Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,562 members, 7,929,803 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:35 PM

Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? (968 Views)

Reasons Why Tvshows/movies Are Shoving LGBT Down Our Throats. / Which Of These 100 Movies Are The Best You've Watched So Far??! / SWEET PLAYER - HOT Nollywood New Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by Jerrydoubles(m): 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2015
Since around 2012, the trend of movies produced from Nollywood are top-notches and some can compete with worldclass films.

Spectacular cinematography, professional directing and outstanding storytelling/screenwriting,...among others.

Its a growing list, but these are a few that made the list:
* Half of a Yellow Sun
* October 1
* Mr & Mrs
* Phone Swap
* Figurine
* 30days in Atlanta
* The Meeting
* Last flight to Abuja
* the CEO (coming soon)
...Etc!

DID I SKIP ANY GOOD MOVIE? Okay, bring it On...

Join me in my subsequent posts to review&rate each of these movies and more; their strengths and weaknesses...CATCH ME ON: www.cinema214.com - starting from November 1st, 2015...keepAdate
Re: Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by Macdove02(m): 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2015
A mile from home, Weekend gateway, Brothers keeper, Iyore, secret room, Ije, Maami, Mirror Boy, Mama Africa, Teco Benson's Accident....I love that movie.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by Jerrydoubles(m): 10:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
Macdove02:
A mile from home, Weekend gateway, Brothers keeper, Iyore, secret room, Ije, Maami, Mirror Boy, Mama Africa, Teco Benson's Accident....I love that movie.

Are you kidding me?? All these films exist?? I haven't really stepped on any of them truly...but thanks for the assignment, I will find em and watch em asap...

But really, what can you say about the movies, what makes them different from the regular unrealistic and unbelievable Nollywood films we see thrown around regularly
Re: Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by Macdove02(m): 7:14am On Oct 04, 2015
Jerrydoubles:

Are you kidding me?? All these films exist?? I haven't really stepped on any of them truly...but thanks for the assignment, I will find em and watch em asap...

But really, what can you say about the movies, what makes them different from the regular unrealistic and unbelievable Nollywood films we see thrown around regularly
I kid you not bro....Great story, Wonderful cinematography, Topnotch directing, Excellent Editing...I implore you to see A mile from home, I guess it's now on Youtube. Watch it and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by wx9Z: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2015
Jerrydoubles:
Since around 2012, the trend of movies produced from Nollywood are top-notches and some can compete with worldclass films.

Spectacular cinematography, professional directing and outstanding storytelling/screenwriting,...among others.

Its a growing list, but these are a few that made the list:
* Half of a Yellow Sun
* October 1
* Mr & Mrs
* Phone Swap
* Figurine
* 30days in Atlanta
* The Meeting
* Last flight to Abuja
* the CEO (coming soon)
...Etc!

DID I SKIP ANY GOOD MOVIE? Okay, bring it On...

Join me in my subsequent posts to review&rate each of these movies and more; their strengths and weaknesses...CATCH ME ON: www.cinema214.com - starting from November 1st, 2015...keepAdate

True Talk. Nollywood is now making good movies and I think this is just the beginning.
Road to Yesterday ( coming soon)
Dark
The Visit
93 days (Coming soon)
Falling

I think it all depends on funding, it plays a huge role in movie making. Cheap production will only result to a crappy movie.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by Macdove02(m): 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
wx9Z:

True Talk. Nollywood is now making good movies and I think this is just the beginning.
Dark
The Visit
93 days (Coming soon)
Falling

I think it all depends on funding, it plays a huge role in movie making. Cheap production will only result to a crappy movie.
Not in all cases bro...Some low budget movie do make sense too. I have heard of "Ojuju" and "A mile from home"
Re: Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by wx9Z: 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
Macdove02:
Not in all cases bro...Some low budget movie do make sense too. I have heard of "Ojuju" and "A mile from home"

Yeah , you are right but the chances are really slim.. Nobody got time for that now. Quality matters a lot.. The new Nigerian crime Tv series coming out 'lasgidi cops' is a good example.
Getting a good script, actors , directors and all that need good funding. That's why Hollywood will forever remain supreme.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by Macdove02(m): 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
wx9Z:

Yeah , you are right but the chances are really slim.. Nobody got time for that now. Quality matters a lot.. The new Nigerian crime Tv series coming out 'lasgidi cops' is a good example.
Getting a good script, actors , directors and all that need good funding. That's why Hollywood will forever remain supreme.
Ok
Re: Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by inimitkel(m): 11:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
Knocking on heaven's door, Forgetting June, Phone swap, the meeting, Mother's hatred, A mile from home, Secret room & a host of others I can't recollect now...nyc movies!
Re: Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by Jerrydoubles(m): 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
inimitkel:
Knocking on heaven's door, Forgetting June, Phone swap, the meeting, Mother's hatred, A mile from home, Secret room & a host of others I can't recollect now...nyc movies!
OmG!! Seriously I can't believe these films exist...but what's wrong with publicity? Or is the fault not on that?
The thing is, considering a Hollywood film, you will see the turn out of people rushing to Cinemas around the world to watch the premiere of a particular movie...u know why? Because there has been BUZZ and deep publicity, no wonder most of them make their money back...what's the problem with really good Nollywood films Truth is, if there are good films like the ones u just listed here, then why aren't they everywhere...??*confused**
Re: Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by Jerrydoubles(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
wx9Z:

Dark
The Visit
93 days (Coming soon)
Falling

I can't agree otherwise!! Funding is one of the keys...
Re: Nollywood New-age Movies: Are We There Yet??? by inimitkel(m): 11:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
Jerrydoubles:

OmG!! Seriously I can't believe these films exist...but what's wrong with publicity? Or is the fault not on that?
The thing is, considering a Hollywood film, you will see the turn out of people rushing to Cinemas around the world to watch the premiere of a particular movie...u know why? Because there has been BUZZ and deep publicity, no wonder most of them make their money back...what's the problem with really good Nollywood films Truth is, if there are good films like the ones u just listed here, then why aren't they everywhere...??*confused**
Brova I don't think the only problem here is publicity but the real hazard is piracy. Quality movies are not buzzed in Naija because the producers lose out & don't get the profit they expect to make from such movies unlike movie production in the UK or US.

(1) (Reply)

11 Things The Movie "Back To The Future Day" Predicted Correctly / TV Series “empire” Gets A Collaboration With Ladies Cosmetic Brand Covergirl / Watch The Advert Of Fusion X - A Nigerian Action Sci-fi Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.