Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,677 members, 7,945,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

How Long Should It Take For Pot Holes To Surface On A Newly Constructed Road? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Long Should It Take For Pot Holes To Surface On A Newly Constructed Road? (627 Views)

Newly Constructed Walkway In Jakande, Lekki (Photos) / Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road / The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should It Take For Pot Holes To Surface On A Newly Constructed Road? by jammiller: 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2015
You have to surfer from very bad roads not tarred. Vehicles get damaged and you spend hard earned money on repairs. To God be the glory a contract is awarded and another round of suffering from traffic during construction starts. At least you are happy as there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. Most times the road construction is complete and you enjoy smooth ride. But it does not last. Soon afterwards pot holes start to surface. I know of a tarred road where I grew up. I grew up to meet it tarred. For expansion purpose, a reconstruction contract was awarded. The road was tarred but soon afterwards the newly tarred road became worse as the new layer gradually washed off leaving the layer I grew up to meet. A state governor assumes office, tars a road and pot holes surface while he is still in office. Sometimes a road is construction is ongoing and you find pot hole surfacing at the beginning when construction is not even complete yet.
I need answer to this question: How long should it take for pot holes to surface on a newly constructed road?
Please help.
Re: How Long Should It Take For Pot Holes To Surface On A Newly Constructed Road? by Obichi98(m): 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
I susrpose you are aware that their,on going war of corruption at morement? Til then bros!
Re: How Long Should It Take For Pot Holes To Surface On A Newly Constructed Road? by kingreign(m): 7:48pm On Oct 03, 2015
jammiller:
You have to surfer from very bad roads not tarred. Vehicles get damaged and you spend hard earned money on repairs. To God be the glory a contract is awarded and another round of suffering from traffic during construction starts. At least you are happy as there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. Most times the road construction is complete and you enjoy smooth ride. But it does not last. Soon afterwards pot holes start to surface. I know of a tarred road where I grew up. I grew up to meet it tarred. For expansion purpose, a reconstruction contract was awarded. The road was tarred but soon afterwards the newly tarred road became worse as the new layer gradually washed off leaving the layer I grew up to meet. A state governor assumes office, tars a road and pot holes surface while he is still in office. Sometimes a road is construction is ongoing and you find pot hole surfacing at the beginning when construction is not even complete yet.
I need answer to this question: How long should it take for pot holes to surface on a newly constructed road?
Please help.
The average asphalt road have a 10year service lifespan and should be subjected to regular maintenance. However, at anytime, potholes can appear on such roads due to the following factors.
1. Construction technique and intent (is the road for high traffic or low traffic density)
2. Parent bearing material on which the asphalt is laid upon.
3. Flood, land slides, mudslides etc,
4. Quality of materials used and thickness of asphalt layer,
5. Average axle mass plying the road,
6. Nigerian factor.
Re: How Long Should It Take For Pot Holes To Surface On A Newly Constructed Road? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2015
My brother. Like the saying goes "Soup wry sweet na money kill am" as long as sub-standard materials are used due to cheap expenses no miracle can hapen..
#my opinion though.
Re: How Long Should It Take For Pot Holes To Surface On A Newly Constructed Road? by shizzy7(f): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
At least 5yrs....
But the potholes are always small,,it should be filled then Or after sometime it eventually Deteriorates To Bad/rough roads....

LACK OF MAINTENANCE..

Small potholes that could be repaired with thousands of naira,,,the govt. abandons them and spends MILLIONS of naira when it gets worse..
.waste
Re: How Long Should It Take For Pot Holes To Surface On A Newly Constructed Road? by dododawa1: 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2015
Ask LAMATA
Re: How Long Should It Take For Pot Holes To Surface On A Newly Constructed Road? by dododawa1: 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
Ask LAMATA
Re: How Long Should It Take For Pot Holes To Surface On A Newly Constructed Road? by donholy28(m): 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
On Rochas china roads...only on rainy season

(1) (Reply)

Security Alert: Petroleum Ministry Or Defence Ministry. / Russian Warships Launch 26 Cruise Missiles Against ISIS From Caspian Sea (video) / Umana Brought Fake Fingerprint Experts - Udom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.