people can lie ooo

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Didn’t Support Me For Re-election – Senator Remi Tinubu by olaafirst: 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
Can you swear down to GoD that your husband did not campaign for you because u are saying your husband did not support you

1 Like

Re: My Husband Didn’t Support Me For Re-election – Senator Remi Tinubu by LadyMessi(f): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
Story for the gods. L.A.N (Liers associaton of Nigeria)
Re: My Husband Didn’t Support Me For Re-election – Senator Remi Tinubu by CSTR2: 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
Lying idiott.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Didn’t Support Me For Re-election – Senator Remi Tinubu by macpetrus(m): 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2015
story story....... story......

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Combat Cam Footage Shows Russian Planes Hitting ISIS Targets / Nigeria @55. Will You Choose To Come Back To Nigeria After Death. / Boko Haram Fighters Should Not Be Given Opportunity To Surrender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.