Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,223 members, 7,919,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:08 PM

CSS Styles And Images Not Showing On Website. Help! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / CSS Styles And Images Not Showing On Website. Help! (786 Views)

Images Not Showing Up In Posts - Sahifa Theme / Help! Images Not Showing On My Blog / School Website - Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CSS Styles And Images Not Showing On Website. Help! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hi,

I designed a website from a free template and uploaded in Cpanel.. It's live but it has no style and images are not displaying. Just text and nothing more..

Please how do I go about this? I have done it before but have forgotten how to.. I think it's the php that's overriding the css.. Please just help.. Thanks..
Re: CSS Styles And Images Not Showing On Website. Help! by anitchec(m): 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
A few things can cause this:
1. Check your css <link> tag and make sure ur "href" path is correct. If it's?
2. Make sure the .css file it's pointing to is actually there.
Eg. If Your code should look like this: <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css" type="text/css" />

Now go to the css folder and make sure the file named style.css is there.

Note: it's very important that u specify the files extension which is the ".css"
Re: CSS Styles And Images Not Showing On Website. Help! by anitchec(m): 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
choose4me:
I think it's the php that's overriding the css.. Please just help.. Thanks..

PHP has no business with css unless your using a bootstrap or zurb foundation theme where you dynamically asign classes or you dynamically asign custom classes yourself. Even at that you should still see a few css stylings here and there.
Re: CSS Styles And Images Not Showing On Website. Help! by onyengbu: 10:25am On Oct 03, 2015
anitchec:
A few things can cause this:
1. Check your css <link> tag and make sure ur "href" path is correct. If it's?
2. Make sure the .css file it's pointing to is actually there.
Eg. If Your code should look like this: <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css" type="text/css" />

Now go to the css folder and make sure the file named style.css is there.

Note: it's very important that u specify the files extension which is the ".css"
In addition to all that, if he did .htaccess url rewrite, he will also need to do much more than all you have told him...

1 Like

Re: CSS Styles And Images Not Showing On Website. Help! by anitchec(m): 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
onyengbu:

In addition to all that, if he did .htaccess url rewrite, he will also need to do much more than all you have told him...
Tell him about it

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Bblited Back Again / How To See And Delete All The Embarrassing Stuff Google Knows About You / Tech Blog For Sale With The Adsense @ Cheaper Rate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.