Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,180 members, 7,880,679 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:59 AM

#nigeriaat55#:What We Want 4rm Buhari,Korede Bello,Iyanya,Ay,Harrysong Speak - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #nigeriaat55#:What We Want 4rm Buhari,Korede Bello,Iyanya,Ay,Harrysong Speak (469 Views)

Korede Bello's Distinction Results: Fans React (Screenshots) / Bobrisky To Paddy Adenuga: "We Want Your Dad Not You" / Why I Cannot Marry Zahra Buhari - Korede Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#nigeriaat55#:What We Want 4rm Buhari,Korede Bello,Iyanya,Ay,Harrysong Speak by chimere66: 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nigeria celebrated its 55th Independence anniversary yesterday with President Muhammadu Buhari quoted as saying ...

‘You and I and all of us must appreciate that we all have our part to play if we want to bring change. I hereby invite everyone, whatever his or her political view, to join me in working for the nation’.

Following the speech,some Nigerian celebs have aired their views on what they expect from Buhari.

Korede Bello: I wasn’t born 55 years ago, but from when I was born till now, a lot of things have changed, what that means is that we are progressing. Going forward, I expect the administration to keep their promises as regards fight against corruption and the promise of creating employment for youth. If they can do these two things, it’ll really go a long way.

Iyanya: As a musician, I’ll say we’ve grown, everything is evolving, our songs get a lot more airplay, and I see royalties coming through, I see more awards, I see more international exposure for Nigerian musicians, so I’ll just want the President to continue on the path that he is.

Harrysong: Nigeria at 55 is not trying, a 55-year-old man is almost a grandfather, so I expect the government to look to the ordinary man, the government is too selfish they oppress the ordinary man, they should come down to that standard of helping the poor.
Ushbebe: So far, from everything we’ve been going through, it’s clear that there’s a new phase for our country, we are experiencing it already. So going forward, if they go according to the plan for now, I feel we are definitely going to cut clean in Nigeria. If we stay focused to the idea of cutting down on corruption, we are definitely going to find a soft landing

Dr Sid: Really, I have no expectations from anybody, my prayer is that people should be responsible for their actions, the president seems to be on the right path, however, for there to be change in Nigeria, the job is not solely dependent on our leaders.

Ayo Makun: So far so good, we are happy as a nation, it could be better, and I keep telling people that we are not as old as America, so people shouldn’t expect to see all the goodies immediately. At 55, I just want to be hopeful for the country that things will get better. The present administration has come with some Change which I think we are beginning to notice.

Elvis Chuks: I wish Nigeria Well. But It’s  not by number of years, but by achievements and maturity, loving one another and living together as one. If Nigeria turns hundred and we have no trust or respect for one another, then we as a nation have a handfull of work to do.  Happy Independence. It’s all about we Nigerians .We can create that change we wished for if we believe it. God Bless Nigeria. ‎

Timi Dakolo: I see growth in every section and a stable economy. Going forward, I want us progressing, with Boko Haram going out of place, I also want a situation where people will come together loving each other.
Re: #nigeriaat55#:What We Want 4rm Buhari,Korede Bello,Iyanya,Ay,Harrysong Speak by benedictnsi(m): 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
It begins with them..... Akon, Wycklef, 50cent have so much impacted in their country....... It's not just about playing music and making money for yourself alone.

#you_too_can_create_a_change
Re: #nigeriaat55#:What We Want 4rm Buhari,Korede Bello,Iyanya,Ay,Harrysong Speak by therealdeal10: 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Yeess oo

It begins wit dem, dey too cn help n move 9ija forward by touching lives not flaunting ur wealth on social medias everytym

I luv harrysong's comment

(1) (Reply)

USA Top Comedian "Kevin Hart" Looking Tiny Beside These Huge And Tall Men / Senator Udoma Gets Screened First, Bows And Go / Lindsay Lohan Announces That She's Running For President In 2020 Alongside Kanye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.