Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,176 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 04:30 AM

Pls Kindly Advise, Should I Buy(online) From US Or Buy From Nigeria Here - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Kindly Advise, Should I Buy(online) From US Or Buy From Nigeria Here (942 Views)

Adekola Udaomole Is A Thief And A Bitcoin Scammer, Kindly Advise And Push Foward / Pls Advise On Which Bank Is Best For Online Banking / How I Finally Made My First Money Online From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Kindly Advise, Should I Buy(online) From US Or Buy From Nigeria Here by openne(m): 6:04am On Oct 01, 2015
Hello house,
Pls I need your candid advice. I've got some stuffs in cart on Amazon online through the help of a colleague in my office, they are mainly polo/shirts and a small phone totalling 17 items. The total cost is around 80k and am even thinking of adding few more items to it if possible. I was on the verge of making payment when my colleague advised me to prepare myself for extra charges aside the shipping cost(DHL) as customs here in Nigeria will also put a charge on it. My budget for the whole stuff(shipping and custom tarrif inclusive) is 95k/100k maxi. I asked like how much should I prepare ready for custom, but he said he can't say.
My question now is, with item purchase of 80k, like how much do you think nigerian custom will likely charge me?
2. Is it not better to buy these things in Nig here and if yes, where can I get QUALITY polo shirts for myself and my baby boy.
And pls note, I decided to try Amazon(US) this time because of a recent bad experience I had, where kids' shirts are sold to me @ a ridiculous price in a big store by a woman who claim to import from US/Dubai, only for the shirts to start fading off after washing it once.
Pls kindly advise!
Thanks
Re: Pls Kindly Advise, Should I Buy(online) From US Or Buy From Nigeria Here by 2ski(m): 6:25am On Oct 01, 2015
i'm sorry, but there are lots of places you could get very nice polo's that last long at a very reasonable price .. but i strongly recommend you try Hamouf Ventures a.k.a Iya Amira . The shop is located at agege. Shamket Plaza, opposite mfm church , balogun street. there is a sign board in front of the place. you cant miss it. these are the numbers on the fliers 08033035028, 08053249833 08098303502

1 Like

Re: Pls Kindly Advise, Should I Buy(online) From US Or Buy From Nigeria Here by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2015
Lots of shops in Nigeria where they sell quality Polo, you can try Mr. Price for good polo for your Son and check Shoprite, I do believe Ralph Lauren has a store in the mall...

1 Like

Re: Pls Kindly Advise, Should I Buy(online) From US Or Buy From Nigeria Here by openne(m): 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
polymathic:
Lots of shops in Nigeria where they sell quality Polo, you can try Mr. Price for good polo for your Son and check Shoprite, I do believe Ralph Lauren has a store in the mall...
Thanks
Re: Pls Kindly Advise, Should I Buy(online) From US Or Buy From Nigeria Here by Achero(m): 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
Call dis number for help 08033217749
Re: Pls Kindly Advise, Should I Buy(online) From US Or Buy From Nigeria Here by Udiboy(f): 12:55am On Oct 02, 2015
Custom will not charge u, you have no business with customs if you want to ship using a shipper here.
I guess all this can fit into a wardrobe box or drum and it costs about 200$ to ship that from US.
Your own is to go pick it up at the shippers office in Lagos.
Infact, a drum is actually too big for what you wanna buy. It can cost you 50$ to ship from here.
You will have to google to look for shippers and use thier address so Amazon can ship ur goods to there office address.Then you follow up.
Good luck
Re: Pls Kindly Advise, Should I Buy(online) From US Or Buy From Nigeria Here by openne(m): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
Udiboy:
Custom will not charge u, you have no business with customs if you want to ship using a shipper here.
I guess all this can fit into a wardrobe box or drum and it costs about 200$ to ship that from US.
Your own is to go pick it up at the shippers office in Lagos.
Infact, a drum is actually too big for what you wanna buy. It can cost you 50$ to ship from here.
You will have to google to look for shippers and use thier address so Amazon can ship ur goods to there office address.Then you follow up.
Good luck
Thanks so much!

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Sellers Thread / Don’t Just Build A Store. Build Your Business. / South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.