Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,023 members, 7,919,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:02 AM

Time For Attitudnal Change? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Time For Attitudnal Change? (972 Views)

Make Money Selling Part Time For Jumia / Make A Full Time Wage Working Part Time For Us / 13:52pm-intercontinental Group Time For 25 Billion(?) Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Time For Attitudnal Change? by kuntakinte(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2006
Guys, I just received this e-mail from a friend. It made such an impact onme that I have decided to post it here for others read. Hope the original writer does not mind!

*I am so passionate about the dilemma job seekers find themselves in this present day Nigeria. How many people are comforable with the job they have?
i really wonder if we are reaping from the past corruption or if we are just too sentimental to look forward to our realities.
I got a feedback from the just concluded intercontinental Bank recruitment test, especially the PHC test centre ( RSUST).

There were about 10,000 ( yes ten thousand) people around to write the test. Infact they had to reduce the exam test time from 1.5hrs to 1 hr in order to accomodate remaining candidates.
10,000 people!! in just one centre!!! i heard there were 4 other centres in the country.This is alarming.

Infact, there was so much struggle at the centre that mobile policemen had to resort to harrasment of applicants ( beating soon to be bankers!)
Some of my fellow engineers were also there, hoping that at least, fortune might smile at them in the banking industry.
Some people actually fainted due to the rush and another asthmatic patient got into crisis due to the rush and accumulated dust.
Hmm, i know more than anything that this is not right!!!!!

Little do i blame people that sleep at the embassy everyday even to enter kenya!! (http://www.careersng.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=757)
Will the brain drain ever stop

Who do we blame for this misfortune? What is the way out of this?
I think the irregularity in high places has brought us here ( most banking jobs have been mopped up by engineers and scientists because most engineering jobs are stil lunder expatriates and our govt keeps giving them visa, even while we get bounced from entering their country everyday!!) I strongly feel one man can not solve this whole problem.

Nigeria is the only country where the citizens do everything by themselves ( including provision of electricity, water, housing, SECURITY, everything) yet we pay tax to a government that pays lip service to our demands. Even in Afghanistan, the govt at least protect their citizens, even if they dont have money like Nigeria!!! Is it that we have so much problems that our government can not solve?? I dont wanna go into all that today, coz thats anoda topic i feel to passionate about.

SOLUTION
Like i advised the few people that i was opportuned to talk with at the IC aptitude test, Job seekers need to put on their thinking cap and let survival instinct generate the right hormones in them.
We need to put ourselves on the steroids of problem solving,
No governent or company can absorb the whole backlog of graduate, so before Darwin's theory of natural selection puts you into bottomless regrets, act now!!!
Remember that new universities are being approved and more graduates keep coming like never before,
Dont blame govt, dont blame your 2.2. or 2.1, look inward and come up with something!!

A word is enough for a wise job seeker.

(1) (Reply)

Reckitt Benckiser Nigltd / I Need A Job Urgently / Atm Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.