Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,328 members, 7,900,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 05:04 PM

The Power-clinging Traits Of Nigerian Presidents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Power-clinging Traits Of Nigerian Presidents (370 Views)

5 Most Popular Daughters Of Nigerian Presidents / 5 Most Handsome Nigerian Presidents Since 1960(photos) / When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power-clinging Traits Of Nigerian Presidents by PRYCE(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2015
Nigerian President's are the most shameless, power hungry and desperate people to ever grace this world... Even Hitlers insatiable lust for power can't touch theirs!
In Sane Societies where we have sane presidents, One would think that the most prudent thing for a president to do is to step down. The previous administration indirectly supervised the murder of almost 11,000 but still held onto power. This Administration has also supervised the murder of Almost 5,000 innocent Nigerians despite being only 4 months old... these aren't encouraging stats for an administration that's billed to last 48 months.

I know, I know The current administration would put it all on their predecessors for " not dealing with the issue when it sprung its head"... The previous administration would have blamed their predecessor too if they too had inherited the problem and there goes the trend. But how do you deal with terrorism? That's the million pound question. An ideology isn't something tangible that one can grab and throw into an incinerator. It's something much more stronger and easily transferrable through various means.

If we could all remember, Mr Yar'Adua totally decimated this group when it first started its operations.. that was as far back as April 2014. By October the same year, They sprung back to life and continually ensured no one gets a different impression about their intentions with Spates of bombing, executions, invasions and flagrant display of their military might via Recorded videos.

The New campaign in town now is ' we wanna fight corruption'... Personally i don't care where it starts; whether in the camp of the opposition or within the administrations inner circle. They say charity begins at home! Well, this administration's charity begun 2000 miles from home but if it'll eventually comes back home, I've got no grouse with it provided All Nigerians are treated equally. That said, I'll return to my initially intended question: Who is this administration fighting corruption for when its citizens are being murdered on a daily basis? Their souls? Or their children? But how does one give birth to children if he/she is dead?

This Administration is yet to come out with a defined policy route! Its strategies on Anti- Terrorism and all! All we've been hearing is " the previous administration this, the past administration that". We were promised change NOT This adopted strategy of throwing blames and comparism "PMB vs PGEJ" just like " PMB vs GEJ cutting of cake" i saw on FP yesterday! SMH!

This administration has continuously told us Boko Haram is on the run, surrendering and near total destruction but in recent days, we've seen them openly celebrate Sallah with at least 500 fighters... Not forgetting their already stationed operatives in Some states. Destroying fuel routes, And food supply routes aren't enough if they aren't starved of finances and Weaponry. Now the supposedly ' decimated ' boko haram have carried bombs to the Federal gov'ts door step ( yesterday's nyanya blast). What next Nigerians?

Aren't we tired of stereotyped statements condemning every blast without a way forward? Even Obama ( This Administrations show man) has said "His responses to school shootings have now become ROUTINE!

PEACE!
Re: The Power-clinging Traits Of Nigerian Presidents by PRYCE(m): 10:43am On Oct 03, 2015
Look at Obasanjo, despite his Administration being mired by a barrage of controversy, managed to hold on to power and shamelessly sought a third term.

Yar'Adua, Even after admitting he rigged his way into power held on to government and swindled the opposition with his "Coalition Government " crap... Got sick and still held on to power!

Jonathan After Witnessing over 11,000 people die under his watch, The controversies, stuck to power.

Buhari, After just four months, over 5,000 people have died even amongst the propaganda and all...

If he claims to be as upright and stainless as he sold to Nigerians, He shouldn't be in power by now... Just Saying!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Former Petroleum Minister Had Been Under Investigation Since 2013 / Ten (10) Reasons Why Audu Of Apc And Wada Of Pdp Should Not Be Voted Or Returned / Diezani Reportedly Set To Undergo Surgery Next Week For Breast Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.